Not being negative but I now think Boro will take 2nd now 😔

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Quite interesting looking at the table after 1/3 of the season

2 of the bottom 4 are currently still fighting in the plays offs.

1 ‘nearly’ made the play offs in wba

And Huddersfield averaged over 2 points a game (Automatic form) under Warnock.

Mad league
Don't give Colin that much praise please. 1.56 points to be precise.

I think they will deffo catch us now this season.

In all honesty Boro were on a cracking run at the time but we showed that it's about the 46 games. Not a 15 game run.
Them up road despite them getting 96 PTS the focus was too much on their 23 game run and not to keep going.

Coventry totally deserved it tonight too. Really nullified them especially 2nd half.

You do wonder how Boro will be next season. They will likely not have Archer and might lose a few. Sure some will come in too but it's a start again. Can they do what hecky did and kick on next season or will they be looking for a new manager next November?

The bully boys of the division who're the best to ever do it couldn't even muster a single goal. Love it.

Think boro will be up around the play offs again next season if they can get a few loans in and sort that back 4 out.

Think the main issue could be Carrick, looks like a few managers had started to work out how to play against them the last few months of the season. Has he been worked out?

Blades11 you had one chance and you blew it.... talk about bottlejobs!

Carrick will be off to bigger and better things now. Your loan signings will all go back to their clubs and that will be that

Enjoy another 10 years in the wilderness!!
Wilderness and Wilderless.

Boro looked some team at the Lane but bottled it at season's end. Coventry on a roll might just do it.
In fairness we played well that day. We missed plenty of chances, especially in the last 10 minutes. They took their chances and we didnt

Good - I would have expected Boro to have had a larger budget had they gone up than either Luton or Coventry and rivalled Utd for targets. They'll all just be marked 'Gone to Burnley' instead now

Ohhhh Super Michael Carrick....

Well......what happened there then? I just don't understand......we were told that you were the new Messiah.
We were told that you were better than The Special One, better than Old Big Ead, better than Shanks and even better than Fergie.
Turns out that you achieved the square root of fuck all. Enjoy the Championship next season.
Loser !!!

next year such a good year to avoid championship. Three relegated from premier league , Sunderland, Boro , WBA, Norwich , play off final losers , Stoke, Watford, Swansea etc. Will be strongest championship for years. Even without the grunters !!
*Especially without the grunters

Based on what I've seen, if Luton do get promoted we should do to them what Villa did to us for a couple of seasons and see who they're in for, and offer £10k a week more. Their recruitment has been phenomenal!

next year such a good year to avoid championship. Three relegated from premier league , Sunderland, Boro , WBA, Norwich , play off final losers , Stoke, Watford, Swansea etc. Will be strongest championship for years. Even without the grunters !!
That can't be right.....I was told that this season was the weakest ever championship.....but you're saying that next season it will be the strongest for years. 😜

Not being negative but I am realistic to the facts that unfortunately I think Boro will beat us to automatic promotion now 😔

Yes we are 4 points clear with a game in hand but their form and fixtures are way way better than ours with 14 yet to play plus they have the best striker in the Championship with Akpom plus Archer & attacking midfielder’s that also are on fire.

If so I think we will still go up through the playoffs though.

What do other members think? I’m just being realistic taking my blades rose tinted glasses off..
Think there may be space on a bus to Wembley departing from S6 if you’re interested ?
Oh - Boro aren’t even in play offs 😳

We can sign Akpo now

Was thinking about this, he's never been a prolific scorer in his career until hitting a golden patch earlier this season and since reverted to form

Would we really want to pay inflated prices for someone who's done it for slightly over half a season in the champ and never in the prem?

Akpom is a hard pass for me

Based on what I've seen, if Luton do get promoted we should do to them what Villa did to us for a couple of seasons and see who they're in for, and offer £10k a week more. Their recruitment has been phenomenal!
Their head of recruitment analytics is widely known as a massive Blade. You can never really get a full understanding of everyone’s input from the outside but to go from essentially just running a Twitter page sharing thoughts on football data (specifically starting with Sheff Utd focused stuff if I remember rightly) to where he is now is brilliant.

Back
Top Bottom