Norwood's penalty

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Really Happy for Ollie Norwood I have been quick to criticise him but well done Ollie you stood up to be counted when the pressure was really on and delivered 👏👏
He showed massive bottle and character to put that away and I’m really pleased for him. When played in the right way and with the right players around him he is pure quality. I don’t think that the last 18 months have suited him at all which have made him look a lot worse.
With his ability, he should score a lot more goals however, and his free kicks and corners have been dogger for a long time.

Norwood gets alot of undue stick.
Admittedly at this level he can't get away with not being top form, it's the nature of the way he is. He isn't as physical to get away with not being good technically. Otherwise he can look suspect.

However he is probably one of our best midfielders of the past 30-40 years overall.

I reckon when he's finished playing for us and we look back on his time here we might then appreciate him for what he was.

As many have said though he deserves many a drinks just for the way he dispatched that pen.

We've gone a year without any pen and now had 2 in 3 games.

Must confess, I thought he was going to put it at a nice height for the keeper. But, noooooooo...he fkin smashed it. That is how a penalty should be taken, take the keepers head off

Genuinely one of the best pens I've ever seen.

It was hit so hard I had to watch it half a dozen times to work out if it clipped the underside of the bar or not.

Genuinely one of the best pens I've ever seen.

It was hit so hard I had to watch it half a dozen times to work out if it clipped the underside of the bar or not.
He put all the emotion of this season into that. Nobody was stopping it. Prime era Casillas would not have got anywhere near it.

We'll probably still go down, but kudos to Ollie for putting all of our hearts and souls into that. Could not have hit it any harder, or more true. Top, top penalty.

Ollie played very well and gave a captain's performance. He is often played too defensively and we know he that is not his forte, he is a creative midfielder.

Ollie played very well and gave a captain's performance. He is often played too defensively and we know he that is not his forte, he is a creative midfielder.
He didn't. He was absolutely dire yesterday constantly giving the ball away under little pressure.

The bollocks on him to hit it that hard and high with 100 mins on the clock.

Someone get that man a drink.
He's a very brave player and always has been. Both physically, although that not his strength, but more so mentally. Always wants the ball , even when he's playing poorly or when the team is not giving him options. It's basically why he's back in the team

Not his best game, but hats off for taking the pen

Power over skill.

Great pen but he was not good 😂

Back
Top Bottom