Norwood

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

In my opinion Norwood has looked off since first day of the premiership, his passing and general play has not been up to the standard we became use to in the Championship he seems abit light weight and to happy to pass it sideways and back and short, rather than forward thinking creativity, could this be the reason he never made it with his previous teams in the Premiership?
when i first left the ground i was furious with Norwood and almost posted this reactionary content myself. now i’ve calmed down a bit my opinion is that opposition teams are targetting him because he is our fulcrum, our quarterback and sometimes he has noone to pass to.. of course it doesn’t help he was poor by his standards but it’s not entirely his fault
keep the faith

We must be watching different games. I was going to start a thread commending the way he hits a moving ball!

He almost hits moving balls with the precision that Beckham used to hit dead balls. He's a proper footballer. I'm absolutely amazed that he hasn't ever had the chance in Prem, and that he comes in for any criticism from our fans.

I used to praise Duffy for the occasional crossfield ball, pin pointing a player. Norwood is next level at. His passing precision and consistency is unbelievable at times.
Agreed, time for people to get off his back. Utb!

Thought he was the weak link today. When he doesn't have the ball, he may as well not be on the pitch, players glide by him so easily. Weak in the tackle and can't compete with the athleticism of opposition midfielders. I think this is the reason Lundstram is in there, but in my eyes playing a more defensive flat 3 in midfield is not going to see us win enough games this season.

And here they are ,2 out of the first 3 have been dreaming of days like today ,and having got a clue about football.
Norwood was my MOM at Chelsea ( with Stevens) and very good today until the mistake. A bigger mistake on his part was not going through with his inclination to pull the Soton player back and take a yellow.

Norwood is shit at corners. Never beats the first man

ef8.jpg

And here they are ,2 out of the first 3 have been dreaming of days like today ,and having got a clue about football.
At this level you get punished and Norwoods error cost us points today.
Some of his passing was excellent but he will be rembered for losing possession, just as Bash did against Leicester and the ball ends up in the back of the net.
Will be rested next week

Southampton were awful yet they still managed to beat us. Premier league teams punish our mistakes but we don’t seem to be able to do the same to them. We literally dominate games and are clearly the better team but we are not clinical enough. McGoldrick has missed 2 sitters and they have taken there only chance of the game... that is the difference in premier league and we need to get to that level quick or we will be straight back down.

We have played 5 teams so far ,only Leicester have been better.

We've not created as many chances against the other 4 teams, and didn't have to withstand any sustained pressure today. I thought they were lucky today and will lose many games in this league playing like that. It's a really bad loss today, no matter how you dress it up.

In my opinion Norwood has looked off since first day of the premiership, his passing and general play has not been up to the standard we became use to in the Championship he seems abit light weight and to happy to pass it sideways and back and short, rather than forward thinking creativity, could this be the reason he never made it with his previous teams in the Premiership?
Thats why his last 2 teams dumped him after promotion.
Great passer, on his day, other than that not good enough.

Thats why his last 2 teams dumped him after promotion.
Great passer, on his day, other than that not good enough.

Do you guys actually watch the game ,or do just think of some shit to put down to get noticed.

Norwood was my MOM at Chelsea ( with Stevens) and very good today until the mistake. A bigger mistake on his part was not going through with his inclination to pull the Soton player back and take a yellow.
Said exactly the same. Oli or someone close should have taken one for the team.

He never played in the PL really for anyone ..... In my opinion Ricky, if we didn't have Norwood last season we would not have gone up. He was top draw and real class. I've not been upset with him this season (bar his corners) our best midfielder IMO

Southampton were awful yet they still managed to beat us. Premier league teams punish our mistakes but we don’t seem to be able to do the same to them. We literally dominate games and are clearly the better team but we are not clinical enough. McGoldrick has missed 2 sitters and they have taken there only chance of the game... that is the difference in premier league and we need to get to that level quick or we will be straight back down.
Laughable. Southampton weren't awful at all.

How was cliché school ?

Back
Top Bottom