Norwood

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

NickC

Reaction score
In my opinion Norwood has looked off since first day of the premiership, his passing and general play has not been up to the standard we became use to in the Championship he seems abit light weight and to happy to pass it sideways and back and short, rather than forward thinking creativity, could this be the reason he never made it with his previous teams in the Premiership?

Don;t agree with this. Put in a world class free kick today. The problem with Norwood is not when he has the ball, a;though his concentration isn't great and he is prone to the odd sloppy pass. His defending and tracking is often half-arsed and quite often he can't keep up. Not really an athlete.

We must be watching different games. I was going to start a thread commending the way he hits a moving ball!

He almost hits moving balls with the precision that Beckham used to hit dead balls. He's a proper footballer. I'm absolutely amazed that he hasn't ever had the chance in Prem, and that he comes in for any criticism from our fans.

I used to praise Duffy for the occasional crossfield ball, pin pointing a player. Norwood is next level at. His passing precision and consistency is unbelievable at times.

We must be watching different games. I was going to start a thread commending the way he hits a moving ball!

He almost hits moving balls with the precision that Beckham used to hit dead balls. He's a proper footballer. I'm absolutely amazed that he hasn't ever had the chance in Prem, and that he comes in for any criticism from our fans.

I used to praise Duffy for the occasional crossfield ball, pin pointing a player. Norwood is next level at. His passing precision and consistency is unbelievable at times.

But the rest of the time his consistency isn't as good? :D

Norwood has been good but I think we saw today how a premier league holding midfielder can control a game. Romeu was excellent for them took the ball recycled it and tackled where needed. He's one of those players that makes the game look easy as he's always in the right place and does the basics well. For me he was a level above everyone on the pitch.

But the rest of the time his consistency isn't as good? :D

Depends on criteria I guess? He's a creative midfielder sitting back and spraying passes. He's not supposed to play the Kante role.

That's a tactical/managerial decision. Take it up with Wilder.

What he does, he does very well.

He’s started every game slowly which is a pattern.

I agree changing back to a 2-1 in midfield would improve him almost instantly as he’d nearly always have an option straight in front of him. It’s very negative, one of the reasons why we’re not scoring many goals.

Maybe Norwood knows the Premier League is a level too high for him and that is why he has never stayed around at a club at this level.

He's generally been good so far but was always going to cost us on occasions with moments of sloppiness.

In my opinion Norwood has looked off since first day of the premiership, his passing and general play has not been up to the standard we became use to in the Championship he seems abit light weight and to happy to pass it sideways and back and short, rather than forward thinking creativity, could this be the reason he never made it with his previous teams in the Premiership?

I thought he was fantastic apart from the mistake today and has been very good all season.
He’s dictated most games this season like the 2nd half of Chelsea.

Stop scapegoating the players and the team we played well but playing well won’t win us matches like in the championship.

Couldn’t disagree more, think he has been one of our best players.

I thought he was fantastic apart from the mistake today and has been very good all season.
He’s dictated most games this season like the 2nd half of Chelsea.

Stop scapegoating the players and the team we played well but playing well won’t win us matches like in the championship.
Where's this scapegoating the players and team coming from just an opinion and and question sorry if he's your favourite player!

So McGoldrick missing those chances were because we weren’t playing with a number 10?
No. I’m saying we have actual data that, against lesser championship sides, 3-4-1-2 is a much more effective system. Playing well using a flat 3 is irrelevant, because looking at the last 3 years, 3-4-1-2 would have likely yielded a better performance and better result.

Back
Top Bottom