No one leaving, no one coming in?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

There is no one going out
I agree
But it has f all to do with Wilder throwing the towel in
Injuries mean that We do not have sufficient players in our squad to send anyone out on loan other than the youngsters who need development

But if thats actually true, why recall Sam Graham from Notts County, but recall and immediately loan out the most developed and experienced U23 Rhys Norrington-Davies?

But if thats actually true, why recall Sam Graham from Notts County, but recall and immediately loan out the most developed and experienced U23 Rhys Norrington-Davies?
In some weird hissy fit Wilder is trying to stunt players development? Maybe Notts County wasn't right for Graham, for any possible and plausible reason...?!

If everything wasn't boring and bad enough at present, we can't even get excited about the prospect of Morsy, Burn, Ched, Kitson et al coming in this window.

If you had followed him you would realise he was only getting minimal game time at county
He came straight back and captained our under 23 to 4-2 victory

now throw away the keys to your JCB

You're meaning those on loan presumably not perms? Do you think Watford would do a loan for Deeney, as wage wise he's way outside our level?
Yes Bob, 100k a week is £5.2m a year. In theory you could have 2 season long loans on 100k a week each for an outlay of £10.4m. You then spend £8m on a keeper and net net for one season you are no worse off than spending £18m on Ramsdale.

Easy in hindsight I admit and nobody knew how the season would turn out but with that hindsight a Loftus Cheek and Deeney type.loan package and a cheaper keeper may have seen us in a better position.

He has stopped any loans going out and we’re obviously not bringing anyone in, I personally think he’s all but chucked the towel in and is waiting to be sacked......sadly.
I hope I’m wrong, but I’m not seeing a team that’s fighting for their lives, are you?
Broadbent, Belehouan and RND have already proved you wrong.

RND needs game time, Osborn, Stevens and Lowe are all currently ahead of him.

I would argue that RND is better right now than Lowe... and thus should be ahead of him. What I don't understand, is why not recall RND and give him 10+ games in the EPL, that experience alone will help tremendously in his development.

That goes to my next point, we should be looking at recruiting one or two midfield players in this window with the idea that we have a 99% chance of going back down. Give these 1/2 players some PL experience and time to gel with the team before the start of next season. Especially since we all know how fking slow we are to bring players in.

Yes Bob, 100k a week is £5.2m a year. In theory you could have 2 season long loans on 100k a week each for an outlay of £10.4m. You then spend £8m on a keeper and net net for one season you are no worse off than spending £18m on Ramsdale.

Easy in hindsight I admit and nobody knew how the season would turn out but with that hindsight a Loftus Cheek and Deeney type.loan package and a cheaper keeper may have seen us in a better position.
No I got the maths, I just didn't think loaning Deeney was something Watford would consider.
I also don't think we're paying £18m for Ramsdale, as was said at the time this was what was put out mainly to placate Bournemouth fans, however that's not too relevant, what is, is that we're certainly not paying it in a single season.

No I got the maths, I just didn't think loaning Deeney was something Watford would consider.
I also don't think we're paying £18m for Ramsdale, as was said at the time this was what was put out mainly to placate Bournemouth fans, however that's not too relevant, what is, is that we're certainly not paying it in a single season.
Agreed but the point is weve gone for age, potential and resale.value over experience and wages and its failed dismally

Agreed but the point is weve gone for age, potential and resale.value over experience and wages and its failed dismally
I guess that would depend on if you see the end of this season as the end. Again I look at our signings across their contracts to gauge value.
If staying in this league is everything rather than building the entire club to a point where we can compete with those around us, then they 100% got it wrong, but I think Bettis and Wilder are looking more at the latter.

I guess that would depend on if you see the end of this season as the end. Again I look at our signings across their contracts to gauge value.
If staying in this league is everything rather than building the entire club to a point where we can compete with those around us, then they 100% got it wrong, but I think Bettis and Wilder are looking more at the latter.
It looks like they got the balance wrong but it’s the lesser of two evils. If we’d gone for short term fixes like Deeney on loan and it had failed, we’d be back in the championship with few assets. Even if you argue that the value of most of our signings has dropped, they’re still worth something, either as players for us next season or players to sell. It’s shit but it could have been worse.

It looks like they got the balance wrong but it’s the lesser of two evils. If we’d gone for short term fixes like Deeney on loan and it had failed, we’d be back in the championship with few assets. Even if you argue that the value of most of our signings has dropped, they’re still worth something, either as players for us next season or players to sell. It’s shit but it could have been worse.
we needed to go inbetween didnt we couple of promising youngsters combined with a couple of experienced premier league players and the resale value of the younger players was the one we took

I may be nuts and getting over excited at the prospect being able to watch us again, but I'd genuinely look forward to seeing most of our squad going at the Championship and think we'd do really well. We absolutely need a new midfield, but I like the picking up of young unknowns (at least to me) from the EFL and looking to build something better than we have now. There is definitely a core and framework in place that we can look to build from and most of that will remain. We'll also be able to get away tickets which is further reason for cheer.

Who are the players hes stopped from going out on loan ?
I don‘t know, but I’d expect some of the 23’s to be going in January, but he’s said quite clearly nobody’s going out and no one will be coming in.

I suggested that could be because HRH has pulled the plug on any additional finance to bring in loans in January and Widers thought, Right then, if no ones coming in, no ones going out. Bit like he insists on not filling the bench, every match, it all seems to be trying to send a message rather than for tactical reasons?

But it was only my opinion based on what Chris Wilder told Radio Sheffield 🤦🏻

I don‘t know, but I’d expect some of the 23’s to be going in January, but he’s said quite clearly nobody’s going out and no one will be coming in.

I suggested that could be because HRH has pulled the plug on any additional finance to bring in loans in January and Widers thought, Right then, if no ones coming in, no ones going out. Bit like he insists on not filling the bench, every match, it all seems to be trying to send a message rather than for tactical reasons?

I wouldn’t be surprised even with what he’s said to the press if some more of the under 23’s do go out. It’s unlikely wilder micromanages the moves for all the academy sides for example lester is responsible for recruitment for the academy it therefore stands to reason he’s responsible for finding development loans for academy players. Therefore unless it’s a player currently training with the first team it’s likely wilder just rubber stamps any moves and he was probably making reference to the players he has direct control over ie the first team squad.

HRH is busy with his interest in the 49ers and fantasy league, the interest around Lingard looks like he will be off somewhere else.

I have already posted this twice - (3rd time lucky)RND, Broadbent and Belehouan have gone out on loan.

I have already posted this twice - (3rd time lucky)RND, Broadbent and Belehouan have gone out on loan.

None of those players were in our 25 man squad. So, whilst you're right on a technicality - I understand what the guy was saying.

Well yes Eddie, but Broadbent and Belehouan were the last two to go out before the ban.

RND obviously went to Stoke, but of course, as you’ll be aware, he’s with the same agency as Wilder, which may or may not have had an influence on that decision?

Why don’t we wait and see if anyone else goes out before the window closes?

Well yes Eddie, but Broadbent and Belehouan were the last two to go out before the ban.

RND obviously went to Stoke, but of course, as you’ll be aware, he’s with the same agency as Wilder, which may or may not have had an influence on that decision?

Why don’t we wait and see if anyone else goes out before the window closes?
4 days ago it was your opinion going on Wilder's interview. Now you're aware of a ban on young players going out on loan.

As apparently the Prince is now not willing to spend (waste) any more money there will no one coming in on loan or short term contracts.
Is this a reasonable and understandable response?
Why now, assuming, as it has been reported with less than a week to go before the window closes?
Why lead us down the garden path.
As some sensibly posted recently, it’s the hope .... that does you in.
WTF is going on?
Some clarity, honesty and intelligent thinking would not go amiss.

The loans brought in last January weren't used. Fair to say they were unlikely to be players Wilder identified

The players Wilder has brought in himself haven't provided anything like the value for money required, or even competent performance levels for the most

I completely understand (although I'm disappointed) why the board would decide it's not worth it. The recruitment plan is broken and it needs fixing between now and the start of the Championship season

I think CW has known for a little while tbh, he's seemed very frustrated with the transfer situation for a while, evidenced by his reaction to reporters' questions about it and things like leaving gaps on the bench and playing 16 year olds. I still think Chris is going to be the manager next season and I think the Board will have softened the blow of the lack of funds this time round by promising him money for the Summer and a new promotion campaign. At least I hope so, otherwise it's going to be Van Winkel :confused:

As apparently the Prince is now not willing to spend (waste) any more money there will no one coming in on loan or short term contracts.
Is this a reasonable and understandable response?
Why now, assuming, as it has been reported with less than a week to go before the window closes?
Why lead us down the garden path.
As some sensibly posted recently, it’s the hope .... that does you in.
WTF is going on?
Some clarity, honesty and intelligent thinking would not go amiss.
If it's true, we will never become an established Premier League club with that mentality. To give up in January when there is still half a season left is unforgivable imo. What a waste of a season absolute shambles from top to bottom. On the back of a top 10 finish aswell. Unbeliveable. This season we had the opportunity to establish ourselves in the top division and we've blown it. For me it just completely wipes out last season's success.

This is such a non-story, stirring trouble.

We targeted the centre half at Sampdoria. He's now back in favour and has signed a new contract. Nothing we could do about that plus Ampadu seems to be settling down there and noises are positive on JOC despite a slight setback

West Ham have just written off about 25m on one of their recent signings. They are THE club that knows how to waste money. As soon as they became interested in Lingard I'm not surprised we walked away or pulled out of the race, whatever you want to call it.

They'll probably pay his wages in full. A whacking 100k+. They'll pay a decent loan fee as well. They are about 7th.

What a total waste of time it would have been, attempting to convince him he's far better turning out for the team rock bottom and Man U that they are better off sending him somewhere that wants help with wages and a small fee when they can pocket probably 4m in wages and fee.

All this for what? To give the players a boost, save the managers ego?

Let's not be penny wise pound foolish. If we beat Palace and Burnley and if we had been the only team offering, maybe this had some merit.

But pushing for it even now? It's not reasonable and it isn't the fault of the Board.

Time for calm heads. January is a notoriously difficult market. Sat here on 5 points, 12 from safety makes it almost impossible.

Be sensible. That 4m gets some good traction in the summer. Not worth it now. Move on.

If true as many expected then obviously Wilder won't be happy. There may be trouble ahead.....!
Personally I’d wait till the end of Jan to see, and I kind of think it’ll be more likely other factors than a lack of willingness to spend if we don’t get anybody. This article smacks of journalist nonsense to me and is literally followed up by “in other news: Sheffield United prepare bid for striker”

Back
Top Bottom