Nigel..

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Stewy

Reaction score
I don't want Wilder to go , but all I'm seeing is people wanting him to go but not able to back it up with who they want in....as there really is no one out there ..

If he does go.. does anyone think Nigel Pearson ( I know he's a pig and all that ) could galvanize the squad .. ??

Just a suggestion... As I said I'm fully behind Wilder

No.

I thought the thread was going be something along the lines of renaming Chris Wilder to Nigel Wilder, as he seems to have Space Jam’d himself with Nigel Clough the way we’re playing in 2020.

I can see beyond Pearson's SWFC affiliations and agree he is a good manager. He would certainly be high on my list of candidates if we were in that position.....

BUT......

He has always said he will not manage a Sheffield club because he lives here. He enjoys a quiet pint in his local pub (which is also my pub of choice......among others;)) and doesn't want the hassle of fans in his own time. Understandable and probably more frustrating for our feathered cousins than us because he is pretty much their dream manager.

Wilder won’t go and the board won’t sack him and to be honest the vast majority want him to stay

I'm one of them who wants Chris to stay .. my point is those wanting him out , can't give a name of a replacement.. no point in saying wilder out , and not backing it up ... Taught Pearson done well last season gave watford a lift when they looked dead and buried ... Delighted when they sacked him 4 games to go . That they got relagated

keep wilder he deserves a chance next season. If we don't my personal choice would be cooper at Swansea.

Let Wilder take us down then when midway through next season when we are near the bottom get Blackwell in.

I'm one of them who wants Chris to stay .. my point is those wanting him out , can't give a name of a replacement.. no point in saying wilder out , and not backing it up ... Taught Pearson done well last season gave watford a lift when they looked dead and buried ... Delighted when they sacked him 4 games to go . That they got relagated
That’s not a reason to keep a manager

I don't want Wilder to go , but all I'm seeing is people wanting him to go but not able to back it up with who they want in....as there really is no one out there ..

If he does go.. does anyone think Nigel Pearson ( I know he's a pig and all that ) could galvanize the squad .. ??

Would you really want that piece of shit at our club
Hes an arrogant fucking bully

That’s not a reason to keep a manager
That depends. If the reason is because I can’t think of one, it’s not a reason. If it’s because no one better is at all interested in managing us, then it’s a reason. We’re not party to that knowledge, the owners should have some idea, whether they do or not, I don’t know. Sacking Wilder without a succession plan would be very foolish. The board need to be strong now and base their decisions on what they know, not what they think the fans want. The worst thing they can do is pander to a vocal minority because all supporters will claim to want the same thing, Liverpool style football on a Southampton style budget, like the Brighton fans who wanted attractive football and are then surprised it’s no more successful than the safe football played by Hughton.

Most successful managers are. I want a successful manager, not a primary school teacher.

No mate ive already said i dont care if we go down im fully behind Chris..... but for those people who want chris out - WHO do they want in .. im just trowing a suggestion out there to the wilder out brigade ...

Even if we did let Wilder go, he wouldn't be an option.

Hes already said in past he wouldn't manage a team in Sheffield.

Most successful managers are. I want a successful manager, not a primary school teacher.

So is Wilder a primary school teacher ? Klopp looks like one
You think Pearson is a successful manager Really ?
Pearson got sacked at Leicester for bullying
He got sacked at Watford probably for the same sort of thing

Who are all these successful managers that bully their players and staff ?

If you think bullying will get you anywhere in the game today at top level when you are dealing with players on the money they are on especially in the PL you are deluded
Alex Fergusson was the last manager that had any success with those sort of antics the game at top level has changed since then

So is Wilder a primary school teacher ? Klopp looks like one
You think Pearson is a successful manager Really ?
Pearson got sacked at Leicester for bullying
He got sacked at Watford probably for the same sort of thing

Who are all these successful managers that bully their players and staff ?

If you think bullying will get you anywhere in the game today at top level when you are dealing with players on the money they are on especially in the PL you are deluded
Alex Fergusson was the last manager that had any success with those sort of antics the game at top level has changed since then
Klopp’s a fucking shithouse. He tried to dig Des Kelly out the other week and then turned on Wilder. I’ve seen him front up a fourth official like he was going to chin him, the bloke was actually backing off and Klopp kept coming towards him. Mourinho is similar, publicly criticises his players. Even Wilder had enough of Fleck and hooked him in the first half.
I’m not a big fan of Pearson and he comes across as a bit of a prick but I’d sooner have a bit of a prick who can get a team to win games than some nice bloke like Adkins who thought that winning was optional. I’m more interested in the capability of a manager than whether I like them as a person (based on their performance in interviews etc).

There isn’t a replacement at all not a single manager. It would take us back years if we made the silly decisions to sack Wilder. Suck it up lads and lasses take it on the chin we have been in worse positions it’s what being a blade is all about about.

a manager whose record is W0 D2 L13 is very replaceable.

Klopp’s a fucking shithouse. He tried to dig Des Kelly out the other week and then turned on Wilder. I’ve seen him front up a fourth official like he was going to chin him, the bloke was actually backing off and Klopp kept coming towards him. Mourinho is similar, publicly criticises his players. Even Wilder had enough of Fleck and hooked him in the first half.

Criticising players in public is not really bullying is it. It is making them accountable
Wilder did it with Henderson, it worked with him
Pearson does it on the sly young academy players and other staff members IIRC at Leicester
It doesnt exactly help the working environment or foster team spirit which is one of the reasons we have come so far under Wilder. Do you think Pearsons managerial style would work at the Lane ?

Back
Top Bottom