Nicknames for Fans (you do not know)

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I think there is a lot of embellishment with most of the stories on here, including the ones involving you! :) So who told you that you were on this thread, or are you a lurker?
I was given the heads up. Obviously people have nowt better to do with their time. I only dip in and our of face book so won't have time to look at all this shite too!!!

I will throw one in From years ago when I sat on south stand with my family. There was a bloke that shouted OH FOLEY every match. He hated Steve Foley so much so he used to shout it even when he wasnt playing. I happened to point it out to him one day....shut him up. So yes we called him "oh Foley" hes probably eating worms by now, he was getting on a bit back in them days.

I only travel to 4 or 5 games a year and seem to see her every time. Sat along from her at tranmere away a few years ago.
I dont miss many. Only Gillingham and thanks to my Piggy mate I missed Wimbledon because he decided to get married!!!!! I dont count the Mickey mouse knock out cup.....I refuse to go to that shite. Don't agree with it so they can bolocks

Following on from my thread (United u23's v Hull 23's) about the fan that I dubbed Mumbled Man, I got thinking and thought about the number of Blades fans I have sat with in different season ticket seats or seen on trips away from home. It may be at the pub or just in passing that you often see.

I have to be careful as some may be on here. I am sure people have seen me and have a name for me as well (report knob etc) but wondered if other fans have names / nicknames for fans around them or that they see; funny how you often never get their names and can sit with them for years!?

Some may seem nasty but they are not really and no offence really meant. All meant jovially, Care to share anyone else who does this?

Over the years I / my wide / mates have names of fans as follows.....

The Manager - Guy who sits behind me in the stand and is obsessed with tactics, sayign what formation we are playing and discussing subs even after 5 minutes.

Fart Brigade - Guy with silver hair and glasses who always goes away. Few conversations he has had with his party he seems obsessed with real ale and Wetherspoons. Sat behind him at Blackburn and he was breaking wind constantly and grinning. To the point where everyone around him felt sick. Others seems to be as bad but he was head fart henchman. Hence the name.

Lawnmower man - Man who sits near us who seems to be high up in this trade travellling the world selling aformentioned products. Disappears for weeks to the States etc and then pops up again. Nice guy actually.

The twins - Two ahem...twins that go home and away that seem to be continually with each other whether in the pub, on the train or at the game.

Hat w*****r
- Sure she is a nice woman but the one who wears the hat with all the badges. Harsh she got the W. I blame my mate.

Simos mate - Someone who over that season was a Simonsen apologist to the fact it was ridiculous even in the face of error after error.

Scunny lads - Two decent lads who were brothers who used to come from Scunny and sit near us on the Kop for 4 or 5 years. Never got their names. Just knew they came from Scunny.

Annoying face - Always seems to be pop up, grinning. Mid 20's. Does not seem to have any friends or anyone he is with most weeks; just latches on to whoever Got a really silly gurning face and often shouts ridiculous things out. Mainly on away trains or pubs.

Beer Machine - He got this name as he used to go the Beer Engine and come in late but he dubbed it the Beer Machine. Used to always come in late, drunk and talking of strippers. Most of his stories were utter crap.

Will think of some more....

Annoying face might be a guy I went to school with. If so, he's 32 though, not mid twenties. Short, dark hair, about 5 foot 11. Often travels on the blades coach though or at least he used to.

When I was a kid in the 90s and sat on the south stand, we used to sit behind the Beesley's his family at every home game all looked like older, younger or female versions of him and just chanted "Beeesley" throughout the game.

There was also "bollocks United". South stand in the 90s again. Midway through the second half at each home game he'd stand up and shout "Bollocks United" and then march down the steps out of his gangway to the exit.

Also, has anyone seen older version of a guy who looks like this?

Hat woman definitely....don't know her name but years ago we used to walk down London Rd and her and some of her friends used to tag along with us as we'd pub crawl it up town,fannys,moorfoot,pump,etc etc...still see her now and then on Kop.
She's called Sarah

I met her years ago and I still see her at most games although we don't speak.

She's a lovely lass and collects beano annuals when she's not watching United.

Was anybody on here ever a member of the "Fat Branch"? They were seen at many an away game in caps and what have ya emblazoned with the said name on it in the 80's and 90's.

Needless to say,the members of it were fine figures of men...

Before I moved to sit in John Street, there was also "Pieboy" aka "Pugsley" on the Kop - a kid who bore a remarkable resemblance to Pugsley Addams from the Addams Family, who religiously, 5 minutes before the end of the first half, would go and get in the queue for pies for himself and his dad, and Vancouver - not because he was from there, but always wore the same white cap every match.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vancouver_Whitecaps_FC

I know the Fat Branch very well. Most dont go any more but Big John is still a regular.

At this rate everybody who goes to the lane will have been given a nickname by somebody.

There's a bloke who sits on John Street that we've referred to as 'Meatfly' for 30 odd years.

This was the name he used to call Gary Brazil.

"Brazil, thart nowt but a Meatfly!!"

Angry Mates: back of Kop, gangway G. I think they're mates anyway :). Often get into a very angry argument, but not so much since Baxter left us which is a shame as they're bloody entertaining! Think one of them is something to do with shorehamview
Not me, I'm on Row P on the Kop. I'm probably known as Mr. For Fuck's Sake, as I seem to have shouted this a lot over the last few years.

I thought we weren't supposed to be Fannying around
This thread disproves that theory o_O

Just in front off us is "Flashing Blade Matthew"

Not sure if that really qualifies as a nickname, that's more of a job description :)

For many years, and I assume it hasn't changed, he sat next to a mate of his who used to time the halves and became known as Seiko Bob. Bob's exceptionally tall, 6'6"ish and I doubt the person behind on The Kop gets much of a view. He started bringing his young daughter to matches and carried her on his shoulders and I used to think that if he dropped her from that height, the fall would be fatal.

Behind us when we had season tickets in the JSS, we were a row or two in front of Whiner, a grown man who had a really piercing voice and was never happy about anything. He had a mate with no exceptional characteristics who we called Whiner's Mate. I still see him occasionally at away games.

On the same row was a portly, prematurely bald bloke, who always wore a crombie type coat and looked as though he'd clocked off at the undertaker's. He always arrived five minutes late, as if the earlier cremation didn't go as well as expected or the hearse had got caught in traffic. Every time the ref made a contentious decision he'd wave a ten pound note in the air, questioning the official's impartiality. He was known as the Tenner Man (OK, I never promised originality).

What about the 'racist' badge seller that frequents the boozers pre match who advertises his badges by booming "Enoch Powell was right"

Bloke sits at back of me on kop i call him nobhead why because hes a nobhead!!!!

Anyone know Making a Blade? Steven Avery look alike, Gangway E, close to the front of the Kop?

Think I saw the twins biking away on John Street towards BL after the game

Back
Top Bottom