Next seasons derbies

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I don’t get to the Lane much these days so I don’t, will most likely be watching it in the local with the missus.

God help us we have to beat those scoundrels from down the road, nothing makes me more angry than them so it doesn’t.

It’ll be Friday night at the lane and Sunday afternoon or Monday night at their place.

Only one I can remember was a really dull 0-0 draw at Bramall Lane on a Tuesday in January 2002.

Efan Ekoku had a stinker.

Nah, he said midweek. I'd consider that as Tues, Weds, Thurs.

Bobby Davison game was midweek, but can't think of another. Not a league game anyway.

There was a 2-2 draw at the Lane in 2008 that was midweek. James Beattie scored a free-kick after we’d been 2-0 down.

Nah, he said midweek. I'd consider that as Tues, Weds, Thurs.

Bobby Davison game was midweek, but can't think of another. Not a league game anyway.
We had a couple of midweek ones back in the Warnock and Blackwell days. 0-0 and 2-2

You are correct.

I thought that was on a Monday/Friday as well but it was a Tuesday.

Couldn't tell you anything that happened in that game other than being right in the line with Beattie's free-kick on the Kop.

Not sure if it's nostalgia talking but I'd still say he's the best centre forward I've seen at United (been going since 2002/03 when I was about 7/8).

Derbies in 24/25?

Rotherham would have been nice - our most respectable local side.

Leeds will be a good derby clash if they lose today.

Hull hate us but we don't see it as derby.

And that's about it, unless I've missed someone.

Derbies in 24/25?

It’s just a shame that scrambling to a 20th placed finish was enough for promotion to the PL this year.

Oh, wait……..

Derbies in 24/25?

None of those are derbies, just other teams, despite what hype the media try and whip up. Our derby is v the pigs. That’s it.

Deary me, a pig fan starts a thread about the derbies before the season is over (still might be playing Leeds yet)

I know they’re excited about playing their big brothers and all that but still…

Question: Why are pig fans. posting on here instead of their own forum about derbies?

Another question. Now we’ve sunk to almost their level (Championship but not a League One squad like them) if Leeds lose today like they’re currently on course to do, are Leeds not our biggest realistic rivals?

Pigs might share the same city as us, hard as it is to believe, but they are a League One/Championship yo yo club. Unlike us who seem to be a Championship/Premier League yo yo club (unfortunately not yet an established Premier League club)

They’d be better off sticking to similar such clubs as themselves like Rotherham and Barnsley.

Deary me, a pig fan starts a thread about the derbies before the season is over (still might be playing Leeds yet)

I know they’re excited about playing their big brothers and all that but still…

Question: Why are pig fans. posting on here instead of their own forum about derbies?

Another question. Now we’ve sunk to almost their level (Championship but not a League One squad like them) if Leeds lose today like they’re currently on course to do, are Leeds not our biggest realistic rivals?

Pigs might share the same city as us, hard as it is to believe, but they are a League One/Championship yo yo club. Unlike us who seem to be a Championship/Premier League yo yo club (unfortunately not yet an established Premier League club)

They’d be better off sticking to similar such clubs as themselves like Rotherham and Barnsley.
The OP has been fairly sound, but it’s fucking strange posting on your rivals message board

The OP has been fairly sound, but it’s fucking strange posting on your rivals message board
I beg to differ…

“Slag the owner off just like you lot do..easy 6pts rovrum thought that too piggy 🐷

“My age hmmm..but remember Alan biggs crying on radio Sheffield when you pigs 🐖 got relegated to division 4”

“The only climax you see is when you pigs win and not a lot...100 club 🤣🤣🤣

“Get yourself on our board then .obviously you're intellect is far better. 🤣

“See you next season my curly tailed friend”

Not here to cause trouble. Just to chat about football with fans of the opposition in the city nothing more...lt does get tedious and sad when some make references to my mum who sadly died in 2018..but hey ho

Last edited:

It’s been a difficult day today being based near Leeds Bradford airport when Southampton scored it has been thunder and lightning and heavy rain and was a difficult choice to tear off my shirt and go running up and down the street but instead saved it for a Bash style slide in the garden at the final whistle 🥳🥳🥳🙌🙌🙌

Back
Top Bottom