Next manager betting

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

FriethBlade

Reaction score
Heckingbottom is odds on to be our manager on betfair and I've laid him as that's all the other managers at odds against vs him. However, whoever is backing him has come back for more 3 times as I've kept reducing the odds.

Makes me wonder if someone 'knows'

Heckingbottom is odds on to be our manager on betfair and I've laid him as that's all the other managers at odds against vs him. However, whoever is backing him has come back for more 3 times as I've kept reducing the odds.

congrats on the winning bet mate

Don’t betting firms consider 10 competitive games as “Permanent”? Heckingbottom is doing it until the end of the season or so we’ve been told, which will take him past that to 11 or 12. So by their own rules, they’ll have to pay out on him, so thats why people are backing him. Theres always the chance we appoint somebody else early which is why I guess the market is still open.

I'll give you odds of 60000/1 that he's the next manger

Could just be money already waiting to be matched in the market. If you look at the graph you can see what’s already waiting to be matched. Someone’s put an order in at £200 stakes at 1.75, 1.8 and 2. Looks more like someone is planning to trade the market than anything else.

There’s less than a grand matched on the entire market so it’s not going to take a lot to shift the odds.

So if he's not the manager for our first game next season you get odds of 14/1 worth a few quid.

*edit last game of this season.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210331-155630_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20210331-155630_Samsung Internet.jpg
    192.6 KB · Views: 124
Don’t betting firms consider 10 competitive games as “Permanent”? Heckingbottom is doing it until the end of the season or so we’ve been told, which will take him past that to 11 or 12. So by their own rules, they’ll have to pay out on him, so thats why people are backing him. Theres always the chance we appoint somebody else early which is why I guess the market is still open.

I backed him at 5/1 and 7/1 on that basis. Skybet had Tindall at ridiculously short odds-on and seemed to miss all the local journos saying he was only coming as an assistant to Heckingbottom.

I won't get rich if he does see it out, they'd only let me have £25 on...

and he'll/they'll also laying his own back bets to make a guaranteed profit because of the price being driven down. Chill!

and he'll/they'll also laying his own back bets to make a guaranteed profit because of the price being driven down. Chill!
He’ll be hoping the market picks up then. The amount in queued bets is almost as much as the entire market is worth.

Could just be money already waiting to be matched in the market. If you look at the graph you can see what’s already waiting to be matched. Someone’s put an order in at £200 stakes at 1.75, 1.8 and 2. Looks more like someone is planning to trade the market than anything else.

There’s less than a grand matched on the entire market so it’s not going to take a lot to shift the odds.
Theres none waiting to be matched at the minute . Those odds are what I laid him at. I should have read the rules first, didn't realise if he manages us for 10 consecutive league games hes considered the next manager. That's cost me a fair bit of money !

Always gets me this betting on the manager bit

,I mean the odds on favourite to win it is whoever appoints him. ....... ;)

Fuck me, Eddie Howe got a nosebleed when he had to spend five minutes North of Boscombe

How's he gonna cope in Glasgow

10 games class as permanent to the bookies. If we don't appoint a manager before the last game, they have to pay out on Heckingbottom, thus him being favourite.

Yeah we figured that out earlier in the thread

Fuck me, Eddie Howe got a nosebleed when he had to spend five minutes North of Boscombe

How's he gonna cope in Glasgow

He left Burnley because his mum died 👍

Not because he doesn’t like the north

The Celtic fans make me laugh. Both Howe and Wilder are a million times better than Lennon.
Yes, but they didn't want Lennon either
Only Lennon could finish second in a one horse race

Back
Top Bottom