New training pitch

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

they all got their expected income
covid closure meant we lost 60m quid
of expected income due to covid which. would have paid for a. superb academy . but it got put aside until we re balanced our funds
West brom who came down with us also have struggled since relegation

the other club Fulham love. running up debt we can't afford and are charging 100 quid a match ticket for the new stand . Do we want to go that route
How did the Covid closure cost us £60m?

Rather than make stuff up, the logical answer would be that we used our money to buy players for the here and now. That was probably the right thing to do at the time but we just bought the wrong players.

We now don't have the spare cash around to go on and develop a top class facility in the same way that we won't be improving the kop anytime soon.
I don't make stuff up .we lost all our. gate money and a third of our TV income as did all prem teams. but 17 of those. prem teams returned. to the cash font we had to start off loading higher paid players
Had it been a normal year we could have took relegation in our stride but we lost far more than the parachute payments could. cover.
How did the Covid closure cost us £60m?
no gate income 19 x 30000 paying customers and all merchandising lost
and we lost around 45 m in TV income as did all prem teams that season

I don't make stuff up .we lost all our. gate money and a third of our TV income as did all prem teams. but 17 of those. prem teams returned. to the cash font we had to start off loading higher paid players
Had it been a normal year we could have took relegation in our stride but we lost far more than the parachute payments could. cover.

no gate income 19 x 30000 paying customers and all merchandising lost
and we lost around 45 m in TV income as did all prem teams that season
This might be useful, nowhere near the £60m quoted.

Remember that not all clubs were asked to reduce income at the same level, the richer clubs got more money taken away as they had a bigger share of the pie initially (based on popularity and TV games shown).

The biggest single impact on our revenue was the prize money reduction for finishing bottom instead of 9th the previous season. This cost around £22m.

1670405732758.png

so we didn'tose penny in merchandising
didn't lose a seasons private box. drinks and food. shirts. scarves programmes.
18. match. day incomes it claims we lost only 500k a game ....really 30000 x 20 quid is 600k for starters

but the biggest loss was the loss of the fans
our 12th man

seen several charts and no 2 are alike

but if that's near to true. losing 18m puts a. Big dint in forecasts and expenditur for. 3 or 4 seasons

so we didn'tose penny in merchandising
didn't lose a seasons private box. drinks and food. shirts. scarves programmes.
18. match. day incomes it claims we lost only 500k a game ....really 30000 x 20 quid is 600k for starters

but the biggest loss was the loss of the fans
our 12th man

seen several charts and no 2 are alike

but if that's near to true. losing 18m puts a. Big dint in forecasts and expenditur for. 3 or 4 seasons
Merchandising is covered by the Commercial section.

Savings from not having the costs of putting on a football match have to be offset against not having the income from that game. We may have lost £750k per game in ticket revenue but we also saved the stewarding/ticketing/turnstile operator costs. Netting that out at £500k per match is probably about right for us given our complete lack of corporate income.

Merchandising is covered by the Commercial section.

Savings from not having the costs of putting on a football match have to be offset against not having the income from that game. We may have lost £750k per game in ticket revenue but we also saved the stewarding/ticketing/turnstile operator costs. Netting that out at £500k per match is probably about right for us given our complete lack of corporate income.
every box was sold out in the previous season admin costs were clobbered by covid testing costs we paid at much in stewards keeping people out of the ground
lost programme sales. and advertising

every box was sold out in the previous season admin costs were clobbered by covid testing costs we paid at much in stewards keeping people out of the ground
lost programme sales. and advertising
I'll tell you what, I'll go with your calculations instead of someone who is widely recognised for understanding football finance and isn't trying to make up figures to prove a point that he was probably wrong on in the first place but hasn't got the grace to back down on.

As ever, debating with you is pointless, you're right, everyone else is wrong.

I'll tell you what, I'll go with your calculations instead of someone who is widely recognised for understanding football finance and isn't trying to make up figures to prove a point that he was probably wrong on in the first place but hasn't got the grace to back down on.

As ever, debating with you is pointless, you're right, everyone else is wrong.
not claiming to be right or wrong. but we definitely lost. more. than 500k per home game I pointed out that it is 600k for. 20 quid per ticket for a full house and tickets were nearer 30

not claiming to be right or wrong. but we definitely lost. more. than 500k per home game I pointed out that it is 600k for. 20 quid per ticket for a full house and tickets were nearer 30
A search on this fangled internet malarky you can actually look at the United accounts. In 2019-20 it shows that our matchday revenue was £6,669,857. This was actually for 15 matches as 4 were played without crowds due to Covid. For 15 matches that would work out at £444,657 per game. However, we also had 23000 season ticket holders and their revenue (later refunded) would have been included in these figures. But even ignoring this point - as the accounts don't say but lets just helps your argument and say it was accounted for in these numbers - then it works out that the average revenue per fan was actually around £14 each. It just shows the huge numbers of old uns and young uns we have watching.

EDIT - just to add your calculation price for ticket would be way out anyway due to the large number of ST holders. Think tickets averaged £16-18 per game for adult ST holders.

As mentioned by MobileBlade below, concessions and ST holders need to be taken into consideration. Give it up, the numbers don't lie.

A search on this fangled internet malarky you can actually look at the United accounts. In 2019-20 it shows that our matchday revenue was £6,669,857. This was actually for 15 matches as 4 were played without crowds due to Covid. For 15 matches that would work out at £444,657 per game. However, we also had 23000 season ticket holders and their revenue (later refunded) would have been included in these figures. But even ignoring this point - as the accounts don't say but lets just helps your argument and say it was accounted for in these numbers - then it works out that the average revenue per fan was actually around £14 each. It just shows the huge numbers of old uns and young uns we have watching.

EDIT - just to add your calculation price for ticket would be way out anyway due to the large number of ST holders. Think tickets averaged £16-18 per game for adult ST holders.
according to the. star the average ST price that. season was 458. quid as they are. reduced prices as pay on the day was dearer if you. multiply it. by 30k it gives. you a figure of ........13.7 m. based on the average price
Screenshot_20221207-164354_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
according to the. star the average ST price that. season was 458. quid as they are. reduced prices as pay on the day was dearer if you. multiply it. by 30k it gives. you a figure of ........13.7 m. based on the average price
View attachment 148899
I’d imagine that’s the average for a full price adult ticket and isn’t adjusted for concessions. Kids are £60ish, there are plenty of them around. Over 60’s are £250 ish in the SS, plenty of them as well.

View attachment 148899
I'm not even going in to "according to the star"😂

What you're saying, is that the published accounts are wrong, but your back of a fag packet calculation is right? Best let you do the accounts in the future then hadn't we ?

View attachment 148899
OK. Deep breaths. Will not say anything about using the Star as a source of information. But that was based on this article:

That shows that cheapest adult ticket was £402.50 and the most expensive was £513.50. Cheapest being the Kop, most expensive being the South Stand. By coincidence, £458 is bang in the middle so what they are showing is not the average season ticket price! Also, 23000 season ticket holders at £458 is £10.5 million - looks like McCabes settee is back!

The reality was that the vast majority of our season ticket holders that season bought on the early bird (with a load immediately after the Ipswich game which caused such a stampede that it crashed the website). The adult price ticket for the kop was £291 for the season - or a tadge over £15 a game.

So now do your own maths and stop digging your hole and just accept the published figures and stop using the Star.

I’d imagine that’s the average for a full price adult ticket and isn’t adjusted for concessions. Kids are £60ish, there are plenty of them around. Over 60’s are £250 ish in the SS, plenty of them as well.
and yours doesn't allow. for those. paying for match day tickets. which were dearer
. not that many children go

and yours doesn't allow. for those. paying for match day tickets. which were dearer
. not that many children go
Mine are based on the ACTUAL revenues from the accounts. The Swiss Ramble used these as his basis for calculations.

Admit you’re taking bollocks and move on.

Mine are based on the ACTUAL revenues from the accounts. The Swiss Ramble used these as his basis for calculations.

Admit you’re taking bollocks and move on.
so there were no match day tickets I'm talking rubbish. funny cos I bought one for 40 quid on a. visit home

so there were no match day tickets I'm talking rubbish. funny cos I bought one for 40 quid on a. visit home
Read it slowly, it’s based on actual numbers in the annual accounts and is from this article in The Athletic (behind a paywall) and is what sane people are basing their Matchday receipt numbers on:

Where United really were hit hard was on match-day revenue, which collapsed to just £57,609 as a consequence of the pandemic. Just one game all season — the final-day win over Burnley last May — was played in front of supporters at Bramall Lane, and even then continuing restrictions meant only 2,000 to 3,000 people could attend.

Contrast this with the £6.7 million United banked from fans coming through the turnstiles in 2019-20, when only four league games and the FA Cup quarter-final against Arsenal were played behind closed doors because of COVID-19. In the 2018-19 Championship promotion season, the club’s match-day income stood at £5.8 million.

It really doesn’t matter what you pretend the gate receipts were or should be, this is what they are.

Now please, stop talking crap and give it up as a bad job.

Anybody know what we are moaning about next? Is it pillars on kop, state of bogs or lack of crowd noise?
My top personal moans are as follows.

1: People sitting on the bloody stairs at the back of the kop.

2: People moaning when I arrive late and make them get up so I can get to me seat.

3: The urinals can easily accommodate 5 gents yet at times we have 3 all spread eagle...are they ashamed?

Annoying.

Feel better now.

Read it slowly, it’s based on actual numbers in the annual accounts and is from this article in The Athletic (behind a paywall) and is what sane people are basing their Matchday receipt numbers on:

Where United really were hit hard was on match-day revenue, which collapsed to just £57,609 as a consequence of the pandemic. Just one game all season — the final-day win over Burnley last May — was played in front of supporters at Bramall Lane, and even then continuing restrictions meant only 2,000 to 3,000 people could attend.

Contrast this with the £6.7 million United banked from fans coming through the turnstiles in 2019-20, when only four league games and the FA Cup quarter-final against Arsenal were played behind closed doors because of COVID-19. In the 2018-19 Championship promotion season, the club’s match-day income stood at £5.8 million.

It really doesn’t matter what you pretend the gate receipts were or should be, this is what they are.

Now please, stop talking crap and give it up as a bad job.
and when did annual accounts ever. not holdback some money when they knew the next years accounts would be lowered.
figures can be manipulated within the law to smooth out. some. bumps zhead

and when did annual accounts ever. not holdback some money when they knew the next years accounts would be lowered.
figures can be manipulated within the law to smooth out. some. bumps zhead
Today we’ve gone from:

- You citing Birmingham and Coventry as good reference points.

To…..

- You going on about Covid taking £60m away from our revenue.

To….:

- You asserting that your back of fag packet estimates on gate receipts are more accurate than those reported in the accounts.

To…..

- Accounts are wrong anyway.

Yet you keep going. It’s an absolute waste of time trying to converse with you.

I am only forwarding reasons we haven't forged ahead already with the academy .... even at. just 19m loss due to covid its enough if a reason to have put it on the back burner till we adjusted which is all I'm saying

exact figures don't really matter

I am only forwarding reasons we haven't forged ahead already with the academy .... even at. just 19m loss due to covid its enough if a reason to have put it on the back burner till we adjusted which is all I'm saying

exact figures don't really matter
Fair enough, I’m sure there are plenty of reasons, lack of finances will be one of them.

Back
Top Bottom