New training pitch

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Anybody know what we are moaning about next? Is it pillars on kop, state of bogs or lack of crowd noise?
"A" training pitch is hardly the same as a category 1 set up. The levels we need to get to compared to currently are miles away still

"A" training pitch is hardly the same as a category 1 set up. The levels we need to get to compared to currently are miles away still
Yeah the club know this though, the plan remains in place to not only improve Shirecliffe in the short-term but also build a brand new training ground elsewhere in the city. Shirecliffe will then attain category 1 academy status by being solely for the academy players.

Be interesting to see if there is a positive effect on the injury front over the next 12 months (particularly hamstrings).

Can only be a good thing replicating set plays and patterns of play on the same pitch, same surface and same dimensions.

theres not many prem regulars with a complex like man citys or top european clubs either

theres not many championship team that can boast a new training pitch

Have we done lack of diversity on the Kop yet?
Can’t believe binaries don’t have their own sausage roll ovens

(I don’t even understand what I’ve just typed tbh)

Attachments

• 9D9208AE-FA00-494D-B63B-A6401B361095.jpeg
    9D9208AE-FA00-494D-B63B-A6401B361095.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 49
Very nice!
Nice one HRH and Becky!
What's the pigs equivalent? A training pitch similar to cleggy beach?

theres not many prem regulars with a complex like man citys or top european clubs either

theres not many championship team that can boast a new training pitch
Every single category 1 is miles ahead of us. This is Reading's set up and it's been downgraded to cat 2

images.jpgScreenshot-2020-02-11-at-16.30.52-768x760.png

we are where we are , we had several years of tugging ownership of the club and are finally getting a grip on improvements

I, for one, am bitterly disappointed.

This video is nothing but a poor imitation of the Bramall Lane Desso pitch video saga.

Eleven weeks of updates. Highs. Lows. Tractors. All culminating the crowning glory of a new, state-of-the-art, superlative Desso pitch.

How fickle you all are.

View attachment 148770View attachment 148771

we are where we are , we had several years of tugging ownership of the club and are finally getting a grip on improvements
I would rather our 1st team to be in the PL rather than have a category 1 Academy. There are 5 current PL clubs that don't have category 1 Academy. There are 9 clubs not in the PL that have a Category 1 Academy and a few of them haven't been in the PL for a good few years. A Derby fan boasted to me the other day that Derby have nurtured many players from the Academy but I shut him up BT saying "it is a pity that Derby's 1st team haven’t played in the PL for many years and their last season in the PL was a big embarrassment!"

Every single category 1 is miles ahead of us. This is Reading's set up and it's been downgraded to cat 2

Downgrading to cat 2 doesn't normally effect facilities (once you have them you may aswell keep them) - but it can save you £millions per year in reduced staffing costs. There's a huge staff requirement difference between cat 1 & cat 2.

Cat 1 academy = elite status
When people argue about who are the bigger clubs and what criteria should decide that ,this is the only true real indicator of who the big boys are nowadays

^it is indicative of the PH philosophy regarding injuries caused by poor training facilities. Last I heard, the costs for new training pitches came form the PH player budget?
I'm also impressed by Glyn Hodges left foot comments on the same subject.

Can’t believe binaries don’t have their own sausage roll ovens

(I don’t even understand what I’ve just typed tbh)
When there’s piss on the floor, they’ll only be blaming one group though. Outrageous

Stoke City bought the old Michelin sports ground quite close to the Britannia Stadium and have extended it, I think they have six full size pitches. I’m surprised we only have one, at least that’s what the pictures show, is that correct?

Stoke City bought the old Michelin sports ground quite close to the Britannia Stadium and have extended it, I think they have six full size pitches. I’m surprised we only have one, at least that’s what the pictures show, is that correct?
2 pitches on the top section (normally used by the academy for training/games

1 on the middle bit (where the new video shows) - used by the 1st team

1 full size 4G pitch down the bottom
Indoor 4G (not quite full size)

Only the pitch middle pitch has been upgraded. It did used to be 2 pitched laid out the opposite direction, why they've changed the direction of the pitch and only have 1 now I've no idea..

2 pitches on the top section (normally used by the academy for training/games

1 on the middle bit (where the new video shows) - used by the 1st team

1 full size 4G pitch down the bottom
Indoor 4G (not quite full size)

Only the pitch middle pitch has been upgraded. It did used to be 2 pitched laid out the opposite direction, why they've changed the direction of the pitch and only have 1 now I've no idea..
We've got two pitches but how we have configured the undersoil heating is that we can have full UEFA size, we can have bigger than Bramall Lane. We didn't have enough money to have every bit of it undersoil heating, we have been clever with how we have figured that out and we have joined that up.
To get a full pitch we would have to go across the way but then you can have as big as you want. For us and the practicalities of training we wanted two pitches. So one full size, virtually, not quite as big as Bramall Lane and a three-quarter one but at least then we have four penalty areas, which is important just for the flow of training. It suits us better to have four.

All I can say is ,and I've used the facilities many times ,it's actually a very good training ground ,yes the top building could be better ,bottom building is quality but Ive no idea why people think it's sub standard .we've now a 1 3)4. Quality Desso , full sized 4 g a half sized 4 g indoor ,and the two top pitches which are good . Alot of the requirements for cat 1 are staffing levels .
We have to cut our cloth .utb

Back
Top Bottom