New keeper is shit

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Problem is the midfield. Has been for a long long time. We are like statues in there when and the defence (which doesn't help itself at times) are left wide open. Get strong mobile players in the middle and then the jury is out on the back lads. As for the keeper, may be he could have done better for the first game, but fuck me he's not even had a training session yet. Give the lad a chance. There are some right imbeciles who support us.

Too early to slag him off, but it's a shame he didn't show any real positives. Hopefully with a bit of time with the squad his positioning will be better but now we're out of the cup we've only got the option of either not playing him, or chucking him into a league game and if not immediately, when do you make the change as Wes isn't going to get any better or worse.

He’s big
Sorry but it has to be said, too slow, clumsy, and not committing himself when needed.
Luckily we played a Premier league team in the FA Cup. So if he didn’t know already, he now knows what we’re up against.

Let me edit this whole thread for you....

The keeper needs a little time to get back up to speed and full match fitness, he has had quite a while as second choice after all.

That said, he hasn't been helped today by our usual kamikaze defending. We look like clumsy, headless chickens at times and way out of our depth. Without disciplined defending in front of him, he is somewhat of a sitting duck and open to criticism.... even if it isn't necessarily his fault.

I really hope he doesn't gain the nickname Garbage..

Already claimed by a few on the Kop, including me.

What was the point in getting a new keeper exactly? 5 goals let in on his debut and he saved 1 shot. He should have saved most of them goals today, he was so slow to react.

He seems like a Wes clone being honest. He even does the stupid "I'm an outfield player really" manoeuvres.

Let me edit this whole thread for you....

The keeper needs a little time to get back up to speed and full match fitness, he has had quite a while as second choice after all.

That said, he hasn't been helped today by our usual kamikaze defending. We look like clumsy, headless chickens at times and way out of our depth. Without disciplined defending in front of him, he is somewhat of a sitting duck and open to criticism.... even if it isn't necessarily his fault.
Nice to read a mature, sensible post. Shame posts like this are in the minority.

Wes has been erratic, but any keeper with our defence in front of them and midfield too for the most part is going to be exposed time and again. Stick with Wes for the time being.

I don't know if some fans have just got used to getting spanked by 5 or more goals now that it simply isn't outrageous to concede 5 goals.

Let's not forget they had an offside goal too, which was his first test and he really should have saved that too.

I think people are getting on his case already, because it is quite fucking obvious what we just saw.

should fans give him more time : Yes

Has he done enough to show he should be starting a premier league game : No

I think that's a fair and reasonable opinion.
Dunno how that's relevant to my post but fair enough

Already claimed by a few on the Kop, including me.

What was the point in getting a new keeper exactly? 5 goals let in on his debut and he saved 1 shot. He should have saved most of them goals today, he was so slow to react.

He seems like a Wes clone being honest. He even does the stupid "I'm an outfield player really" manoeuvres.

Well I hope I don't ever have to sit next to you, as obviously you lack commin sense.

As much as it’s one game and all that, I agree with the OP somewhat. It wasn’t just the goals that I’m judging this on, he looked like he had lead in his boots (and gloves) very slow and didn’t look like the most agile/athletic.
But… Wilder insists they’ve ‘done their homework’ on this one (scouted him then presumably 🤣) so let’s give him a run of games.
He’ll either come good or we’ve spent 2mil and are no closer to addressing our GK problem 🤷‍♂️

If Wes is the answer, then you're asking the wrong question.

This guy has had one game FFS and he gets a thread like this? Yeah welcome to the club mate, our fans are some of the very best.

Poor, poor thread. Pathetic.

Newbury, has he done anything today that Wes can’t? I don’t know why people pussy foot around new signings, especially when he’s evidently been bad
Yes. He can pass out and distribute the ball, without needing two minutes to think about it and 5 touches.

Look he was second choice for one of the best sides in Europe and has played for nation that has finished se and and third I'm tje last 2 world cups. So he definitely isn't shite.

He's got the stature but hasn't played much in the last 12 months so let's give him time

Back
Top Bottom