New keeper is shit

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

It doesn’t “have to be said”, except by idiots who would write a player off after one game.
Newbury, has he done anything today that Wes can’t? I don’t know why people pussy foot around new signings, especially when he’s evidently been bad

He got announced yesterday. He's had no training session with us, no coaching from us, little idea on how we play and not played first team football for a long time. First goal was a belter of a top bins following poor defending. Two penalties from a very experienced taker. 4th goal was a well placed shot with his vision hindered by the players in front of him. Give the lad some bloody time mate. To call him shit straight away is nonsense.

Newbury, has he done anything today that Wes can’t? I don’t know why people pussy foot around new signings, especially when he’s evidently been bad
All about opinions mate, but 1st was a worldie, 2 pens and a decent effort given time to pick his spot by a mannequin defence

More concerned about Bogle tbh, 2 pens given away, looks poor and low on conference

FFS - just let a 5th went through his arm, fuckin useless, get Jags in goyl next match😂

Seriously give him time, not sure I’d have thrown him in without any time wi lads

He was following the ball close on the first, which was awesome strike
2 penalties
4th was kinda defence to blame?
He partly hit the ball on the 5th

I'm not writing him off yet..

Yeah he should have saved last one but apart from that what else did he do that was that bad. I wouldn’t ever start Wes again he’s cost us so many points this season imo

He got announced yesterday. He's had no training session with us, no coaching from us, little idea on how we play and not played first team football for a long time. First goal was a belter of a top bins following poor defending. Two penalties from a very experienced taker. 4th goal was a well placed shot with his vision hindered by the players in front of him. Give the lad some bloody time mate. To call him shit straight away is nonsense.
I get that he hasn’t had any coaching sessions, but surely he isn’t confused about whether he should be stopping the ball hitting the back of the net or not. If he requires that level of instruction, we are in a pickle.

Sorry but it has to be said, too slow, clumsy, and not committing himself when needed.
Not a great debut ... reminds me a bit of Robin Olsen. He should have saved the 5th, can't really blame him for the others, a world class keeper might save the two shots from out side the box but they were good strikes.

He also seemed to be rooted to his line for crosses and pretty poor with the ball at his feet. Wes should play Tuesday imo

No point in getting in poor lads back after 1 game but that’s a very poor debut obviously however there’s far bigger issues than him in front of him
Honestly put Becker or Ederson in that game and it finishes 2-4, them saving the last

Is he the long term solution? I don’t know

But Wes has been far too comfortable with (may as well be Warwick) Davies as no2, a bit of competition will make him better or Ivo can have a crack

Back
Top Bottom