New entrance music

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Haha, the two neanderthals on the concourse nearly made me regret the decision to bring her at all.

I don't know who is selling these twats tickets on the family stand but there needs to be some sort of quality control. Two men in their 50s, in groups of other like minded individuals, threatening and having to be separated by stewards whilst families are stood around was just embarrassing. You know the type... goggles on the hood of the coat etc.

Go sit on the kop or something if you're gonna act like that, not the bloody family stand.
Sadly it happens all over country-
Bairns left unsupervised & up to ‘mischief the moment mam & dad gone for a piss

It was only recently I realised, well a couple of years ago or so, that Kasabian was the middle name of one of the camp followers of the Helter Skelter family and took part in some of their horrific crimes.
It put me off them, it really did.
Was that afore or after Meighan was kicking the shit out of his partner?🤔

I've always had a soft spot for "The Sun has got his hat on" personally.
It's one of those jaunty little numbers you can sing along too..... :rolleyes:

Failing that how about-

"I get knocked down, but I get up again"

I think we really should choose something Serbian to honour Slaviša. Here's one of the most famous Serbian songs of all time, about a man who suspects Ricky Martin is trying to steal his wife so he goes looking for him with some of his Serbian military buddies. A real love song if ever I've heard one...

Frankie Goes to Hollywood

Two Tribes.

Full volume, withe the siren belting out whilst they are still in the tunnel.

Ebenezer Goode by the Shamen, why not, theres been a load of other ridiculous ideas!?

Thought Star Wars was a bit weird but I think Sinclair generally does a reasonable job of choosing lively, dramatic opening tracks that fit with the occasion. Can't say I'm disappointed with the lack of Sheffield bands from 40 years ago or Wednesdayites either, and I love Joe Cocker and Jarvis too but it's hardly music to excite a crowd.

Last edited:
I think we really should choose something Serbian to honour Slaviša. Here's one of the most famous Serbian songs of all time, about a man who suspects Ricky Martin is trying to steal his wife so he goes looking for him with some of his Serbian military buddies. A real love song if ever I've heard one...

And the winner is.....

This ditty was the walk out tune in the early 70’s or was played just before kick off. ( can’t rightly recall)

Maybe not the Bill Oddie version though.

It was a military brass band rendition, if I remember correctly...

It was only recently I realised, well a couple of years ago or so, that Kasabian was the middle name of one of the camp followers of the Helter Skelter family and took part in some of their horrific crimes.
It put me off them, it really did.
I assume you know about Joy Division and Spandau Ballet...

Should always be
Rose garden by
Lynn Anderson.
That song was the blades at their best.
Man City have blue moon etc , brummies have the partizan song but Rose garden pumped up is the blades.
i must be round about the same age as you derby and will always love rose garden for 1971 but the one i would go back to is 'united' by judas priest stirs the emotions up

Should always be
Rose garden by
Lynn Anderson.
That song was the blades at their best.
Man City have blue moon etc , brummies have the partizan song but Rose garden pumped up is the blades.
..except when we playHull City !

Photograph by Def Leppard. Not my taste but the intro at full volume and with obvious connections.
I think its crazy we don't use more Def Leppard songs.
One of the biggest bands in the world for quite a while, and unlike some other celebrity fans Joe genuinely gives a shit about us.
I'm a huge DL fan and I get that some people aren't but there's at least 5 that would make excellent walkout songs, and far more fitting than the radom shit we dig out.

Frankie Goes to Hollywood

Two Tribes.

Full volume, withe the siren belting out whilst they are still in the tunnel.
I've always wanted this for an entrance tune at Bramall Lane. The build up is right and you can imagine the players coming out as the main riff kicks in. Quality tune!

I've always wanted this for an entrance tune at Bramall Lane. The build up is right and you can imagine the players coming out as the main riff kicks in. Quality tune!

Wouldn't we be setting ourselves up for a draw though?

Back
Top Bottom