New entrance music

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Haha, the two neanderthals on the concourse nearly made me regret the decision to bring her at all.

I don't know who is selling these twats tickets on the family stand but there needs to be some sort of quality control. Two men in their 50s, in groups of other like minded individuals, threatening and having to be separated by stewards whilst families are stood around was just embarrassing. You know the type... goggles on the hood of the coat etc.

Go sit on the kop or something if you're gonna act like that, not the bloody family stand.
Was that at the end of the game?

I think we have chopped and changed too much the intro music.

Most clubs have a 'song' whether it be one with a connection to the club/local area or just something they played and have stuck with.

I think of Newcastle with Local Hero (Mark Knopfler) or Man Utd with This is the One (Stone Roses) or Everton with Z Cars. Even Wednesday with Waterfront, Palace with Glad all over and Forest with Born Slippy.

Not sure I love all of those but you know when you hear them it makes you think of that club.

I know Liverpool have Never Walk Alone, City Blue Moon and West Ham with Forever Blowing Bubbles as they come out. I do like the GCB song on kick off though so not advocating that being played as we come on although not sure Sinclair needs to play the opening bars really...just let the fans sing it?

Rather than go from Sham 69 to Star Wars to Kasabian and a host of others I wish we had just had 'a' song and stuck to it. Something timeless that was 'our song (not Taylor Swift)

I have said this before but I also think Sinclair or United miss a trick before kick off. At other grounds teams play songs synonymous with the city/team and get the crowd pumped up with music set to old goals in big screens in the build up. We should be playing a montage of Rose Garden, Def Leppard, Human League, Beautiful South/Housemartins even Artic Monkeys/Pulp (although have Wednesday allegiances so maybe not) etc.

Also annoys me we don't have a victory song as the American sports fans call it. Happy Hour by the Housemartins or Old Red Eyes is Back by Beautiful South are perfect to be played on FT as the players take acclaim after a win.

I do recall when Joe Cocker died a few years ago them playing 'With a little help from my friends' as we came out for a game. I know it was a tribute to him but I thought it was great.

Maybe we need something uplifting and motivating I agree and the new song is decent but has no links to United or the city. I am not a huge fan of Def Leppard but surely there is something we could have used from their catalogue?

Probably too late now and we just will keep rotating to whatever Mr Sinclair fancies every season or so. I would say get the fans involved in a vote but equally I'd be concerned how that would turn out!

Adverts over the tannoy..........fuckin annoying.

Get them speakers fixed on the KOP or i will bring a catapult and ball bearings and destroy the fuckers for good.

Most clubs have a 'song' whether it be one with a connection to the club/local area or just something they played and have stuck with.

I think of Newcastle with Local Hero (Mark Knopfler) or Man Utd with This is the One (Stone Roses) or Everton with Z Cars. Even Wednesday with Waterfront, Palace with Glad all over and Forest with Born Slippy.

Not sure I love all of those but you know when you hear them it makes you think of that club.

I know Liverpool have Never Walk Alone, City Blue Moon and West Ham with Forever Blowing Bubbles as they come out. I do like the GCB song on kick off though so not advocating that being played as we come on although not sure Sinclair needs to play the opening bars really...just let the fans sing it?

Rather than go from Sham 69 to Star Wars to Kasabian and a host of others I wish we had just had 'a' song and stuck to it. Something timeless that was 'our song (not Taylor Swift)

I have said this before but I also think Sinclair or United miss a trick before kick off. At other grounds teams play songs synonymous with the city/team and get the crowd pumped up with music set to old goals in big screens in the build up. We should be playing a montage of Rose Garden, Def Leppard, Human League, Beautiful South/Housemartins even Artic Monkeys/Pulp (although have Wednesday allegiances so maybe not) etc.

Also annoys me we don't have a victory song as the American sports fans call it. Happy Hour by the Housemartins or Old Red Eyes is Back by Beautiful South are perfect to be played on FT as the players take acclaim after a win.

I do recall when Joe Cocker died a few years ago them playing 'With a little help from my friends' as we came out for a game. I know it was a tribute to him but I thought it was great.

Maybe we need something uplifting and motivating I agree and the new song is decent but has no links to United or the city. I am not a huge fan of Def Leppard but surely there is something we could have used from their catalogue?

Probably too late now and we just will keep rotating to whatever Mr Sinclair fancies every season or so. I would say get the fans involved in a vote but equally I'd be concerned how that would turn out!
With the Kasabian one, Wilder said that the players voted for it.

I agree though, something linked to the club would be good.

Do you have this rant saved in your notes or somewhere?

Mind you, it says a lot about Sinclair’s ineptitude that you have to keep repeating it every year or two. And I agree with it all - just pick something and stick with it.

Surprised they didn’t go back to Club Foot if the shooting on Saturday is anything to go by.

Think they should have stuck with Comeback kid. The sentiment makes sense with the situation we find ourselves in. The first chords of comeback kid just fit for a walk out song.

And I’ve got to admit even though it’s a little bit Americanised I couldn’t help but enjoy “all of the lights”, when we were playing in the big boy league.

Think they should have stuck with Comeback kid. The sentiment makes sense with the situation we find ourselves in. The first chords of comeback kid just fit for a walk out song.

And I’ve got to admit even though it’s a little bit Americanised I couldn’t help but enjoy “all of the lights”, when we were playing in the big boy league.
Agreed. Decent intro. If I was Sinclair I'd play "United" by Judas Priest five minutes before the teams come out to get the atmosphere going and reminds me of Bassetts heroic days, then when the teams come out it's got to be Thunderstruck by ACDC, but knowing ACDC they'll probably charge £10,000 each time we play it, in which case go for "Enter Sandman" if that's feasible or something equally rocking in conjunction to lights flashing, flairs going off, rockets, mosh pits in the Kop and massive Blades flags in the Kop naturally - Bundesliga style! The opposite of playing Star Wars essentially which is probably the worst tune we've ever come out to!

Speaking of the Bundesliga I've never figured out how the Germans - known for their serious nature/straight laced and conservative nature turn into animals produce such amazing atmosphere's at football games.

I'd just love to know how people think Mr Sinclair plays the music while he's down on the pitch not near any device that is used to play music 🤔

I'd just love to know how people think Mr Sinclair plays the music while he's down on the pitch not near any device that is used to play music 🤔
I'd like to know why John Garrett is stood near the tunnel on the touchline before kick off.

Admittedly he's the club historian, a great guy, I like him. But what's he doing there.

He comes out looking like he's just had a five course meal and needs the toilet, but he went through the wrong door and nearly ended up on the pitch 😆

That is funny, unfortunately the truth is nowhere near as, he’s looking after the mascots, making sure they get back to their parents after the teams have walked out, I think he needs to change it round a bit, drag some of the players off instead and keep the mascots on the pitch to make up the starting 11,
I'd like to know why John Garrett is stood near the tunnel on the touchline before kick off.

Admittedly he's the club historian, a great guy, I like him. But what's he doing there.

He comes out looking like he's just had a five course meal and needs the toilet, but he went through the wrong door and nearly ended up on the pitch 😆

The opening bars are done specifically for one reason. As you may be aware, at away matches its really hard to get the whole stand to sing the GCB in unison. This isn't just limited to drunk blades fans either. Its been proven that a large crowd can not sing on time together and certain sections will sing quicker/slower.

Therefore if you play the opening bars to a song, you can have the whole crowd singing in unison rather than it sounding like a crap school Christmas concert.

Therefore if you play the opening bars to a song, you can have the whole crowd singing in unison rather than it sounding like a crap school Christmas concert.

and yet it still fails and some areas go too fast or slow. It's most noticeable at the end with the "oooh" as you'll hear another a second or so behind.

This ditty was the walk out tune in the early 70’s or was played just before kick off. ( can’t rightly recall)

Maybe not the Bill Oddie version though.

Back
Top Bottom