New deal for Wallace

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

He's been playing at an acceptable level but in no way should that deserve a deal until 2018.

It's this sort of knee-jerkism that has helped accumulate such a dire squad.

Yet another mistake by Adkins.

He's been playing at an acceptable level but in no way should that deserve a deal until 2018.

It's a 2 year deal for a lad that's shown some promise and is still a youngster.
Get over yersen

It's a 2 year deal for a lad that's shown some promise and is still a youngster.
Get over yersen
Bet you were saying that when Clough was signing players on 3 and 4 year deals left, right and centre weren't you?

Are you suggesting one year contracts then because they're rally going to work aren't they. The players will be full of confidence and totally committed to the cause, that's if they are willing to sign a one year in the first place (this is their job and they do have families and lives remember).

Keep trolling pig.

Will have to agree to differ on this, Barny.

Reckon Wallace has been consistently good this season & now forms part of that core of young players - Reedy, Adams, himself, George(?) - that we need as an integral part of the squad going forward.

The main problem is it's a pretty small group, that needs expanding at the expense of older, wearier players. Wallace warrants his place in it though; the extended contract's no risk.

Are you suggesting one year contracts then because they're rally going to work aren't they. The players will be full of confidence and totally committed to the cause, that's if they are willing to sign a one year in the first place (this is their job and they do have families and lives remember).

Keep trolling pig.
They'd actually be inclined to work harder, to earn themselves an extension through the correct procedure and not a 2 year knee-jerk of a contract after a few games at an acceptable level.

Bet you were saying that when Clough was signing players on 3 and 4 year deals left, right and centre weren't you?

Nope - which players btw did he sign on 3 and 4 years?
Most of them were a 2 year deal with an optional third

None of the younger players have done enough to suggest they'll be an 'integral' part of the squad moving forward.

Wallace isn't a high risk player to give a new contract to but he's hardly done enough to make himself hot property and there's no way he would've rejected a contract until 2017. And to say players will be less committed on shorter contracts is ridiculous - unless they don't want another contract of course. Players on longer contracts are more likely to get into a comfort zone.

Even more fitting then. How many of those are we struggling to get rid?
There's your answer.
Most of them end next Summer so that's not 3-4 years, is it?
Your answer was a combination of misinformation and unsubstantiated mathematics
In other words - a load of bollocks

K-Wall has deserved a new contract and is the sort of player we should be encouraging for the next 2 years.
That's not to say that we shouldn't be looking to offload the crocks - but K-Wall is not one of those.

Will have to agree to differ on this, Barny.

Reckon Wallace has been consistently good this season & now forms part of that core of young players - Reedy, Adams, himself, George(?) - that we need as an integral part of the squad going forward.

The main problem is it's a pretty small group, that needs expanding at the expense of older, wearier players. Wallace warrants his place in it though; the extended contract's no risk.
The problem is when we actually stop deluding ourselves, Adams aside, that core of young players really isn't that promising a bunch of players is it. George Long: couldn't catch a cold. Reed: strength of a roman warrior, and doubtful to say the least in terms of having any talent to compensate. Our squad is absolutely diabolical, but that shouldn't make way for unbelievable over-ratings on the very very few performing to an acceptable standard.

They'd actually be inclined to work harder, to earn themselves an extension through the correct procedure and not a 2 year knee-jerk of a contract after a few games at an acceptable level.
Right then, imagine this.
Next big thing comes through our academy with ambitions of playing at the highest level (like they all should do). He's unproven and raw yet put in great performances in the season and impresses teams in the premier league so much so that Team A offer £2m for him.
Now, if he'd signed a 3 year contract then we could keep hold of him under contract or ask for more money until we settle on a reasonable amount. However, unfortunately the management have been listening to you and instead give him a one year contract which has enabled him to walk straight out of the club and sign a long term contract in the Premier League while we don't get the player neither any money at all, apart from the (peanuts in comparison) compensation.

Keep Trolling.

Next big thing comes through our academy with ambitions of playing at the highest level (like they all should do). He's unproven and raw yet put in great performances in the season and impresses teams in the premier league so much so that Team A offer £2m for him.
Now, if he'd signed a 3 year contract then we could keep hold of him under contract or ask for more money until we settle on a reasonable amount. However, unfortunately the management have been listening to you and instead give him a one year contract which has enabled him to walk straight out of the club and sign a long term contract in the Premier League while we don't get the player neither any money at all, apart from the (peanuts in comparison) compensation..

As long as he is over 24 that is
If he isn't there's a calculation that allows the Prem team to offer us a bag of peanuts, which we are obliged to accept

Now, if he'd signed a 3 year contract then we could keep hold of him under contract or ask for more money until we settle on a reasonable amount. However, unfortunately the management have been listening to you and instead give him a one year contract which has enabled him to walk straight out of the club and sign a long term contract in the Premier League while we don't get the player neither any money at all, apart from the (peanuts in comparison) compensation.

Keep Trolling.
One thing that negates your entire argument straight off, is the fact that the player in question isn't worth anywhere near £2m, and if you think he is then that'll explain the reasoning behind your ridiculous points. I'd get rid of him for nothing. Nothing more than a mid-table - low league one player and I don't see him ever exceeding that.

Your little problem can also be solved by only offering a contract extension when that player has already impressed to the level that Premier League clubs may be interested. This hasn't happened.

It's weighing up the accumulation of dross against the prospect we might lose out to a Premier League club. And since he isn't and hasn't shown any signs of being anywhere near worthy of a bid from the leagues above, one can only conclude it will be yet another waste of 2 years wages and yet another really poor show of management from Adkins.

I've been impressed with Wallace this season and he will only get better. I could understand the reaction Barny if it was McGahey that was given the extension.

One thing that negates your entire argument straight off, is the fact that the player in question isn't worth anywhere near £2m, and if you think he is then that'll explain the reasoning behind your ridiculous points. I'd get rid of him for nothing. Nothing more than a mid-table - low league one player and I don't see him ever exceeding that.

Your little problem can also be solved by only offering a contract extension when that player has already impressed to the level that Premier League clubs may be interested. This hasn't happened.

It's weighing up the accumulation of dross against the prospect we might lose out to a Premier League club. And since he isn't and hasn't shown any signs of being anywhere near worthy of a bid from the leagues above, one can only conclude it will be yet another waste of 2 years wages and yet another really poor show of management from Adkins.

sounds like its lifted straight from owlstalk
Ivbe heard owls fans give our players more kudos

Wallace is a promoising YOUNG player at the start of his career
Adkins sees he has a future , whicch negates your bag of bollocks opinion

he gets a contract for being hard working and impressing in training and in games
which is how professional football works
not the on the agendas of gormless shits with no idea

Since when has "Next Big Thing" meant K. Wallace?

miss-the-point2.jpg

I havent offered an opinion on him , have I
I go on Adkins
Might see him v coventry home for that
Wallace is a promoising YOUNG player at the start of his career
Adkins sees he has a future , whicch negates your bag of bollocks opinion

he gets a contract for being hard working and impressing in training and in games
which is how professional football works
not the on the agendas of gormless shits with no idea
Yes, you have.

no I didnt , I stated a fact
Wallace is a promising young player at the start of his career is based on the fact hes getting games
he wouldnt be promising if like de geralamo he wasnt getting selected
I go on Adkins view is exactly what I said

Not saying Wallace's contract isn't deserved, but this makes me wonder now just how ruthless Adkins is going to be come Jan/summer?

Back
Top Bottom