All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I might be going against the majority...it’s okay, not blown away. I think it looks a bit like some kind of Pyjama top and looks a bit bland. I like this seasons home and away shirt but won’t part with £80 for any

£80?

Does anyone know if the personalisation on the back is in the creamy / yellow to match the trim or in white?

I might be going against the majority...it’s okay, not blown away. I think it looks a bit like some kind of Pyjama top and looks a bit bland. I like this seasons home and away shirt but won’t part with £80 for any
What about £55, would you part with £55, the actual cost?

Does anyone know if the personalisation on the back is in the creamy / yellow to match the trim or in white?

PL have done gold lettering before (Newcastle springs to mind) so maybe it will be that. I hope so. Ordered mine with name and number as I don't treat myself often.

Reactions: HVR
£80 if you fancy personalising it...I could have bedtime written on the back along with the number 10 for 10pm?

Do adults actually personalise shirts? Genuine question.

I've personalised 2 shirts ever but would never wear them. The luminous shirt from other year, I had Sharp on back and CH badges and intend to frame the shirt for Sharps 200th goal.

I also picked up a Luminous Green shirt that we wore v Walsall in the promotion season. Because it was never on sale, I printed that up too. Still tagged.

I'd feel weird having a name/number on the back. Each to their own I guess

I've personalised 2 shirts ever but would never wear them. The luminous shirt from other year, I had Sharp on back and CH badges and intend to frame the shirt for Sharps 200th goal.

I also picked up a Luminous Green shirt that we wore v Walsall in the promotion season. Because it was never on sale, I printed that up too. Still tagged.

I think you’ve probably answered your own question, each to their own. There hasn’t been many players names id want on the back of a shirt until recent times. I think over time some shirts become really iconic, often dependant on what success we remember of them. I hope in 10 years time I’m kicking myself for not splashing the cash on this third kit with Brewster on the back.

Actually it looks better on the video than on the first photo's they released, I like bright colours so I'd still like it to be a bit of a brighter shade of green though. Our lass has ordered one for the lad for Christmas straight away, I might just have to drop the hint seeing as the home kit and the pink effort are shockingly bad.

Actually it looks better on the video than on the first photo's they released, I like bright colours so I'd still like it to be a bit of a brighter shade of green though. Our lass has ordered one for the lad for Christmas straight away, I might just have to drop the hint seeing as the home kit and the pink effort are shockingly bad.
☝two.

Yep. I get TJB on all my shirts. And a number 7, because I'm like a prime Beckham on the pitch whipping in beautiful crosses that look good enough to eat*

* That's a complete fucking lie.

I got "BELL 66" on this year's home shirt, mainly because I couldn't bear to see all that white left empty. I'd have put "GREENWICH 1966" on but I'd have felt too much like an A-Z of London and it would have been way too expensive.

Same as you, I do if I don't wear it.

Last season I had a Sharp one with Prem badges just for posterity (I was going to buy a PL captains armband off eBay and make a display sort of thing), and I bought a McGoldrick 17 one when they had that offer and that's not even in my size, I just have it on the wall in the back bedroom.

I have had Egan 12 on this green one which I'll probably wear, but it's not the norm.

Same as you, I do if I don't wear it.

Last season I had a Sharp one with Prem badges just for posterity (I was going to buy a PL captains armband off eBay and make a display sort of thing), and I bought a McGoldrick 17 one when they had that offer and that's not even in my size, I just have it on the wall in the back bedroom.

I have had Egan 12 on this green one which I'll probably wear, but it's not the norm.
20201004_131053.jpg

Well having seen the launch video and then ordering my own shirt I also thought they looked great on the pitch apart from one thing...... the white numbers & letters just looked out of place and cheap.

I’d hope it was solely because there wasn’t time to get a matching sand/gold set or numbers/letters sorted and that they will eventually be in a matching colour to the rest of the lettering and badges but knowing us that’ll not be the case and they’ll just always have white letters & numbers on the back. 🙄🙄🙄

Well having seen the launch video and then ordering my own shirt I also thought they looked great on the pitch apart from one thing...... the white numbers & letters just looked out of place and cheap.

I’d hope it was solely because there wasn’t time to get a matching sand/gold set or numbers/letters sorted and that they will eventually be in a matching colour to the rest of the lettering and badges but knowing us that’ll not be the case and they’ll just always have white letters & numbers on the back. 🙄🙄🙄

You can't just have whatever you want, there are 5 colours available.

Black, white, blue, red, banana yellow.

It's not Sunday League. You can't just choose a random colour. It has to be offical Premier League lettering

1601913481841.png1601913595766.png

EDIT: what bromtom said 👆

Last edited:
I bloody love it but too slow off the mark and allt the medium and large have gone which I coukd get into either. Do I see if any come back in stock or try to put the 4 stone back on I lost when I needed an XL?

Option 2 sounds fun tbh.

Looks a very smart bit of kit.

What is it with Utd suddenly getting their act together with our kits after producing some real shockers over the years?

All three of this seasons kits look top notch and easy on the eye. They will will getting Jennifer Lawrence in to model them next.

Did you not see this season's home shirt? Easy on the eye is not the phrase I'd use.

I hadn’t realised the colours were limited to those five having seen goldy coloured names and numbers in the past have these colours been a more recent change?

Gold is used on the Football League still. Don't think they've been allowed in PL for 5yr or so

I wonder if Rovrum shop would put gold lettering on mine 😀

Green is for goalkeepers and football pitches IMO. Having said that it is a good marketing ploy. We sell a lot of shirts in Saudi so having a kit that matches their national colours is bound to increase sales.

I don't like the colour it is a bit drab. Also I wonder whether it was chosen because its the owner's national colours. Always a bit concerning if a team changes its colours to please the owner. Like when Tan wanted Cardiff to play in Red.

Although a third away kit - I think he's entitled to that for backing us to the Premier League

Last edited:

I don't like the colour it is a bit drab. Also I wonder whether it was chosen because its the owner's national colours. Always a bit concerning if a team changes its colours to please the owner. Like when Tan wanted Cardiff to play in Red.

Bit of a difference between the owner choosing the colour of his team's 3rd kit and the owner deciding to change the entire colours of the traditional home shirt.

Back
Top Bottom