My take ...

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Fair report. Gets a like for the obligitory toileting reference.

Great report, we actually put away some of the failings we have shown previously. Even 3-0 up we went after them. Lovely!
I think the Wrexham effect has actually invigorated us. The blades are far better when facing adversity. The team seem to be morphing into a solid unit of respectful team mates, working for each other. Love the team hug chat before the start.
There are great signs of a real fantastic group that can compete in the EPL. We need serious investment backup, but the team today was one of our strongest lineups, and it showed. This is almost our best lineup when not plagued by Injuries.
The interplay by the atms, wingbacks and strikers was joyful. Add in our famous overlapping Cbs....
Ref was a joke.
Belgiumloanley and the Blades are head and shoulders above the rest of the Championship. I think the Boro game will confirm this. Not the slightest bit worried if we put this team out. EPL, here we come!
Swansea are basically shite away from home due to their stupid from the back kamikaze tactics
That wasn’t a test at all today

Really, really pleasing game today from United. Right across the pitch we showed a lot of class and capability and the stuff that combined with expected and needed reinforcements, would stand us in good stead for next season if and when promoted. We also played a side who were themselves mostly tidy, football-wise disciplined and looked capable, and also a referee who was shambolic and bottom-drawer.

Not much of a change from our midweek muted defeat of Wrexham. To that end instead of us going up the pitch and giving the crowd some 'ooh' moments then falling back to let them onto us and playing the last ten minutes on our nerves, we ourselves fell under quite intense pressing and denial by Swansea in the first ten. We didn't get into their box until a quarter of an hour and suddenly we switched to attack soon after and went at them. We really showed what we could do from then on in. Great passing, movement, a wide range of skills options and opportunities. It was almost total football and became so capped off with a real class goal from Berge. This came at the end of a period where you knew a goal was coming too and not from one of Swansea's mistakes because even though we were on them, up to that moment they'd defended well and kept us at (half) arm's length at least. Then big surprise - instead of us doing a Frank Bruno on Tyson and reeling back after landing a punch, we went at them again. Their 4-2-3-1 left big gaps for Bogle and Lowe with the centrebacks getting their sleeves up too. Norwood absolutely sunbathed in his ability to dictate the game despite the ref seeming determined to hamper our progress. Free kick gained and whilst most expected the BLLT to be happy recipients of Norwood's strike, he hit it beautifully and it hammered the underside of the crossbar with JLT waiting like a Grizzly Bear to eat up the rebound. Two nowt!

Of course, like any United lead at half time you're expecting a different match in the second half even though we are kicking toward the kop. I missed the first five due to my firestick shitting it's nappy but rejoined with us again deep in their half and making them work hard. The midfield to me were having their best game this season (including Burnley) and Swansea looked ragged and unsure what or how to deal with attacks which came from all angles. The ref again looked set on giving the impetus to the away side with some frankly breathtakingly questionable decisions but I'm glad to report we didn't let it get to us. Everyone was expecting the third goal and it nearly came several times even with JLT smacking the foot of the post and Egan with (shock) a header on target! Finally Bogle (who to me is our best Wilder signing by a fucking light-year) dances through and sets up Osborn who sets up McB who gobbles up chances like that. La fait accompli. Ten points clear still and giving Boro summat to think about.

Foderingham 7/10: Brave in the first half and good save in the second.
Bogle 10/10: He gets this because I can't downmark him for anything to mind. He was dangerous up the pitch and tracked back to get the job done when needed. But he kept Swansea super busy and set up two goals. First class, Jayden. Well done.
Anel 7.5/10: Better performance from him and he did more by backing Bogle up out wide as an auxiliary RWB. Less clumsiness today too and more of his old self on show
Egan 8/10: Solid as a rock and read Swansea's attack once the back three had worked out who was marking who and what was each other's jobs
JLT 9/10: Monumental. The man is morphing into Chris Morgan but in truth, with more than Morgs had. Literally took the BL net off its posts with his goal and unlucky with his post hit at the SS end. He's gone from zero to hero this bloke and might just ... just ... be PL worthy.
Lowe 7/10: Doesn't attack as much as Bogle but today was a good echo of the past with him and Bogle on, with Naughton facing Lowe reflecting what we used to have with the two Kyles fourteen years ago. Still didn't drop a stitch mind.
Berge 7.5/10: Far better game from him. Okay, there are spells where he disappears for a bit but when he's on the ball like today, he gets the opposition on the back foot and especially in the middle hour of the game, put so much into our forward facing game. Took his goal with admirable coolness.
Norwood 9/10: Another player who has gone from nowt to everything. Bossed the midfield today and its a long time since I have said that in a 'My take ... ' Plenty of long passes but very much as and when needed and popped up here, there and everywhere to make his mark and make his contribution count. The saying is 'when he plays well, we play well' We played well today not just because of him today but in concert with him playing well.
McAtee 7.5/10: Really pleasing game. He got stuck in, made space and ran into it with the ball and like a lot of players out there ... in a forward moving direction. Baffled why he was subbed by Osborn because we lost impetus, big style when he went
NDaiye 7/10: No goals for him today but plenty of threat, pressing, menace and cleverness
Sharp 7.5/10: Billy just wanted to score, as he does in every match. His usual outing of strength and wisdom on show today with nothing much to show in terms of goals mind. Hope his ankle turn is healable

Osborn 5/10: Not sure what he brought to our game and when he came on we lost in McAtee an outlet which Osborn isn't. He did get involved but its all a bit hit and hope and frantic.
McBurnie 7/10: Loses half a mark for getting tangled up in the goalmouth melee, but that's McBurnie, isn't it. Always ready to pounce and this he did for the third.
Coullibally U/M: Couple of touches, none of them bad
Fleck N/M: Great to see him back
Basham N/M: Didn't touch the ball, did he?

HJ&SMcC 9/10: Great match for them all and a clean sheet which shows that the three departments they run can resonate so well in some matches. We should be very confident going into Wednesday's game having full belief we can beat them and beat them well. Puzzling sub bringing Osborn on in place of McAtee who was doing well at the time and maybe Coullibally was a better, stronger, more football-astute option.

pommpey
Norwood 9/10 - brings a tear to your eye that one! From someone who was a critic, it’s good to see he’s playing well and winning you round.

Nice to see Sander up his game to achieve full font status too 😏

Good Sunday morning reading as ever 👍

Today was the most enjoyable win in a long long time. It sounds ungrateful considering we're looking like going up (or at least in a very good position to do so) but it has been so tedious to watch us for weeks, peaking last week at Millmoor.
Not surprised it was very tedious if you went to Millmoor last week. Did you see over the weeds on the pitch whilst also chancing your life with a trip to the Victorian bogs they had there complete with a turd probably dropped in the 1920s?

First time since Burnley that we’ve put a performance in in both halves From 1-11 we looked at it moving the ball with tempo & agressive in winning it back .

Bogle was outstanding yesterday creating two goals out of nothing .

After Berge took the first goal with composure we never looked back & could have easily added a few more to 3 that we bagged.
As for the opposition they are poor , tippy tappy shit with zero end product they remind me of a 5 a side team that’s just moved onto a big pitch .

As for then referee .. fuck me beyond awful ... have any of them ever played the game

Great performance , bring on Boro on Weds ⚔️

I love to watch Bogle attacking but hide under my seat when the opponents come down his side !!
His ability to be out of position and fail to close down his man, or indeed any man, is frightening.
In this league he is a great asset, but not against a quality attacker.
Sorry there is no way he gave a perfect performance.
if we lose berge through injury bogle is the ideal replacement for that right side midfield spot and baldock rwb

Norwood 9/10 - brings a tear to your eye that one! From someone who was a critic, it’s good to see he’s playing well and winning you round.

Nice to see Sander up his game to achieve full font status too 😏

Good Sunday morning reading as ever 👍

Many thanks.

I hope those naysayers who come on here and pontificate I 'have an agenda' will take note. They are strangely silent now. I refuse to big players up when (in my opinion) they've played shit. Many on here can see us go down 5-0 and either don't want any negative comments or take it actually personally that someone else has a different opinion to them and has the temerity to exercise free speech to articulate that. Three seasons ago, Norwood was putting in laughably shit, weak performance which indicated why Brighton and Fulham jettisoned him before going up to the PL. He was costing us so badly yet others were bone hard about his long range passing and pointing. His output was dreadful. Now he's a different player and yesterday was one of the best games I have seen him play. He used his passing skills judiciously and not for effect and now is hardly caught out and chasing into a tackle. Berger too (who cost several times Norwood's fee and came with reputation) was also 'better' yesterday in longer spells. He did get into tackles and challenged for headers. He also used that skill he has of going past players to put Swansea on the back foot and he capped that off with a world class goal, this after missing a hatful of six yard sitters in earlier matches.

You can only comment on what is there, being played i front of you and in every fan's mind, the context is different. Deadbat gave Bogle a 7/10 and (as he always does) gave reason which although I don't entirely agree with, is a fair comment. Many who have ranged me as having an agenda fail badly to explain why which suggests they have a personal agenda. If you disagree, do yourself a service and explain why or if you feel I have an agenda, qualify that by explaining what you saw to disprove my comments.

Up the Blades!

pommpey

If Berge, Bogle, McAtee and the rest of the lads repeat their performance on Wednesday night and we don't do anything daft, then I see us getting a good result

Everyone needs to be on their game against Boro. We need to keep them at arms length because basically Boro, Burnley and us are the form teams

Many thanks.

I hope those naysayers who come on here and pontificate I 'have an agenda' will take note. They are strangely silent now. I refuse to big players up when (in my opinion) they've played shit. Many on here can see us go down 5-0 and either don't want any negative comments or take it actually personally that someone else has a different opinion to them and has the temerity to exercise free speech to articulate that. Three seasons ago, Norwood was putting in laughably shit, weak performance which indicated why Brighton and Fulham jettisoned him before going up to the PL. He was costing us so badly yet others were bone hard about his long range passing and pointing. His output was dreadful. Now he's a different player and yesterday was one of the best games I have seen him play. He used his passing skills judiciously and not for effect and now is hardly caught out and chasing into a tackle. Berger too (who cost several times Norwood's fee and came with reputation) was also 'better' yesterday in longer spells. He did get into tackles and challenged for headers. He also used that skill he has of going past players to put Swansea on the back foot and he capped that off with a world class goal, this after missing a hatful of six yard sitters in earlier matches.

You can only comment on what is there, being played i front of you and in every fan's mind, the context is different. Deadbat gave Bogle a 7/10 and (as he always does) gave reason which although I don't entirely agree with, is a fair comment. Many who have ranged me as having an agenda fail badly to explain why which suggests they have a personal agenda. If you disagree, do yourself a service and explain why or if you feel I have an agenda, qualify that by explaining what you saw to disprove my comments.

Up the Blades!

pommpey
Not sure if it’s intentional but the club approach seems to be a bit more rounded on him as well.

I might be wrong but they seem keen to highlight his all round stats. He’s very high up on defensive stats such as tackles and blocks as well as touches and chance created. He is the ultimate conductor when on form but he’s also effective defensively these days when he was someone you were having to compensate for in the covid relegation nightmare season.

It may well go that way again when he’s up against some of the midfield athletes some of the top sides have but he’s definitely given himself a chance by improving that part of his game. Key is us getting the right partner. Not saying it’s him, but if a Coulibaly could be that up and down, run all day box to box athlete that would also prolong Norwood’s career in my humble opinion.

But my main point on the club was that they seem to have moved on from their only theme of “did you see that ping?”

Cheers pommps.

Good read as usual. Not been to the game or watched it live on tv but by all accounts a much improved all round performance from the Blades.

Between you Deadbat and Roy we have all angles coved on the match reports and match info. (Tony Pritchett will be turning in his grave !) Pushing on nicely now towards the automatics.

UTB !

Norwood can only use his range of passing when there is someone in space to pass to. Yes he has had some dreadful games especially in the relegation season where our midfield and wing backs seemed terrified to go forwards or move into space. Not surprising that with the likes of Bogle, Lowe, McAtee in the team he suddenly has players who find space to pass to in forward areas and we don't have to resort to passing to the back three before lumping it up to the isolated front two. The whole team has improved not just Norwood.

Great read love it great to have nothing to moan about other than the ref we win 3-0 and he is the worst on the pitch.. positive result on Weds night and I honestly think even we couldn't mess this up.. could we??? UTB

Good match, crap ref (baffling decisions at times), and no real weak links in the team.

When Sander wants to run forward, there is not an opposition player in this league that can stop him, he makes most defenders look small. Bogle is similar, but without the height/build, that run to set up the third goal was breath taking.

I didn't see what started the goal mouth scrum, but was glad that no red cards came of it. I guessed (from where I was sitting, in G Block), that Jack Robbo and Oli McB would be in the middle of it. Robbo is an absolute unit, fearless, hard as nails, every teams needs one.

Just hoping that Billy is ok. We need all hands on deck in the final run-in, the promised land is beckoning us.

Up the Blades!

I didn't see what started the goal mouth scrum, but was glad that no red cards came of it. I guessed (from where I was sitting, in G Block), that Jack Robbo and Oli McB would be in the middle of it. Robbo is an absolute unit, fearless, hard as nails, every teams needs one.!

It was out of three of our players being simultaneously and openly physically restrained with grabbing and shirt pulling. Jack ended up on the deck with one of their players struggling to get free, his arm trapped under his marker and held there purposefully. Jack being Jack, he wasn't having any of that so he tried to physically extract himself which led to the first one on one. McB had just headed over and was heading back to position, seeing everyone piling into the SS net to extricate Jack and his marker he waded in.

The mere fact that the ref had totally ignored obvious penalty shouts is another indication that referees come to BDTBL with a point to make and it has fuck all to do with fair play and the laws of the game. It's been a long time since we've seen a game we won and have felt somewhat buoyed by dodgy decisions my the officials. Next year one can possibly expect more of the same from VAR with the likes of Lundstram's two-foot-boot and other such stupidities going against us.

pommpey

I've never seen another game in the land of VAR where an obvious goal wasn't given because the home team had forgotten to turn it on.

Or a goal being disallowed because some player way over on the wing was said to have his big toe over the line....

Can't wait to get back..... :rolleyes:

Bogle 10/10:
TEN!!!!!
Just when I thought Pomp's upper score limit was only 7.5..... Personally, I'm having none of it 'cause the Sheffield Star reserved that number for Joe Shaw and it was never EVER to be used again. Shame on yer Pomps....

Really, really pleasing game today from United. Right across the pitch we showed a lot of class and capability and the stuff that combined with expected and needed reinforcements, would stand us in good stead for next season if and when promoted. We also played a side who were themselves mostly tidy, football-wise disciplined and looked capable, and also a referee who was shambolic and bottom-drawer.

Not much of a change from our midweek muted defeat of Wrexham. To that end instead of us going up the pitch and giving the crowd some 'ooh' moments then falling back to let them onto us and playing the last ten minutes on our nerves, we ourselves fell under quite intense pressing and denial by Swansea in the first ten. We didn't get into their box until a quarter of an hour and suddenly we switched to attack soon after and went at them. We really showed what we could do from then on in. Great passing, movement, a wide range of skills options and opportunities. It was almost total football and became so capped off with a real class goal from Berge. This came at the end of a period where you knew a goal was coming too and not from one of Swansea's mistakes because even though we were on them, up to that moment they'd defended well and kept us at (half) arm's length at least. Then big surprise - instead of us doing a Frank Bruno on Tyson and reeling back after landing a punch, we went at them again. Their 4-2-3-1 left big gaps for Bogle and Lowe with the centrebacks getting their sleeves up too. Norwood absolutely sunbathed in his ability to dictate the game despite the ref seeming determined to hamper our progress. Free kick gained and whilst most expected the BLLT to be happy recipients of Norwood's strike, he hit it beautifully and it hammered the underside of the crossbar with JLT waiting like a Grizzly Bear to eat up the rebound. Two nowt!

Of course, like any United lead at half time you're expecting a different match in the second half even though we are kicking toward the kop. I missed the first five due to my firestick shitting it's nappy but rejoined with us again deep in their half and making them work hard. The midfield to me were having their best game this season (including Burnley) and Swansea looked ragged and unsure what or how to deal with attacks which came from all angles. The ref again looked set on giving the impetus to the away side with some frankly breathtakingly questionable decisions but I'm glad to report we didn't let it get to us. Everyone was expecting the third goal and it nearly came several times even with JLT smacking the foot of the post and Egan with (shock) a header on target! Finally Bogle (who to me is our best Wilder signing by a fucking light-year) dances through and sets up Osborn who sets up McB who gobbles up chances like that. La fait accompli. Ten points clear still and giving Boro summat to think about.

Foderingham 7/10: Brave in the first half and good save in the second.
Bogle 10/10: He gets this because I can't downmark him for anything to mind. He was dangerous up the pitch and tracked back to get the job done when needed. But he kept Swansea super busy and set up two goals. First class, Jayden. Well done.
Anel 7.5/10: Better performance from him and he did more by backing Bogle up out wide as an auxiliary RWB. Less clumsiness today too and more of his old self on show
Egan 8/10: Solid as a rock and read Swansea's attack once the back three had worked out who was marking who and what was each other's jobs
JLT 9/10: Monumental. The man is morphing into Chris Morgan but in truth, with more than Morgs had. Literally took the BL net off its posts with his goal and unlucky with his post hit at the SS end. He's gone from zero to hero this bloke and might just ... just ... be PL worthy.
Lowe 7/10: Doesn't attack as much as Bogle but today was a good echo of the past with him and Bogle on, with Naughton facing Lowe reflecting what we used to have with the two Kyles fourteen years ago. Still didn't drop a stitch mind.
Berge 7.5/10: Far better game from him. Okay, there are spells where he disappears for a bit but when he's on the ball like today, he gets the opposition on the back foot and especially in the middle hour of the game, put so much into our forward facing game. Took his goal with admirable coolness.
Norwood 9/10: Another player who has gone from nowt to everything. Bossed the midfield today and its a long time since I have said that in a 'My take ... ' Plenty of long passes but very much as and when needed and popped up here, there and everywhere to make his mark and make his contribution count. The saying is 'when he plays well, we play well' We played well today not just because of him today but in concert with him playing well.
McAtee 7.5/10: Really pleasing game. He got stuck in, made space and ran into it with the ball and like a lot of players out there ... in a forward moving direction. Baffled why he was subbed by Osborn because we lost impetus, big style when he went
NDaiye 7/10: No goals for him today but plenty of threat, pressing, menace and cleverness
Sharp 7.5/10: Billy just wanted to score, as he does in every match. His usual outing of strength and wisdom on show today with nothing much to show in terms of goals mind. Hope his ankle turn is healable

Osborn 5/10: Not sure what he brought to our game and when he came on we lost in McAtee an outlet which Osborn isn't. He did get involved but its all a bit hit and hope and frantic.
McBurnie 7/10: Loses half a mark for getting tangled up in the goalmouth melee, but that's McBurnie, isn't it. Always ready to pounce and this he did for the third.
Coullibally U/M: Couple of touches, none of them bad
Fleck N/M: Great to see him back
Basham N/M: Didn't touch the ball, did he?

HJ&SMcC 9/10: Great match for them all and a clean sheet which shows that the three departments they run can resonate so well in some matches. We should be very confident going into Wednesday's game having full belief we can beat them and beat them well. Puzzling sub bringing Osborn on in place of McAtee who was doing well at the time and maybe Coullibally was a better, stronger, more football-astute option.

pommpey

Harsh on Osborn as usual, he didn't have a bad game it's just that McAtee has different attributes.
Other than that I agree with all of it, even the marks.
I love it when JLT goes in on one of their players, proper crunching tackles perfectly timed, and as foe Bogle, what a joy to watch him today.

Good write up Pommps. I was nervous even at 2-0, but that's just me. Unless it's 4-0 at half time I get jitters! Actually played as a team, Bogle was amazing, but they were all good. It may be the beer, but I really think that a result against Boro on Wednesday and we may be there. That's buggered it up!!!!!
Has any team ever been maybe promoted in February? Experience tells you,do not start to count our feathered friends,just sayin' like.

that ref was diabolical the decision to give the swansea keeper the ball back after he got injured was unbelievable we had won the ball back off swansea just inside their half thats where the ball should have been brought back to with us having the ball for the restart

Spot on report again pommpey, once we sussed them out there was only one outcome. As l've said before don't be looking behind us at boro but above us and catch Burnley, starting on Wednesday night. The love in for kompany is nauseating and after his comments at the lane he has it coming
Can't wait for us to stuff Kompany and Co. at Turf Moor ...

Back
Top Bottom