My take ....

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

We totally dominated the first half but hardly created anything, as usual the final ball delivery was awful
Second half they stepped up and pressed us and had a couple of guys who ran at us and caused problems, it was a shock when we scored
As usual we just cannot do clean sheets and another 2 points lost
Away point is generally decent but we are way down the table and need 3 otherwise the season is just going to pass us by as a wasted opportunity

'We could have even lost it and it wouldn't have surprised me'

Sadly, me neither mate, even with only 7 more minutes to go.

Another poor, disconnected and frankly incompetent performance from United. I did think it might be possibly nice if we did to Forest what most teams have done to us and went one up and just managed the game out. Sure, we got a goal we barely deserved but simply switched the fuck off against a practically threatless opposition and chucked two points away. How the fuck Lewis Grabban, a known scorer against us, gets so much damned time in the six yard box is beyond me. It's simply sickening. Anyone who said last year, when we faced our doom and the humiliation of relegation, that this team would be comfortably above the Championship level and we'd be HMS Piss the League needs to get a fucking hot bath and take their heads for a shit. You know who you are. As said, on tonight's showing, it's difficult to understand how we were so good with players like Enda Stevens, Oliver Norwood, John Fleck and then augmented that with more piss poor, expensive and talentless signings.

First ten was typical, attack, get at them and Forest just gave us acres of space and time, knowing we'd never score. Nothing worked and if it seemed to you could rely on Brewster volleying it into the stand when testing the keeper might be an idea. After that it was academic, unentertaining grifting from twenty two pretty bang average ball kickers. MGW looked promising as did the returning Basham, but two out of eleven isn't a good percentage of performance. When Mousset finally did his usual hour and we brought players on, it improved and we got a goal we never asked for (although well done Billy and MGW) but did anyone think we'd manage that lead out to the end? Me neither. We could have even lost it and it wouldn't have surprised me.

Across the park we look clueless and inept, from front to back. The back four even with Basham in it still looks unsolid. The midfield is still flagging even when we play 4-1-4-1 or 4-2-3-1, or 4-4-1-1 (we flirted with al of these) It seems to me Slav is simply chucking the bones up in the air and going with where they land with a squad full of misfits and way-past-its. No idea what the fuck he's gonna do for Blackburn, but playing the U23s looks like a viable option.

Olsen 5/10: Still not convinced.
Bogle 4/10: Looks like a shadow of the attacking promise he used to be.
Basham 7/10: Great to see him back. Composed on the ball, willing to move it up the pitch and obviously better than Davies or C3PO, even if he has displaced
Egan 5/10: into an unfavoured LCB role. He looked more at ease tonight with a more competent CB next to him but that ball over the top to Grabban should have been his. He was way out of position
Stevens 2/10: Needs dropping. I used to rate Stevens but now he has just lost his ability to play effective football and is our weak link
Norwood 6/10: Much better game from him. No Hollywood, better passing and more time on the ball, even if it was because Forest didn't press us until the second half
Fleck 2/10: Really, really didn't see him playing. If he did get on the ball he looked geriatric and poor
Osborn 4/10: Poor game from him. Usual energy but he's like many midfielders we have had before him who make loads of foam kicking their legs but they don't move down the swimming pool
MGW: 6.5/10: Well taken goal and better in the later stages but whatever he does, it leaves everyone mystified as to how they can help him. Which is stupidity.
Brewster 2/10: He genuinely looks like our Ali Dia now. Only we paid £23m for him. Klopp must be pissing himself pissless.
Mousset 3/10: Two goals against Bahnselh and that's your lot. Tonight he was anonymous

Sharp 4/10: Plenty to give and good assist. But the rest was just hustle and bustle
Hourihane 1/10: About as much use as Anne Frank's trumpet
Ndaiye 5/10: Brought on too late to be effective to be honest. Should have come on at HT

Slav 5/10: Poor fucker.

pommpey
Spot on Pommpey
One thing we can all agree on we’ve got serious problems

Another poor, disconnected and frankly incompetent performance from United. I did think it might be possibly nice if we did to Forest what most teams have done to us and went one up and just managed the game out. Sure, we got a goal we barely deserved but simply switched the fuck off against a practically threatless opposition and chucked two points away. How the fuck Lewis Grabban, a known scorer against us, gets so much damned time in the six yard box is beyond me. It's simply sickening. Anyone who said last year, when we faced our doom and the humiliation of relegation, that this team would be comfortably above the Championship level and we'd be HMS Piss the League needs to get a fucking hot bath and take their heads for a shit. You know who you are. As said, on tonight's showing, it's difficult to understand how we were so good with players like Enda Stevens, Oliver Norwood, John Fleck and then augmented that with more piss poor, expensive and talentless signings.

First ten was typical, attack, get at them and Forest just gave us acres of space and time, knowing we'd never score. Nothing worked and if it seemed to you could rely on Brewster volleying it into the stand when testing the keeper might be an idea. After that it was academic, unentertaining grifting from twenty two pretty bang average ball kickers. MGW looked promising as did the returning Basham, but two out of eleven isn't a good percentage of performance. When Mousset finally did his usual hour and we brought players on, it improved and we got a goal we never asked for (although well done Billy and MGW) but did anyone think we'd manage that lead out to the end? Me neither. We could have even lost it and it wouldn't have surprised me.

Across the park we look clueless and inept, from front to back. The back four even with Basham in it still looks unsolid. The midfield is still flagging even when we play 4-1-4-1 or 4-2-3-1, or 4-4-1-1 (we flirted with al of these) It seems to me Slav is simply chucking the bones up in the air and going with where they land with a squad full of misfits and way-past-its. No idea what the fuck he's gonna do for Blackburn, but playing the U23s looks like a viable option.

Basham 7/10: Great to see him back. Composed on the ball, willing to move it up the pitch and obviously better than Davies or C3PO, even if he has displaced
Egan 5/10: into an unfavoured LCB role. He looked more at ease tonight with a more competent CB next to him but that ball over the top to Grabban should have been his. He was way out of position
Stevens 2/10: Needs dropping. I used to rate Stevens but now he has just lost his ability to play effective football and is our weak link
Norwood 6/10: Much better game from him. No Hollywood, better passing and more time on the ball, even if it was because Forest didn't press us until the second half
Fleck 2/10: Really, really didn't see him playing. If he did get on the ball he looked geriatric and poor
Osborn 4/10: Poor game from him. Usual energy but he's like many midfielders we have had before him who make loads of foam kicking their legs but they don't move down the swimming pool
MGW: 6.5/10: Well taken goal and better in the later stages but whatever he does, it leaves everyone mystified as to how they can help him. Which is stupidity.
Brewster 2/10: He genuinely looks like our Ali Dia now. Only we paid £23m for him. Klopp must be pissing himself pissless.
Mousset 3/10: Two goals against Bahnselh and that's your lot. Tonight he was anonymous

Sharp 4/10: Plenty to give and good assist. But the rest was just hustle and bustle
Ndaiye 5/10: Brought on too late to be effective to be honest. Should have come on at HT

pommpey
"Hourihane 1/10: About as much use as Anne Frank's trumpet"

Made me laugh more than it should.

£23m striker who can't finish a fish supper , £10m striker who can't walk slowly around for more than 60 minutes , defenders who can't defend , little Jimmy Fleck marking their tall striker at every corner & set piece (comedy) , 2 midfielders who couldn't match my Grandad & Grandma in an egg & spoon race , a manager that thinks it's a good idea to put Hourihane on for literally 1 minute .......... we are a joke club and yet we are taking 4,700 to Ewood on Saturday.
The team & coaching staff should hang their heads in shame but in modern football , they'll just draw their obscene wages without a second thought.
I'm 63.
I've followed dem Blades up hill & down dale for 54 years.
I've more fire in my belly than the whole playing staff put together.
It's about time I saw it for what it is and found a sport where the actual professionals cared as much as the fans.
Try Rugby Union. I am 70 and I am a massive Gloucester fan. Now they do give a damn.

pommpey
Love the swimming pool/ foam analogy. It sums up Osborn’s night.

Brewster bombed back to defend and made some good tackles that broke up their play. He also got into space better than previously and linked well at times with MGW. Yes, his shot was tame, but who did better sorry? Moose? Anyone?

This hate in for Brewster is beyond ridiculous now. You say that no-one performed yet also ignore any positives he brings to a game, and yes they are the there to be seen.

The reality is he needs to learn, but who from? He's surrounded by shit and rarely gets played. He needs to be loaned to a team playing well with some fight and confidence so he can improve. This isn't the team to get that from.

At the end of the day he IS our player so get behind him. As one of the youngest and less experienced he's at a make or break point in his career, and needs to learn with support.

From my view in the ground;

Olsen 7/10
Bogle 6/10
Stevens 7/10
Basham 4/10
Egan 7.5/10
Norwood 8.5/10
Fleck 5/10
MGW 8/10
Osborn 7.5/10
Brewster 6.5/10
Mousse 7/10
I think you are winding us up !!
I was about 5 miles from the ground and could see Stevens struggling to make 4/10 !

£23m striker who can't finish a fish supper , £10m striker who can't walk slowly around for more than 60 minutes , defenders who can't defend , little Jimmy Fleck marking their tall striker at every corner & set piece (comedy) , 2 midfielders who couldn't match my Grandad & Grandma in an egg & spoon race , a manager that thinks it's a good idea to put Hourihane on for literally 1 minute .......... we are a joke club and yet we are taking 4,700 to Ewood on Saturday.
The team & coaching staff should hang their heads in shame but in modern football , they'll just draw their obscene wages without a second thought.
I'm 63.
I've followed dem Blades up hill & down dale for 54 years.
I've more fire in my belly than the whole playing staff put together.
It's about time I saw it for what it is and found a sport where the actual professionals cared as much as the fans.

We chose to pay those prices, it doesn't mean they're worth that money as we've found out. It's time to forget past mistakes and figure out how to move forward.

Brewster bombed back to defend and made some good tackles that broke up their play. He also got into space better than previously and linked well at times with MGW. Yes, his shot was tame, but who did better sorry? Moose? Anyone?

This hate in for Brewster is beyond ridiculous now. You say that no-one performed yet also ignore any positives he brings to a game, and yes they are the there to be seen.

The reality is he needs to learn, but who from? He's surrounded by shit and rarely gets played. He needs to be loaned to a team playing well with some fight and confidence so he can improve. This isn't the team to get that from.

At the end of the day he IS our player so get behind him. As one of the youngest and less experienced he's at a make or break point in his career, and needs to learn with support.
I agree. He also made a great turn and run through the defence in the first half.

I’m getting bored of this tippy tappy possession football that goes no where, other than from the edge of the opposition box back to our own half.

I think we troubled their keeper 3 times in that whole match despite having an overwhelming amount of the ball. This is happening time after time and we know we can’t defend for shit.

Not advocating hoof but we must become more direct and have a few muscular darts into the box. You know, dribbling and early crosses and other crazy notions.

Slav has to fire up our strike force or we are going to spend the season nervously looking down rather than expectantly looking up.

Stevens, Mousset and Brewster 3/10
Bash 7/10
The rest 5/10.
We have the crappest strikers in the league. Either past it (Sharp, Mcgoldrick), lightweight, with a touch of headless chicken (Ndiaye), just plain shite (Mcb, Mousset - £30m cost!), or just not footballers at all in any shape or form really (Burke, Brewster -again £30m cost!). Until this changes, we'll be lower mid-table. And let's face it, it's not gonna change anytime soon.
As for Anne Frank's trumpet - genuine laugh out loud. Keep it up Pommps. There's also the anecdote of a really crap theatre production of her diary. Apparently the acting was so bad that when the Nazi soldiers entered the house the audience shouted "She's up there" and pointed towards the attic.....

I'd go as far as saying Brewster was lucky to get a 1. He offers nothing . He got in one good position near the end but hit the ball so weakly it struggled to reach the keeper.
Once again energy levels plummeted and 80 per cent of the game was woeful from both sides
People keep telling me Brewster is a decent player who just needs a run of games. I’m sorry but I simply can’t see it. Every time he actually manages to get on the ball, it astounding how much of a total dolls head he is.

First half was all us, ball was hardly ever out of their half.

The problem is, the longer the game goes on, and we haven't scored, you can feel the panic setting in.

Billy's assist was great, had his head up, knew where MGW was, and played it to his feet, just in front, and bang, it's in.

If only we could defend.
MGW was actually pointing to where he wanted the ball, Billy looked up and put it where MGW was pointing, lovely goal.

Thank heavens we still have Billy. I remember a cup tie on the BBC we had at Middlesbrough that I think went into extra time, being one of the most boring matches I ever saw on TV. Well the first 75 minutes of that ran it pretty close, no creativity especially between Stevens and Osbourne who were horrendousl wasteful in possession. Nothing at all down the other flank and this awful playing out from the back nonsense, compounded by a cross field ball from one flank toward the other across our own 18 yard box, which was just asking for trouble.

Good report Pommp's, Egan 5 !! he covers for everybody else that's why he is often out of position, he looks better with Bash at his side, he knows he can rely on him to back up.
The only thing wrong with us at moment and has been for a long time is we don't have a "driving" midfield Fleck & Norwood lounge around in midfield instead of driving forward, Fleck has been trying in the last few games but he just hasn't got it anymore, Norwood is somebody that does the orchestrating, we need another MGW, preferably two!

I think Olsen was at some fault for there goal, he went down! if he had just just up it wouldn't have gone in, it was overall a bad goal to concede, Egan was pulled out of position and couldn't get back and Bash was caught cold for once.
Brewster in my opinion, he is only young, but he needs to have the ball played to him and our midfield can't do that, when things transition away from our midfield away from Fleck & Norwood as it surely will in time (hopefully sooner!) then we will see the potential of what we paid 22 mill' for.
I keep saying it and everybody knows it January will be a defining month for us and the Prince going forward.

I’m getting bored of this tippy tappy possession football that goes no where, other than from the edge of the opposition box back to our own half.

I think we troubled their keeper 3 times in that whole match despite having an overwhelming amount of the ball. This is happening time after time and we know we can’t defend for shit.

Not advocating hoof but we must become more direct and have a few muscular darts into the box. You know, dribbling and early crosses and other crazy notions.

Slav has to fire up our strike force or we are going to spend the season nervously looking down rather than expectantly looking up.
as much as i loved bassett as a manager i absolutely hated his style of play and now i absolutely hate this modern tippy tappy sideways backwards 5 yard passes type of football at least with the hoof style theres some excitement in the penalty areas the stuff thats played today is just midfield borefest

Honestly what logical explanation does Slav have to play Brewster over N'Diaye. Idc if he cost £23m. I also want to see RND over that waste of space Stevens. I'm sick of other managers saying 'They'll be up there at end of season'. No we f*cking wont. This team is woeful. Why have we sent out a 6'4 CB out on loan. Inexperience is not an excuse. Blood more youngsters into this team as they're the only ones without a losing mentality and who will actually try and make things happen

Thanks Pommpey.

Felt sorry for Bash he was a brilliant. Looked head and shoulders above the others. Whenever he burst forward from defences the others were like "WTF you doing Bash get back in defence" and just watched him. No one fed off his run. He even got into the box and it just needed Fleck (I think) to feed it through and he was in on goal.

Dont quite agree with the marks for Norwood again we had no midfield. Everything down the left side. Can we for once just attack into the box through the middle.

Spot on ,I had to think who White was for a minute ,the man has too many names. How the fucking hell has Basham not been used ?
The energy is still there and the will to win

From my view in the ground;

Olsen 5/10
Bogle 5/10
Stevens 5/10
Basham 7/10
Egan 5/10
Norwood 7/10
Fleck 5/10
MGW 7/10
Osborn 5/10
Brewster 5/10
Mousse 3/10

Billy 7/10

Overall we were better than Forest who apart from last 10 were really average. We controlled large parts and looked comfortable, but and it's a big but, we are toothless and if you don't score one flaw and we are screwed, and it's happened again. Once Slav gets a prolific scorer we will be OK. Moose Brew McB not the answers.
Agree we have so much of the ball with no threat upfront but imo we are only a gnats from a good team , once Slav gets a decent wide man (or 2)and a Mitrovic equivalent we will fly up the league !

hopefully the prince will fund this in January 🤔

Honestly what logical explanation does Slav have to play Brewster over N'Diaye. Idc if he cost £23m. I also want to see RND over that waste of space Stevens. I'm sick of other managers saying 'They'll be up there at end of season'. No we f*cking wont. This team is woeful. Why have we sent out a 6'4 CB out on loan. Inexperience is not an excuse. Blood more youngsters into this team as they're the only ones without a losing mentality and who will actually try and make things happen
Like Jebbison that can’t get a game in league one , the youngsters we have are not the answer in any shape or form

Back
Top Bottom