My take ....

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

pommpey

THE FUTURE ... AS IT USED TO BE
Reaction score
Another poor, disconnected and frankly incompetent performance from United. I did think it might be possibly nice if we did to Forest what most teams have done to us and went one up and just managed the game out. Sure, we got a goal we barely deserved but simply switched the fuck off against a practically threatless opposition and chucked two points away. How the fuck Lewis Grabban, a known scorer against us, gets so much damned time in the six yard box is beyond me. It's simply sickening. Anyone who said last year, when we faced our doom and the humiliation of relegation, that this team would be comfortably above the Championship level and we'd be HMS Piss the League needs to get a fucking hot bath and take their heads for a shit. You know who you are. As said, on tonight's showing, it's difficult to understand how we were so good with players like Enda Stevens, Oliver Norwood, John Fleck and then augmented that with more piss poor, expensive and talentless signings.

First ten was typical, attack, get at them and Forest just gave us acres of space and time, knowing we'd never score. Nothing worked and if it seemed to you could rely on Brewster volleying it into the stand when testing the keeper might be an idea. After that it was academic, unentertaining grifting from twenty two pretty bang average ball kickers. MGW looked promising as did the returning Basham, but two out of eleven isn't a good percentage of performance. When Mousset finally did his usual hour and we brought players on, it improved and we got a goal we never asked for (although well done Billy and MGW) but did anyone think we'd manage that lead out to the end? Me neither. We could have even lost it and it wouldn't have surprised me.

Across the park we look clueless and inept, from front to back. The back four even with Basham in it still looks unsolid. The midfield is still flagging even when we play 4-1-4-1 or 4-2-3-1, or 4-4-1-1 (we flirted with al of these) It seems to me Slav is simply chucking the bones up in the air and going with where they land with a squad full of misfits and way-past-its. No idea what the fuck he's gonna do for Blackburn, but playing the U23s looks like a viable option.

Olsen 5/10: Still not convinced.
Bogle 4/10: Looks like a shadow of the attacking promise he used to be.
Basham 7/10: Great to see him back. Composed on the ball, willing to move it up the pitch and obviously better than Davies or C3PO, even if he has displaced
Egan 5/10: into an unfavoured LCB role. He looked more at ease tonight with a more competent CB next to him but that ball over the top to Grabban should have been his. He was way out of position
Stevens 2/10: Needs dropping. I used to rate Stevens but now he has just lost his ability to play effective football and is our weak link
Norwood 6/10: Much better game from him. No Hollywood, better passing and more time on the ball, even if it was because Forest didn't press us until the second half
Fleck 2/10: Really, really didn't see him playing. If he did get on the ball he looked geriatric and poor
Osborn 4/10: Poor game from him. Usual energy but he's like many midfielders we have had before him who make loads of foam kicking their legs but they don't move down the swimming pool
MGW: 6.5/10: Well taken goal and better in the later stages but whatever he does, it leaves everyone mystified as to how they can help him. Which is stupidity.
Brewster 2/10: He genuinely looks like our Ali Dia now. Only we paid £23m for him. Klopp must be pissing himself pissless.
Mousset 3/10: Two goals against Bahnselh and that's your lot. Tonight he was anonymous

Sharp 4/10: Plenty to give and good assist. But the rest was just hustle and bustle
Hourihane 1/10: About as much use as Anne Frank's trumpet
Ndaiye 5/10: Brought on too late to be effective to be honest. Should have come on at HT

Slav 5/10: Poor fucker.

pommpey

• Banned
Another poor, disconnected and frankly incompetent performance from United. I did think it might be possibly nice if we did to Forest what most teams have done to us and went one up and just managed the game out. Sure, we got a goal we barely deserved but simply switched the fuck off against a practically threatless opposition and chucked two points away. How the fuck Lewis Grabban, a known scorer against us, gets so much damned time in the six yard box is beyond me. It's simply sickening. Anyone who said last year, when we faced our doom and the humiliation of relegation, that this team would be comfortably above the Championship level and we'd be HMS Piss the League needs to get a fucking hot bath and take their heads for a shit. You know who you are. As said, on tonight's showing, it's difficult to understand how we were so good with players like Enda Stevens, Oliver Norwood, John Fleck and then augmented that with more piss poor, expensive and talentless signings.

First ten was typical, attack, get at them and Forest just gave us acres of space and time, knowing we'd never score. Nothing worked and if it seemed to you could rely on Brewster volleying it into the stand when testing the keeper might be an idea. After that it was academic, unentertaining grifting from twenty two pretty bang average ball kickers. MGW looked promising as did the returning Basham, but two out of eleven isn't a good percentage of performance. When Mousset finally did his usual hour and we brought players on, it improved and we got a goal we never asked for (although well done Billy and MGW) but did anyone think we'd manage that lead out to the end? Me neither. We could have even lost it and it wouldn't have surprised me.

Across the park we look clueless and inept, from front to back. The back four even with Basham in it still looks unsolid. The midfield is still flagging even when we play 4-1-4-1 or 4-2-3-1, or 4-4-1-1 (we flirted with al of these) It seems to me Slav is simply chucking the bones up in the air and going with where they land with a squad full of misfits and way-past-its. No idea what the fuck he's gonna do for Blackburn, but playing the U23s looks like a viable option.

Basham 7/10: Great to see him back. Composed on the ball, willing to move it up the pitch and obviously better than Davies or C3PO, even if he has displaced
Egan 5/10: into an unfavoured LCB role. He looked more at ease tonight with a more competent CB next to him but that ball over the top to Grabban should have been his. He was way out of position
Stevens 2/10: Needs dropping. I used to rate Stevens but now he has just lost his ability to play effective football and is our weak link
Norwood 6/10: Much better game from him. No Hollywood, better passing and more time on the ball, even if it was because Forest didn't press us until the second half
Fleck 2/10: Really, really didn't see him playing. If he did get on the ball he looked geriatric and poor
Osborn 4/10: Poor game from him. Usual energy but he's like many midfielders we have had before him who make loads of foam kicking their legs but they don't move down the swimming pool
MGW: 6.5/10: Well taken goal and better in the later stages but whatever he does, it leaves everyone mystified as to how they can help him. Which is stupidity.
Brewster 2/10: He genuinely looks like our Ali Dia now. Only we paid £23m for him. Klopp must be pissing himself pissless.
Mousset 3/10: Two goals against Bahnselh and that's your lot. Tonight he was anonymous

Sharp 4/10: Plenty to give and good assist. But the rest was just hustle and bustle
Ndaiye 5/10: Brought on too late to be effective to be honest. Should have come on at HT

pommpey
Tenth

pommpey

pommpey
Billy got the same rating as Osborn and less than Ndiaye? Come on Pommps! Ndiaye barely touched it and that was Osborns worst game in a Blades shirt.

Billy set the goal up, won a corner and a great position for a free kick with great hold up play that we duly fucked up.

Spot on Pompney
For all the supporters urging for the return of Brewster, they got their answer.
As for Mousset, the small Window of opportunity to ship him out on loan after the Barnsley game, has gone.
And why on earth has Basham not been playing?

pommpey
Pretty happy with your ratings there,

At first i thought you were going to give Norwood a poor mark but thought we was ok in a team full of flops.

Nice report, cheers pommpey

Hold on Pomppey.. you've just given Norwood a 6... I think we're converting you. 😊
Not seen the game, so can't really comment, but from the commentary it didn't sound great, but I'll take the point and hope for improvement v Blackburn.

First half was all us, ball was hardly ever out of their half.

The problem is, the longer the game goes on, and we haven't scored, you can feel the panic setting in.

Billy's assist was great, had his head up, knew where MGW was, and played it to his feet, just in front, and bang, it's in.

If only we could defend.

From my view in the ground;

Olsen 5/10
Bogle 5/10
Stevens 5/10
Basham 7/10
Egan 5/10
Norwood 7/10
Fleck 5/10
MGW 7/10
Osborn 5/10
Brewster 5/10
Mousse 3/10

Billy 7/10

Overall we were better than Forest who apart from last 10 were really average. We controlled large parts and looked comfortable, but and it's a big but, we are toothless and if you don't score one flaw and we are screwed, and it's happened again. Once Slav gets a prolific scorer we will be OK. Moose Brew McB not the answers.

My take is that punchy without Judy hasn’t a clue
But he can certainly write an interesting story
Norwood our best player tonight
Basham just behind
They both made 1 bad pass each
Fleck should retire
Stephen’s should receive some ECT something not right with him
Egan not the Egan we had previous
White tried but as with Norwood they both had to make up for flecks fledgling display
Osborn tonight you saw the real Osborn still running still looking like he wants it but hasn’t an ounce of football brain and technique in him
Brewster lost for words
Moooose no supply and isolated
Olsen had nowt to do one bad pass out
Bit iffy with his six yard box isn’t he ?
Subs who gives a toss
Manager - must be a mug - who’d want to manage this crew of misfits anyway ?

My take is that punchy without Judy hasn’t a clue
But he can certainly write an interesting story
Norwood our best player tonight
Basham just behind
They both made 1 bad pass each
Fleck should retire
Stephen’s should receive some ECT something not right with him
Egan not the Egan we had previous
White tried but as with Norwood they both had to make up for flecks fledgling display
Osborn tonight you saw the real Osborn still running still looking like he wants it but hasn’t an ounce of football brain and technique in him
Brewster lost for words
Moooose no supply and isolated
Olsen had nowt to do one bad pass out
Bit iffy with his six yard box isn’t he ?
Subs who gives a toss
Manager - must be a mug - who’d want to manage this crew of misfits anyway ?
Spot on ,I had to think who White was for a minute ,the man has too many names. How the fucking hell has Basham not been used ?

£23m striker who can't finish a fish supper , £10m striker who can't walk slowly around for more than 60 minutes , defenders who can't defend , little Jimmy Fleck marking their tall striker at every corner & set piece (comedy) , 2 midfielders who couldn't match my Grandad & Grandma in an egg & spoon race , a manager that thinks it's a good idea to put Hourihane on for literally 1 minute .......... we are a joke club and yet we are taking 4,700 to Ewood on Saturday.
The team & coaching staff should hang their heads in shame but in modern football , they'll just draw their obscene wages without a second thought.
I'm 63.
I've followed dem Blades up hill & down dale for 54 years.
I've more fire in my belly than the whole playing staff put together.
It's about time I saw it for what it is and found a sport where the actual professionals cared as much as the fans.

A mid table game if ever you saw one , 2 teams not lacking in endeavour but desperately lacking in quality. We had better of the first half Forest the second .scored when we really didn’t deserve it but obviously couldn’t see it out with a clean sheet .. again .. Basham marked his return with a excellent display with a mention in dispatches for Norwood .

Back
Top Bottom