My take ...

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Stay the fuck out; when did I ever say that?

Your bat, your ball and they are clearly on the way back to your house.

Grow up.
My bat and ball are indeed on their way back if you want to play rugby or darts or summat.

Mind you, it's what you do, coco. You've nowt much more to offer in threads like these.

pommpey

My bat and ball are indeed on their way back if you want to play rugby or darts or summat.

Mind you, it's what you do, coco. You've nowt much more to offer in threads like these.

pommpey

Threads like these? Heaping bile on the same old suspects such as Norwood, McBurnie? No, I've nothing to offer on that score.

I've just listened to Roygbiv and Beans latest POD

Oddly enough, a pair of well respected Blades with no axe to grind, seem to disagree with you somewhat, regarding our Ollie. Even talk of MoTM.

Still taking the piss out of our players and deriding anything positive that they do, gets more 'likes' doesn't it?

Off for now but don't worry, I'm like the proverbial bad penny.

Ooooh. Spiked there metal. Don't think I have mentioned fishing much in 'My take ... ' let alone synthpop so not really sure why you have your pom-poms out on that matter regarding predictability. However when it comes to predictability and Norwood we are in a different matter, as evidenced.

We disagree regarding making of players, Sixty odd passes which terminated in nothing doesn't make him MotM for me, especially when Osborn still shows he has fire in his belly and Baldock is still adapting to a new role of RB rather than RWB and showed mettle against two or three tricky opponents. Can't say Norwood won much of the midfield battles to be honest. He does tend to get rid more quickly than carry, even if there is space in front of him to exploit. And yes, maybe the wingers, full backs do need to be moving into space behind to have Norwood find them rather than receive on the defending side of a ping. As said, when Norwood's pings used to work we were playing a true 3-5-2 with Jack and Bash moving up past the WBs to progress the move. With Slav's 4-2-3-1 any wide ball has limitations and the inside channels through MGW, Osborn and Ndaiye are more the route, even if Osborn isn't a natural AM.

McBurnie? Hope you caught that late cross into the kop end box from wide right which was intercepted by both DCFC CBs and McBurnie two yards behind leaping like a salmon at fresh air. That. I truly want McBurnie (and Brewster, in fact) to come of age and grab two goals in a match and keep some momentum going. But last week we had Egan do that, and Billy himself, so I'm not exactly sure what solution is in place for our blank firing centre forward. Do you?

pommpey

Not sure what your next gig and fishing have to do with your take on the match maybe you were not getting enough bites 🎣 there are other sections on the forum for those type of posts. Regarding the predictable bit we know McBurnie will get a low mark and Norwood will be slated but doing so while marking Norwood higher than Fleck or MGW takes it to a whole new level of singling the guy out.

Norwood seems to be very much a “marmite” player. Can anyone confirm how many chances he has created this season?

Not sure what your next gig and fishing have to do with your take on the match maybe you were not getting enough bites 🎣 there are other sections on the forum for those type of posts. Regarding the predictable bit we know McBurnie will get a low mark and Norwood will be slated but doing so while marking Norwood higher than Fleck or MGW takes it to a whole new level of singling the guy out.

Well, I trust you police every other posters' threads for similar inappropriate content too?

Or are you 'singling me out'?

pommpey

I reckon if that's what you're seeing you need to give your screen a wobble. Any balls played forward against Derby were gobbled up by Davies and Jagielka. The proverbial meat and drink. Norwood's passing to wide players was our best way to combat that. Times plenty Osborn recieved the ball with acres to gallop into and his first thought is usually to check back and go sideways. Norwood's fault? Maybe, just maybe, the answer would be to get a winger in.
Maybe don't launch long balls against them then? I was screwing when we continued to pump long ball after long ball towards them. They have the turning circle of the titanic. Get the ball sprayed forward on the ground.

Threads like these? Heaping bile on the same old suspects such as Norwood, McBurnie? No, I've nothing to offer on that score.

It's 'bile' is it? Okay. I'll fluff them up next 'My take ... '. That make things better for you?

I've just listened to Roygbiv and Beans latest POD

Oddly enough, a pair of well respected Blades with no axe to grind, seem to disagree with you somewhat, regarding our Ollie. Even talk of MoTM.

Good. It shows they have a point of view about the game and can look at things objectively, without being cunts to other posters or other bloggers. For that, and for the fact they actually spend their time producing their ever-excellent stuff instead of pursuing pointless vendettas because they themselves personalise and internalise postings on a messageboard about players they don't know, they'll always get my respect.

You, however ...

Still taking the piss out of our players and deriding anything positive that they do, gets more 'likes' doesn't it?

I don't know. It seems to be you counting the 'likes', not me. Whilst I appreciate them and they indicate people have the same point of view, it doesn't really mean they like me. Tell me you understand that, yeah? Please?

Off for now but don't worry, I'm like the proverbial bad penny.

And as ever, when you come back, I'll serve you your arse again and make you look like the small minded forum tool you strive hard to look like.

Au revior

pommpey

Zero. Pommpey said so. On Saturday, his passing led to "fuck all" (if you don't count the one that led to a red card).

You're not reading this, are you Geordie?

When talking about his pings to the wings, it leads to fuck all. When he tries the inside channels, there is evidently more threat on goal.

Ergo: stop smacking it across the pitch to what he thinks are wingbacks whereby it stops, goes backwards and over the other side, and try the inside channels to Sharp, Ndaiye and MGW

I really hope this clears things up, because I now tire of explaining it over and over again to posters who seem a little 'slow'.

pommpey

Norwood seems to be very much a “marmite” player. Can anyone confirm how many chances he has created this season?
About the same as Coutts used to create ,he isnt that player ,he is the one who creates in the first place the assist should be the wide mans or the strike partner.
How many overhead bicycle kicks has Egan scored with so far ,can you confirm ?

About the same as Coutts used to create ,he isnt that player ,he is the one who creates in the first place the assist should be the wide mans or the strike partner.
How many overhead bicycle kicks has Egan scored with so far ,can you confirm ?

Egan has scored one more goal than McBurnie this season and two more than Brewster, just to put that in context.

Coutts worked well with a very progressive, creative midfield which both grafted hard to dispossess, deny space and outplay oppositions and outpass in moves forward through the centre of the park. Goals came but they were either at the end of superb passing sequences onto the head or feet of Leon or Billy or sometimes Freeman K would pop up out of nowhere at the back stick. No Hollywood balls to closed down outliers. Just possession and passing.

Y'know. Stuff we struggle to do right now.

pommpey

First game this season, and the great view from BL Upper. Thoughts...

Davies reads it well, impressed with him. My MOTM

Derby came to stifle. Forwards dropped off to limit balls into MGW and Ndiaye. Berge picking it up and going pass players would've been useful. The space was wide but they shuffled the midfield well to close it down.

Fleck was generally too deep for how they set up. This got changed a bit 2nd half.

Olsen tipped that chance onto the post at the end, so he needs a bit extra pommpey

Olsen tipped that chance onto the post at the end, so he needs a bit extra pommpey
I honestly thought it came off Egans studs and past Olsen onto the post. Only the merest of touches but enough to deny them a goal. Pommpey will be able to tell you, much clearer on the tele.

You're not reading this, are you Geordie?

When talking about his pings to the wings, it leads to fuck all. When he tries the inside channels, there is evidently more threat on goal.

Ergo: stop smacking it across the pitch to what he thinks are wingbacks whereby it stops, goes backwards and over the other side, and try the inside channels to Sharp, Ndaiye and MGW

I really hope this clears things up, because I now tire of explaining it over and over again to posters who seem a little 'slow'.

pommpey

You make it sound 'simple'.

I'll tell you what I'll not bother commenting on these threads you obviously can't handle it if people don't 100% agree with you

Breaks my heart.

This from someone criticising a poster criticising a player and disagreeing with that criticism.

Then picking that poster up for adding a couple of non sequitur items into the thread, whilst posting non sequitur items and suggesting an agenda, whilst illustrating he himself has an agenda.

Metal, you've been great to know. Don't trap your fingers in the door.

pommpey

(ps: he'll be back. They always do. Just watch)

Back
Top Bottom