My take ...

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I must have watched a different game last night, fleck was more in Jimmy mode ie hiding, passing ball as soon as he got it etc, I think it's pathetic he needs 2 young lads to get him to play, what annoys me is he is defo a bottom/middle prem player but when he can be arsed, I excuse Norwood because he's limited to the ping n that's about it, h can ping it 40 yards but often fooks up a simple 5 yard pass

This and Pomps comments are spot on thought exactly the same. Shows more sometimes when Ndiaye goes off. Seems to come more from Fleck>Norwood>Baldock. Would love to see Fleck and Norwood replaced by Conor and Goudi Goudi wotsit the new guy. Prob wont happen till a cup match.

Biggest points for me if you look at the attacking end was Freeman missing a sitter and Fleck not side passing to Brewster who had about half the open goal to just tap it in he would not have missed and we would all be cheering a brilliant 4-2 win (which yes should have been 4-1, no 4-0 :) )

We've had a very positive showing against a poor side, a somewhat positive showing against a tougher side it shows we have a long way to go but at least we are heading in the upwards direction on the table. Bit more patience and looks like we might be up there. Fingers and toes crossed.

Oh and just remembered the one Fleck missed....... :D

Watched it again last night, when I got home, on youtube, it took more effort to miss than put it in the net!

Robinson 2/10: Ran ragged by Johnson and Riis. Oil running down his golden casing. His servos whirring and overhearing and his eyes flashing. We need to sell the fucker to the Jawas for fifty Imperial credits or summat.

😂 😂 😂 😂 😂

More like we'd have to pay the jawas 50 credits to take him off our hands
And then they'd probably want a tit wank off princess laya in THAT outfit and we'd still be having their pants down!

More like we'd have to pay the jawas 50 credits to take him off our hands
And then they'd probably want a tit wank off princess laya in THAT outfit and we'd still be having their pants down!

Carrie Fisher reached maximum fuckability in that outfit.

She was as fit as fuck.

pommpey

An "okay" performance that didn't hit the heights of Saturday a few were probably expecting.
A point each was a fair result but disappointed we couldn't hold out to pinch the win.
I think they were a little bit too physical (not dirty by any means) for us and some may have been a little intimidated hence needlessly giving the ball away too often.
Not dirty? That first half it was obvious they were how can I say it a bit industrious in their approach and that challenge on norwood looks worse every time I see it!

After Robbo has succumbed to your chain-yank + disappeared down the tubes , who's your choice from powderpuff Davies , young Lopata , lightweight Bash , defensive headed clearance McBurnie or the mean looking free-agent DM fecker we just signed ?
Or do we ask yet another LB Enda to try being a CB in a duo ?
I think Lopata for some height & muscle but what about you Pompey ?

After Robbo has succumbed to your chain-yank + disappeared down the tubes , who's your choice from powderpuff Davies , young Lopata , lightweight Bash , defensive headed clearance McBurnie or the mean looking free-agent DM fecker we just signed ?
Or do we ask yet another LB Enda to try being a CB in a duo ?
I think Lopata for some height & muscle but what about you Pompey ?

I've not seen Lopata play, but from the sound of him he is a bit raw, but capable. The only way to tell is to give him game time.

Face it. Basham, out of position and in an unfavoured back four, a still-rusty (rather than 'powderpuff') Davies and even Oliver fucking Burke is a better choice at LCB than the hapless and hopeless Jack Robinson.

I now actually feel sorry for the bloke to be honest. He is a misplaced player who just wants to earn his dosh playing footy professionally. But he has no place in an ambitious team down on it's luck and with a fanbase which has endured a shitload of substandard shite for too long. He is error prone and all teams who play against us now are going target him because of his frailties. We haven't the time now to evaluate and coach out the problems he has at this level, he needs dropping, loaning out and letting go when his contract expires and us to mark up another Wilder fuck up in the market.

One person Wilder released was Richard Stearman. Even with his lack of nimbleness and occasional propensity to make a fuck up, he'd be selected above C3PO in my team.

pommpey

It's not really that. I frequently disagree with your ratings but can see how you might have arrived at them. It seems with Norwood that his ratings come from some preconception rather than his actual performances.

And you're wrong. Many, strangely agree with me (this after spending a long time trying to highlight it) that Norwood is a one-trick, crowd pleasy showpony, who is easily robbed and shut down in midfield, aims pointless long balls to the flanks which simply end up coming backwards or he lacks any 'bite' as a central midfielder in either going forward or defending. That's no 'preconception'. He has a poor score on assists and last scored a goal for us a long, long time ago. So with such a dismal input into our playing creativity, why do you think I have 'preconceptions'? If you have data to counter that, let's see it.

pommpey

And you're wrong. Many, strangely agree with me (this after spending a long time trying to highlight it) that Norwood is a one-trick, crowd pleasy showpony, who is easily robbed and shut down in midfield, aims pointless long balls to the flanks which simply end up coming backwards or he lacks any 'bite' as a central midfielder in either going forward or defending. That's no 'preconception'. He has a poor score on assists and last scored a goal for us a long, long time ago. So with such a dismal input into our playing creativity, why do you think I have 'preconceptions'? If you have data to counter that, let's see it.

pommpey
Fair enough. I have no data to counter. None of our players have satisfactory numbers of assists or goals for quite a while.

Cheap dig at Wilder: Check
Scoring Norwood on your personal dislike of him rather than his performance: Check

Plus 6.5 for RND?? I really rate him but he was a 4/10 at best last night. He got caught out of position for the first goal and about 3 or 4 other times last night. Plus he seemed really reluctant to get forward until about 10 minutes from the end.

Re: Wilder - and? Are we not in this situation, lumbered with the likes of Robinson (amongst other we could discuss) and currently underperforming because of him?

And no. I don't have a personal dislike of him. I don't know Oliver Norwood personally. I don't rate hi as a midfielder for our team mind. There is a difference.

Now, dry your eyes and run your dummy under the tap.

pommpey

Agree with most of it Pommpey. But think you were over generous to our young starlets. Both showed periods of class and excitement but were also out of the game for long periods.

We are a long way yet from where I would like us to be as a team. We definitely are improving going forward and have seen more variety and creativity in our attacking play. Defensively it is apparent what the gaps are and have been discussed enough.

One aspect that worries me after last nights game was a lack of physicality in midfield. There are some big teams in this division and there are times when the flair players maybe off form a bit and you need to dig in and compete physically. I am not sure who is capable of stepping up to the mark on that one.

Jesus. Warnock once said on a radio interview after the Leeds at home victory, "If we're gonna do it, we'll do it the hard way, eh?"

Tonight was that. After a pretty groundbreaking destruction of Peterborough on Saturday (save for two fuck ups), a result should have been on the cards tonight. When Berge banged in our second I thought, 'Yes! We've fucking done it! Now ... onwards ... beat Hull and it's nine from three and us on the doorstep to the top ... '

Then I remembered who the fuck I was supporting.

Like Brighton last year, we give away a free kick in the dying moments and fail abysmally to clear the fucking thing and the opposition take two points off us. As soon as Billy fouled the player I am sure we all thought, 'It couldn't happen again, could it?' Of course it fucking could. Two more points tonight would have put us twelfth or so, drawing clear of the trapdoor and ignominy. Another three against Hull on Saturday and we are tucked up favourably behind the pack and ready to up our pace mid to late season for at least the playoffs.

So what about the game? To me we still have a couple of yanks on the chain before the floaty bits of Chris Wilder which have been defiantly bobbing back up finally fuck off round the U-Bend. Tonight we still wanted to pass the ball to Norwood who still wanted to smack it to George or RND who still ended up boxed in, in the crossing zone. Back it comes, tippy tappy triangles and we are either up the other wing or we lose it and they are on the break. This has been going on for months and months now, and I doubt we've scored much from it. But it all starts with Norwood being this mercurial 'pivot', one so predictable now that opposition teams are actually yawning now as they send three players out wide to halt anything coming up the touchline. The ball hardly gets crossed successfully these days anyway from these regions yet still our core game is based on this tactic. Yet once it drifts inside to MGW or Ndaiye, they are heading toward goal, in a threatening manner. We are seemingly caught between two conflicting systems. Wilderball, which is dyed in on 60% of the team, and Slavball, which is based on his recent signings.

Great start for us though tonight. Well taken goal by the bright spark that is Gibbs-White who shows some pleasing attributes of talent. It was well worked too but fuck me we have that grab a goal/give a goal in us still, don't we? We did it against Peterborough and we did it tonight. I have some muted sympathy for C3PO. He is playing to the maximum of his ability but it isn't enough and once again he must be driving back tonight from Bramall Lane conscious that unforgiving supporters like me want him out. But c'mon. The last decade has seen a parade of liabilities in McEveley, Collins and Nosworthy, so why should he escape censure? He was fucking bobbins tonight for much of the game and did cost is the points we should have had, and for that, he is and should be history now. Seeing him even on the bench as an option on Saturday would be fucking ridiculous.

The rest of the game though was huff and puff, wasn't it? We really should have been home and hosed, and had a firm grip on what was, once again, a fairly unimpressive PNE side. The more we huffed though, the less we looked like fucking scoring, despite rare forays by MGW and Ndaiye as they watched it pushed out wide. Good pressing and passing got Berge the goal his performance deserved, but what the fuck are we doing allowing PNE to pump it into the box and ball watch it into the back of the BL goal?

Unforgivable.

Olsen 6/10: Some good interceptions and stops. Partially to blame for their first but he has Robinson playing in front of him and the only way he can counter for that doofus is to play three metres behind him, just in case his restraining bolt fails or summat
Baldock 6.5/10: Decent, if unproductive outing for Furious. Up to his usual combative self, rough and tumble antics but settling into the Right Back role
Egan 6/10: Trying to cover for a multitude of potential fuck ups and failures around him and again, trying to settle into the new backline system
Robinson 2/10: Ran ragged by Johnson and Riis. Oil running down his golden casing. His servos whirring and overhearing and his eyes flashing. We need to sell the fucker to the Jawas for fifty Imperial credits or summat.
RND 6.5/10: Made some interesting if unsuccessful forays up the left flank trying to beat his man. Was largely in the right place but like Baldock, doesn't get the early cross into the area where Billy makes his mark.
Freeman 7/10: Like this bloke now. Okay, some of his ideas are read easily but he then makes great efforts to sin it back and stay in the game
Norwood 5/10: A middling performance from Norwood. Some of his ground passes were excellent, but then he fucking ruins it with a pointless punt to the wings which has, once again, to come backwards. Ollie - here's a hint: just in front of you are two fairly well-skilled attacking midfielders who will latch onto one of your well-placed balls on the deck, and run on to threaten their goal. Try fucking running into the space in front of you as well. Leave the demonstration stuff for the park, eh?
Fleck 6.5/10: John is still there, thank fuck. Loses a whole point for the one-on-one miss though
Ndaiye 8.5/10: Another good outing from him. Intelligent runs but sometimes beaten in possession but fuck me has he got style, determination and skill? Not sure what the recurring injury stuff is and the conditioning team need to work on him to make sure he's good for 100 minutes because our side looks poor without him
Gibbs-White 9/10: Again, stellar stuff from this kid. My fear is that Wolves will want him back at some time and players like Freeman or Osborn won't have the potatoes to fill his role. Brilliantly taken goal. Who needs tens of millions spent on McBurnie and Brewster?
Sharp 8/10: Makes a change our frontline getting high marks, doesn't it? Sharp has recently attracted 4s, 5s and maybe 6s simply because those playing around him or behind him give him fuck all to do. Tonight he was busy as fuck, keeping their back three occupied and doing more off the ball than can be described. Shame he missed his header, for which he loses half a mark.

Berge 7/10: At last starting to show some potential with impressive drops of the shoulder and breezing past tired players. Great goal, well taken and well deserved.
Brewster 5/10: Not much for him to get involved in and maybe with more time could have had better effect. He does still seem to be watching and learning, rather than getting on with the task of carving out chances
Hourihane 5/10: Still haven't seen the best from this bloke and maybe should be in from the start next game for Norwood if just to change the narrative of our play

We need to beat Hull, who seem to be in freefall at the moment. Tonight was an avoidable setback to our direction of motion after a convincing performance against Peterborough.

pommpey
Jesus. Warnock once said on a radio interview after the Leeds at home victory, "If we're gonna do it, we'll do it the hard way, eh?"

Tonight was that. After a pretty groundbreaking destruction of Peterborough on Saturday (save for two fuck ups), a result should have been on the cards tonight. When Berge banged in our second I thought, 'Yes! We've fucking done it! Now ... onwards ... beat Hull and it's nine from three and us on the doorstep to the top ... '

Then I remembered who the fuck I was supporting.

Like Brighton last year, we give away a free kick in the dying moments and fail abysmally to clear the fucking thing and the opposition take two points off us. As soon as Billy fouled the player I am sure we all thought, 'It couldn't happen again, could it?' Of course it fucking could. Two more points tonight would have put us twelfth or so, drawing clear of the trapdoor and ignominy. Another three against Hull on Saturday and we are tucked up favourably behind the pack and ready to up our pace mid to late season for at least the playoffs.

So what about the game? To me we still have a couple of yanks on the chain before the floaty bits of Chris Wilder which have been defiantly bobbing back up finally fuck off round the U-Bend. Tonight we still wanted to pass the ball to Norwood who still wanted to smack it to George or RND who still ended up boxed in, in the crossing zone. Back it comes, tippy tappy triangles and we are either up the other wing or we lose it and they are on the break. This has been going on for months and months now, and I doubt we've scored much from it. But it all starts with Norwood being this mercurial 'pivot', one so predictable now that opposition teams are actually yawning now as they send three players out wide to halt anything coming up the touchline. The ball hardly gets crossed successfully these days anyway from these regions yet still our core game is based on this tactic. Yet once it drifts inside to MGW or Ndaiye, they are heading toward goal, in a threatening manner. We are seemingly caught between two conflicting systems. Wilderball, which is dyed in on 60% of the team, and Slavball, which is based on his recent signings.

Great start for us though tonight. Well taken goal by the bright spark that is Gibbs-White who shows some pleasing attributes of talent. It was well worked too but fuck me we have that grab a goal/give a goal in us still, don't we? We did it against Peterborough and we did it tonight. I have some muted sympathy for C3PO. He is playing to the maximum of his ability but it isn't enough and once again he must be driving back tonight from Bramall Lane conscious that unforgiving supporters like me want him out. But c'mon. The last decade has seen a parade of liabilities in McEveley, Collins and Nosworthy, so why should he escape censure? He was fucking bobbins tonight for much of the game and did cost is the points we should have had, and for that, he is and should be history now. Seeing him even on the bench as an option on Saturday would be fucking ridiculous.

The rest of the game though was huff and puff, wasn't it? We really should have been home and hosed, and had a firm grip on what was, once again, a fairly unimpressive PNE side. The more we huffed though, the less we looked like fucking scoring, despite rare forays by MGW and Ndaiye as they watched it pushed out wide. Good pressing and passing got Berge the goal his performance deserved, but what the fuck are we doing allowing PNE to pump it into the box and ball watch it into the back of the BL goal?

Unforgivable.

Olsen 6/10: Some good interceptions and stops. Partially to blame for their first but he has Robinson playing in front of him and the only way he can counter for that doofus is to play three metres behind him, just in case his restraining bolt fails or summat
Baldock 6.5/10: Decent, if unproductive outing for Furious. Up to his usual combative self, rough and tumble antics but settling into the Right Back role
Egan 6/10: Trying to cover for a multitude of potential fuck ups and failures around him and again, trying to settle into the new backline system
RND 6.5/10: Made some interesting if unsuccessful forays up the left flank trying to beat his man. Was largely in the right place but like Baldock, doesn't get the early cross into the area where Billy makes his mark.
Freeman 7/10: Like this bloke now. Okay, some of his ideas are read easily but he then makes great efforts to sin it back and stay in the game
Norwood 5/10: A middling performance from Norwood. Some of his ground passes were excellent, but then he fucking ruins it with a pointless punt to the wings which has, once again, to come backwards. Ollie - here's a hint: just in front of you are two fairly well-skilled attacking midfielders who will latch onto one of your well-placed balls on the deck, and run on to threaten their goal. Try fucking running into the space in front of you as well. Leave the demonstration stuff for the park, eh?
Fleck 6.5/10: John is still there, thank fuck. Loses a whole point for the one-on-one miss though
Ndaiye 8.5/10: Another good outing from him. Intelligent runs but sometimes beaten in possession but fuck me has he got style, determination and skill? Not sure what the recurring injury stuff is and the conditioning team need to work on him to make sure he's good for 100 minutes because our side looks poor without him
Gibbs-White 9/10: Again, stellar stuff from this kid. My fear is that Wolves will want him back at some time and players like Freeman or Osborn won't have the potatoes to fill his role. Brilliantly taken goal. Who needs tens of millions spent on McBurnie and Brewster?
Sharp 8/10: Makes a change our frontline getting high marks, doesn't it? Sharp has recently attracted 4s, 5s and maybe 6s simply because those playing around him or behind him give him fuck all to do. Tonight he was busy as fuck, keeping their back three occupied and doing more off the ball than can be described. Shame he missed his header, for which he loses half a mark.

Berge 7/10: At last starting to show some potential with impressive drops of the shoulder and breezing past tired players. Great goal, well taken and well deserved.
Brewster 5/10: Not much for him to get involved in and maybe with more time could have had better effect. He does still seem to be watching and learning, rather than getting on with the task of carving out chances
Hourihane 5/10: Still haven't seen the best from this bloke and maybe should be in from the start next game for Norwood if just to change the narrative of our play

We need to beat Hull, who seem to be in freefall at the moment. Tonight was an avoidable setback to our direction of motion after a convincing performance against Peterborough.

pommpey

"He gave a player who is my scapegoat a mark I disagree with!"

pommpey

When
I've not seen Lopata play, but from the sound of him he is a bit raw, but capable. The only way to tell is to give him game time.

Face it. Basham, out of position and in an unfavoured back four, a still-rusty (rather than 'powderpuff') Davies and even Oliver fucking Burke is a better choice at LCB than the hapless and hopeless Jack Robinson.

I now actually feel sorry for the bloke to be honest. He is a misplaced player who just wants to earn his dosh playing footy professionally. But he has no place in an ambitious team down on it's luck and with a fanbase which has endured a shitload of substandard shite for too long. He is error prone and all teams who play against us now are going target him because of his frailties. We haven't the time now to evaluate and coach out the problems he has at this level, he needs dropping, loaning out and letting go when his contract expires and us to mark up another Wilder fuck up in the market.

One person Wilder released was Richard Stearman. Even with his lack of nimbleness and occasional propensity to make a fuck up, he'd be selected above C3PO in my team.

pommpey
When you add in Burke , that's umpteen options for Slav ahead of Robbo at (L?)CB.
I will defo lose my shit with Slav if he includes Robbo in the squad for Saturday.
Let's hope he doesn't.

pommpey
Robinson 2/10: Ran ragged by Johnson and Riis. Oil running down his golden casing. His servos whirring and overhearing and his eyes flashing. We need to sell the fucker to the Jawas for fifty Imperial credits or summat

Oh my days, made my bloody day with that gem!
And wholeheartedly agree.

Took me sometime to read the rest of Pommpey's report after his description of Robinson, one of funniest things I've read on here.

Back
Top Bottom