My take ...

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Maybe your take should include a warning for foul and abusive language you know a XXX rating so those of a delicate disposition can scroll past, saves you the bother of telling them to fuck off.
You'd think they'd know by now.

Or even post their own shit.

pommpey

Bit of a mixed bag today, wasn't it? We started looking positive, better than last week and pressing Chelsea well, then we just couldn't stop giving the ball away and looking vulnerable and finished the last half hour looking like a draw - or even a win, wouldn't have been undeserved.

That ultra makeshift back three worked fucking hard between them considering none of them would dream they'd finish this season in the quarter finals playing Chelsea in that line up. I think Jags, for his age and given his personal situation, had a fucking great game considering he kept the very capable Giroud under wraps for an hour. The other two main threats Hudson-Adoye and Pulisic were marshalled pretty well by a shared responsibility of Baldock and Bogle and on the other side Osborn (who I thought gave a great account of himself) and Stevens, who was much better than recent weeks.

The midfield was characteristically weak and characteristically undermanned against Chelsea's faster, agile and better passing four man and I wondered just why Hecky didn't go four at the back and put Bogle further up the wing to provide the numbers. From ten minutes in to ten minutes after half time we were critically second best, clumsy, error prone and looking like no one wanted the ball. Certainly the possession stats bore that out with 75/25% ball keeping by their lot who basically made our heads spin playing keep ball for too long periods and denying us any way of turning defence into attack. When we did get up there it was at the cost of having no fucker in the box at all with McPub doing his McPub best to 'leave summat in' (and get play stopped and the advantage to them) or him well out of the crossing zone which happened a few times, us out wide and the crosser looking up to see no pink shirts to hit in the box. Norwood was his level best again, damned bad luck but a stupid decision to lunge for a ball going wide or simply playing a careless, stupid ball across the penalty area for them to almost score from.

But sometime in the second half for some reason we rolled our sleeves up and decided to play proper footy, making good excursions down each flank at last and starting to put Chelsea under the pressure they fucking well deserved to be put under. When we did this and actually passed to each other ... yeah ... that's right ... passed to each other in space and actually took opposition players on ... we looked capable. Lunny may not have tron any trees up in both halves but his cross onto Didsy's nut was a fucking pearler and only Didsy himself will know why he didn't nut that in. Funnily enough, I did this match last night on FIFA21 and got wide, sent in a cross and Didsy got square onto it for his hat-trick. This afternoon I leapt out of my seat with a 'FUCK!' and finished it with a 'ING HELL!' As Alan Hanson would glibly say, "Ach, yev jest got tae score them."

But we're out now - by hook or by crook even if we'd have gone to extra time or penalties you know luck wouldn't be in our favour and it would have gone down to Ramsdale's last spot kick and ... yeah ... you know what would have happened.

Concentrate on relegation now.

Ramsdale 5/10: Looked reasonably comfortable and made some decent claims. Good sav from Norwood's fuck up and no chance with the goals. His distribution today was shit on toast though.
Bogle 6.5/10: Good performance from him. He is the only player amongst the signings I feel content with. Has real potential, but I'd like to see him further up on the wing in a 4-1-3-2 formation
Baldock 6/10: Second outing of Furious in the RCB role and he put himself about on Pulisic a lot. Worked hard.
Jagielka 7/10: For effort. Okay, the back three was a hotch-potch but all three benefitted from his experience and for a long time, seemed to be the only player who looked like he knew how to take the ball off the opposition, and he grafted hard, despite age and his personal situation bearing heavy on his character
Stevens 5/10: Thought he looked improved today after a poor, hesitant start
Osborn 6.5/10: Good outing for Ozzy, even if he was targeted with the lofted pass over his head to Hudson-Odoye a lot. Second half he really got stuck in and tried hard to make openings up the left flank
Lundstram 4/10: His usual, disconnected self. Superb cross for Didsy's header though
Norwood 4.5/10: Quite poor and ineffectual. A few moderately decent passes. Second half - that corner, "C'mon Norwood. Don't hit the first man." Answers on a fucking postcard to:

Oliver Norwood's Setpiece Shitfest
Match of the Day
BBC Television
Wood Green
London
W1 8QT

No later than next Tuesday. Winner gets a kick in the cunt, and if you haven't got a cunt, a cunt will be kicked until verily, a cunt exists.
Own goal too. A fitting end to his season with us.

Fleck 6/10: Best of the midfield really. Worked hard with Osborn on the left side to get anything going
McGoldrick 2/10: Sorry, Didsy. You are a Blades hero at any other time but the 7/10 you should have earned today loses five whole points for that header. It's unforgivable. Yes - I would have scored that fucker. Me. Yes. Fucking too right I would. Couple of tame shouts on goal
McBurnie 4/10: Usual dust-up and fouling, shoving, barging and elbowing sesh from him. Mind you, in fairness, he's never up in the danger area because he's trying to make shit happen elsewhere, like midfield. Had a crack on goal which would have been ace if it had have gone in but, y'know, it didn't.

Burke 3/10: What pace this bloke has. Erm, that's it.
Brewster 4.5/10: Get involved and wants to badly to score. Poor kid.
Mousset; lol

Oh well. It was nice whilst it happened. Another late exit from the cup, before we reach the final, or even goddammit win the fucker, just once in my lifetime.

One thing is for certain, you will always get what you always got if you always do what you always did.

Like getting beaten with 5-3-2.

pommpey
You criticise Norwood for hitting the 1st man from a corner but fail to criticise Fleck for doing exactly the same early on in the 1st half. Norwood is still the best passer of a ball in our squad

You criticise Norwood for hitting the 1st man from a corner but fail to criticise Fleck for doing exactly the same early on in the 1st half. Norwood is still the best passer of a ball in our squad

Yeah. I'd agree with that, had he not been responsible for at least three opposition goals this season and that fucking shitloosening corker in the first half to one of their players on the edge of our box which Ramsdale saved.

And I haven't been counting, but he's hit the first man on the front stick too many times this season. Almost every corner, in fact.

Apart from that, yeah, he's fucking ACE!

pommpey

Bit of a mixed bag today, wasn't it? We started looking positive, better than last week and pressing Chelsea well, then we just couldn't stop giving the ball away and looking vulnerable and finished the last half hour looking like a draw - or even a win, wouldn't have been undeserved.

That ultra makeshift back three worked fucking hard between them considering none of them would dream they'd finish this season in the quarter finals playing Chelsea in that line up. I think Jags, for his age and given his personal situation, had a fucking great game considering he kept the very capable Giroud under wraps for an hour. The other two main threats Hudson-Adoye and Pulisic were marshalled pretty well by a shared responsibility of Baldock and Bogle and on the other side Osborn (who I thought gave a great account of himself) and Stevens, who was much better than recent weeks.

The midfield was characteristically weak and characteristically undermanned against Chelsea's faster, agile and better passing four man and I wondered just why Hecky didn't go four at the back and put Bogle further up the wing to provide the numbers. From ten minutes in to ten minutes after half time we were critically second best, clumsy, error prone and looking like no one wanted the ball. Certainly the possession stats bore that out with 75/25% ball keeping by their lot who basically made our heads spin playing keep ball for too long periods and denying us any way of turning defence into attack. When we did get up there it was at the cost of having no fucker in the box at all with McPub doing his McPub best to 'leave summat in' (and get play stopped and the advantage to them) or him well out of the crossing zone which happened a few times, us out wide and the crosser looking up to see no pink shirts to hit in the box. Norwood was his level best again, damned bad luck but a stupid decision to lunge for a ball going wide or simply playing a careless, stupid ball across the penalty area for them to almost score from.

But sometime in the second half for some reason we rolled our sleeves up and decided to play proper footy, making good excursions down each flank at last and starting to put Chelsea under the pressure they fucking well deserved to be put under. When we did this and actually passed to each other ... yeah ... that's right ... passed to each other in space and actually took opposition players on ... we looked capable. Lunny may not have tron any trees up in both halves but his cross onto Didsy's nut was a fucking pearler and only Didsy himself will know why he didn't nut that in. Funnily enough, I did this match last night on FIFA21 and got wide, sent in a cross and Didsy got square onto it for his hat-trick. This afternoon I leapt out of my seat with a 'FUCK!' and finished it with a 'ING HELL!' As Alan Hanson would glibly say, "Ach, yev jest got tae score them."

But we're out now - by hook or by crook even if we'd have gone to extra time or penalties you know luck wouldn't be in our favour and it would have gone down to Ramsdale's last spot kick and ... yeah ... you know what would have happened.

Ramsdale 5/10: Looked reasonably comfortable and made some decent claims. Good sav from Norwood's fuck up and no chance with the goals. His distribution today was shit on toast though.
Bogle 6.5/10: Good performance from him. He is the only player amongst the signings I feel content with. Has real potential, but I'd like to see him further up on the wing in a 4-1-3-2 formation
Baldock 6/10: Second outing of Furious in the RCB role and he put himself about on Pulisic a lot. Worked hard.
Jagielka 7/10: For effort. Okay, the back three was a hotch-potch but all three benefitted from his experience and for a long time, seemed to be the only player who looked like he knew how to take the ball off the opposition, and he grafted hard, despite age and his personal situation bearing heavy on his character
Osborn 6.5/10: Good outing for Ozzy, even if he was targeted with the lofted pass over his head to Hudson-Odoye a lot. Second half he really got stuck in and tried hard to make openings up the left flank
Lundstram 4/10: His usual, disconnected self. Superb cross for Didsy's header though
Norwood 4.5/10: Quite poor and ineffectual. A few moderately decent passes. Second half - that corner, "C'mon Norwood. Don't hit the first man." Answers on a fucking postcard to:

Match of the Day
BBC Television
Wood Green
London
W1 8QT

No later than next Tuesday. Winner gets a kick in the cunt, and if you haven't got a cunt, a cunt will be kicked until verily, a cunt exists.

Fleck 6/10: Best of the midfield really. Worked hard with Osborn on the left side to get anything going
McGoldrick 2/10: Sorry, Didsy. You are a Blades hero at any other time but the 7/10 you should have earned today loses five whole points for that header. It's unforgivable. Yes - I would have scored that fucker. Me. Yes. Fucking too right I would. Couple of tame shouts on goal
McBurnie 4/10: Usual dust-up and fouling, shoving, barging and elbowing sesh from him. Mind you, in fairness, he's never up in the danger area because he's trying to make shit happen elsewhere, like midfield. Had a crack on goal which would have been ace if it had have gone in but, y'know, it didn't.

Mousset; lol

Oh well. It was nice whilst it happened. Another late exit from the cup, before we reach the final, or even goddammit win the fucker, just once in my lifetime.

One thing is for certain, you will always get what you always got if you always do what you always did.

pommpey
You was generous with Mcburnie the Prem is too much for him see how it goes in his comfort zone The Championship
Burke 3 ! Get him fucked off same with Moose embarrassing

Match of the Day
BBC Television
Wood Green
London
W1 8QT

Mousset; lol

pommpey
Not much to disagree with there, although I only took 2 points off Didsy for, well, you know, as we all must have done the "Fuck...." "...ing hell" thing for The Miss.

And who complained about the amount of "cunts" in here? Don't be soft - the count it well down on the usual.

This was the first game for a very long time that I actually thought there were some parts where we actually competed. There were bits in the second half where we pressed them, and without the usual can't get it in the net issue we didn't look like dead and buried relegation fodder. I thought Osborn looked good and played with some confidence, and John rather than Jimmy Fleck returned.
We lost 2-0 but actually took some heart from this one!

Took the kids for a bike ride after 25 mins so can’t comment after that really.

Glad we put up a bit of a fight but realistically any game is over when we go a goal down.

Understand the sentiment behind the 5 point deduction for McGoldrick but think a 7 is unduly harsh.

Once again we had a synopsis into his career. If he could add goals and a penalty box presence, he's a £40m striker. He typifies all we've been saying about being decent box to box. His touch, movement, link up play, ball control, vision - are all out of this world.

It's just his finishing is atrocious - and if I'm being honest I've still not forgiven for that shit penalty Vrs Mittwoch at the Lane!

What makes me smile at the mo, is him and Burke up at Shirecliffe practicing their finishing! Bet it's a reyt laugh watching them two trying to finish!

I'd be willing to come out of retirement, don the gloves (still in the house somewhere) and stand in goal while they "sharpen" their skills. I wouldn't be worried about my fucked knee as I wouldn't need to move much. In fact I'd probably be able to bugger off to the nearest butty shop and not have to worry.

Yeah. I'd agree with that, had he not been responsible for at least three opposition goals this season and that fucking shitloosening corker in the first half to one of their players on the edge of our box which Ramsdale saved.

And I haven't been counting, but he's hit the first man on the front stick too many times this season. Almost every corner, in fact.

Apart from that, yeah, he's fucking ACE!

pommpey

Fucking appalling and fucking outrageous comments, I’m fucking appalled and fucking outraged....

You cunt..😁

You was generous with Mcburnie the Prem is too much for him see how it goes in his comfort zone The Championship
Burke 3 ! Get him fucked off same with Moose embarrassing
i will be suprised if mcburnie even does it for us in the championship waste of 20m i would sell now for 10m but very much doubt we would even get that for him

Match of the Day
BBC Television
Wood Green
London
W1 8QT

Mousset; lol

pommpey
As usual I totally agree with the majority of your post, however I think that you've mixed up the marks you gave to McGoldrick and McBurnie.
Easy mistake to make as their names are both Mc.......

7/10 Pommpey is obviously a very intelligent pupil but he is prone to lapses of concentration - must try harder 😉

My main pet hate at the moment
Do we train on pitches that are 200 yard's wide.
It's the only reason I can think of for when playing on a normal 80 to 120 yard wide pitch our keeper seems to find touch better than any rugby kicker.
Whenever we launch a long ball the opposition get a throw in on the half way line.
We miss out on so many opportunities to let us have possesion in the opposition half

That frightens the shit out of me

Me too.

Frightens me more that people have this illusion he is any good at anything, bar pointing and giving the ball away.

This season we've seen him caught in possession, squandering crossfield 'pings' straight to the opposition, beaten for pace and wasting setpieces straight onto the melon of the first man. And an own goal today.

Really, really wish I could have some of those specs people wear which makes Oliver Norwood look like Kevin de Bruyne, N'Golo Kante or Teilemans

pommpey

Overhead crane
Forklift truck
3/4 inch Wentworth bolts

Pompey threads may contain these and other industrial language
Whitworth bolts mate. The enemy of any real engineer. I fucking hate them.

Speaking of which, anyone seen that @fitter.mat bloke on tiktok? He's fucking brilliant (as an engineer) and has suitably 'industrial' language to boot. He sounds 'South Yorkshire' too.

pommpey

Me too.

Frightens me more that people have this illusion he is any good at anything, bar pointing and giving the ball away.

This season we've seen him caught in possession, squandering crossfield 'pings' straight to the opposition, beaten for pace and wasting setpieces straight onto the melon of the first man. And an own goal today.

Really, really wish I could have some of those specs people wear which makes Oliver Norwood look like Kevin de Bruyne, N'Golo Kante or Teilemans

pommpey
Never known a player lose possession in critical positions like Norwood

Whitworth bolts mate. The enemy of any real engineer. I fucking hate them.

Speaking of which, anyone seen that @fitter.mat bloke on tiktok? He's fucking brilliant (as an engineer) and has suitably 'industrial' language to boot. He sounds 'South Yorkshire' too.

pommpey
Still got my Whitworth spanners I got as an apprentice, we had some old shit on the railways but I can't ever remember using them much at all. By the late 70's I wasn't using AF spanners either. I ought to weigh them in I don't think I'll be restoring any classic cars.

Match of the Day
BBC Television
Wood Green
London
W1 8QT

Mousset; lol

pommpey
Ramsdale WOULD HAVE SCORED CUS HE HAS NEVER MISSED A PENALTY FOR THE BLADES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom