My take ...

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

pommpey

THE FUTURE ... AS IT USED TO BE
Reaction score
Bit of a mixed bag today, wasn't it? We started looking positive, better than last week and pressing Chelsea well, then we just couldn't stop giving the ball away and looking vulnerable and finished the last half hour looking like a draw - or even a win, wouldn't have been undeserved.

That ultra makeshift back three worked fucking hard between them considering none of them would dream they'd finish this season in the quarter finals playing Chelsea in that line up. I think Jags, for his age and given his personal situation, had a fucking great game considering he kept the very capable Giroud under wraps for an hour. The other two main threats Hudson-Adoye and Pulisic were marshalled pretty well by a shared responsibility of Baldock and Bogle and on the other side Osborn (who I thought gave a great account of himself) and Stevens, who was much better than recent weeks.

The midfield was characteristically weak and characteristically undermanned against Chelsea's faster, agile and better passing four man and I wondered just why Hecky didn't go four at the back and put Bogle further up the wing to provide the numbers. From ten minutes in to ten minutes after half time we were critically second best, clumsy, error prone and looking like no one wanted the ball. Certainly the possession stats bore that out with 75/25% ball keeping by their lot who basically made our heads spin playing keep ball for too long periods and denying us any way of turning defence into attack. When we did get up there it was at the cost of having no fucker in the box at all with McPub doing his McPub best to 'leave summat in' (and get play stopped and the advantage to them) or him well out of the crossing zone which happened a few times, us out wide and the crosser looking up to see no pink shirts to hit in the box. Norwood was his level best again, damned bad luck but a stupid decision to lunge for a ball going wide or simply playing a careless, stupid ball across the penalty area for them to almost score from.

But sometime in the second half for some reason we rolled our sleeves up and decided to play proper footy, making good excursions down each flank at last and starting to put Chelsea under the pressure they fucking well deserved to be put under. When we did this and actually passed to each other ... yeah ... that's right ... passed to each other in space and actually took opposition players on ... we looked capable. Lunny may not have tron any trees up in both halves but his cross onto Didsy's nut was a fucking pearler and only Didsy himself will know why he didn't nut that in. Funnily enough, I did this match last night on FIFA21 and got wide, sent in a cross and Didsy got square onto it for his hat-trick. This afternoon I leapt out of my seat with a 'FUCK!' and finished it with a 'ING HELL!' As Alan Hanson would glibly say, "Ach, yev jest got tae score them."

But we're out now - by hook or by crook even if we'd have gone to extra time or penalties you know luck wouldn't be in our favour and it would have gone down to Ramsdale's last spot kick and ... yeah ... you know what would have happened.

Concentrate on relegation now.

Ramsdale 5/10: Looked reasonably comfortable and made some decent claims. Good sav from Norwood's fuck up and no chance with the goals. His distribution today was shit on toast though.
Bogle 6.5/10: Good performance from him. He is the only player amongst the signings I feel content with. Has real potential, but I'd like to see him further up on the wing in a 4-1-3-2 formation
Baldock 6/10: Second outing of Furious in the RCB role and he put himself about on Pulisic a lot. Worked hard.
Jagielka 7/10: For effort. Okay, the back three was a hotch-potch but all three benefitted from his experience and for a long time, seemed to be the only player who looked like he knew how to take the ball off the opposition, and he grafted hard, despite age and his personal situation bearing heavy on his character
Stevens 5/10: Thought he looked improved today after a poor, hesitant start
Osborn 6.5/10: Good outing for Ozzy, even if he was targeted with the lofted pass over his head to Hudson-Odoye a lot. Second half he really got stuck in and tried hard to make openings up the left flank
Lundstram 4/10: His usual, disconnected self. Superb cross for Didsy's header though
Norwood 4.5/10: Quite poor and ineffectual. A few moderately decent passes. Second half - that corner, "C'mon Norwood. Don't hit the first man." Answers on a fucking postcard to:

Oliver Norwood's Setpiece Shitfest
Match of the Day
BBC Television
Wood Green
London
W1 8QT

No later than next Tuesday. Winner gets a kick in the cunt, and if you haven't got a cunt, a cunt will be kicked until verily, a cunt exists.
Own goal too. A fitting end to his season with us.

Fleck 6/10: Best of the midfield really. Worked hard with Osborn on the left side to get anything going
McGoldrick 2/10: Sorry, Didsy. You are a Blades hero at any other time but the 7/10 you should have earned today loses five whole points for that header. It's unforgivable. Yes - I would have scored that fucker. Me. Yes. Fucking too right I would. Couple of tame shouts on goal
McBurnie 4/10: Usual dust-up and fouling, shoving, barging and elbowing sesh from him. Mind you, in fairness, he's never up in the danger area because he's trying to make shit happen elsewhere, like midfield. Had a crack on goal which would have been ace if it had have gone in but, y'know, it didn't.

Burke 3/10: What pace this bloke has. Erm, that's it.
Brewster 4.5/10: Get involved and wants to badly to score. Poor kid.
Mousset; lol

Oh well. It was nice whilst it happened. Another late exit from the cup, before we reach the final, or even goddammit win the fucker, just once in my lifetime.

One thing is for certain, you will always get what you always got if you always do what you always did.

Like getting beaten with 5-3-2.

pommpey

Agree with your points although Didzy a bit harsh but understandable and especially Ramsdale he had a good game on his standards but those balls kicked straight out are starting to really annoy me.

Bit of a mixed bag today, wasn't it? We started looking positive, better than last week and pressing Chelsea well, then we just couldn't stop giving the ball away and looking vulnerable and finished the last half hour looking like a draw - or even a win, wouldn't have been undeserved.

That ultra makeshift back three worked fucking hard between them considering none of them would dream they'd finish this season in the quarter finals playing Chelsea in that line up. I think Jags, for his age and given his personal situation, had a fucking great game considering he kept the very capable Giroud under wraps for an hour. The other two main threats Hudson-Adoye and Pulisic were marshalled pretty well by a shared responsibility of Baldock and Bogle and on the other side Osborn (who I thought gave a great account of himself) and Stevens, who was much better than recent weeks.

The midfield was characteristically weak and characteristically undermanned against Chelsea's faster, agile and better passing four man and I wondered just why Hecky didn't go four at the back and put Bogle further up the wing to provide the numbers. From ten minutes in to ten minutes after half time we were critically second best, clumsy, error prone and looking like no one wanted the ball. Certainly the possession stats bore that out with 75/25% ball keeping by their lot who basically made our heads spin playing keep ball for too long periods and denying us any way of turning defence into attack. When we did get up there it was at the cost of having no fucker in the box at all with McPub doing his McPub best to 'leave summat in' (and get play stopped and the advantage to them) or him well out of the crossing zone which happened a few times, us out wide and the crosser looking up to see no pink shirts to hit in the box. Norwood was his level best again, damned bad luck but a stupid decision to lunge for a ball going wide or simply playing a careless, stupid ball across the penalty area for them to almost score from.

But sometime in the second half for some reason we rolled our sleeves up and decided to play proper footy, making good excursions down each flank at last and starting to put Chelsea under the pressure they fucking well deserved to be put under. When we did this and actually passed to each other ... yeah ... that's right ... passed to each other in space and actually took opposition players on ... we looked capable. Lunny may not have tron any trees up in both halves but his cross onto Didsy's nut was a fucking pearler and only Didsy himself will know why he didn't nut that in. Funnily enough, I did this match last night on FIFA21 and got wide, sent in a cross and Didsy got square onto it for his hat-trick. This afternoon I leapt out of my seat with a 'FUCK!' and finished it with a 'ING HELL!' As Alan Hanson would glibly say, "Ach, yev jest got tae score them."

But we're out now - by hook or by crook even if we'd have gone to extra time or penalties you know luck wouldn't be in our favour and it would have gone down to Ramsdale's last spot kick and ... yeah ... you know what would have happened.

Concentrate on relegation now.

Ramsdale 5/10: Looked reasonably comfortable and made some decent claims. Good sav from Norwood's fuck up and no chance with the goals. His distribution today was shit on toast though.
Bogle 6.5/10: Good performance from him. He is the only player amongst the signings I feel content with. Has real potential, but I'd like to see him further up on the wing in a 4-1-3-2 formation
Baldock 6/10: Second outing of Furious in the RCB role and he put himself about on Pulisic a lot. Worked hard.
Jagielka 7/10: For effort. Okay, the back three was a hotch-potch but all three benefitted from his experience and for a long time, seemed to be the only player who looked like he knew how to take the ball off the opposition, and he grafted hard, despite age and his personal situation bearing heavy on his character
Stevens 5/10: Thought he looked improved today after a poor, hesitant start
Osborn 6.5/10: Good outing for Ozzy, even if he was targeted with the lofted pass over his head to Hudson-Odoye a lot. Second half he really got stuck in and tried hard to make openings up the left flank
Lundstram 4/10: His usual, disconnected self. Superb cross for Didsy's header though
Norwood 4.5/10: Quite poor and ineffectual. A few moderately decent passes. Second half - that corner, "C'mon Norwood. Don't hit the first man." Answers on a fucking postcard to:

Oliver Norwood's Setpiece Shitfest
Match of the Day
BBC Television
Wood Green
London
W1 8QT

No later than next Tuesday. Winner gets a kick in the cunt, and if you haven't got a cunt, a cunt will be kicked until verily, a cunt exists.
Own goal too. A fitting end to his season with us.

Fleck 6/10: Best of the midfield really. Worked hard with Osborn on the left side to get anything going
McGoldrick 2/10: Sorry, Didsy. You are a Blades hero at any other time but the 7/10 you should have earned today loses five whole points for that header. It's unforgivable. Yes - I would have scored that fucker. Me. Yes. Fucking too right I would. Couple of tame shouts on goal
McBurnie 4/10: Usual dust-up and fouling, shoving, barging and elbowing sesh from him. Mind you, in fairness, he's never up in the danger area because he's trying to make shit happen elsewhere, like midfield. Had a crack on goal which would have been ace if it had have gone in but, y'know, it didn't.

Burke 3/10: What pace this bloke has. Erm, that's it.
Brewster 4.5/10: Get involved and wants to badly to score. Poor kid.
Mousset; lol

Oh well. It was nice whilst it happened. Another late exit from the cup, before we reach the final, or even goddammit win the fucker, just once in my lifetime.

One thing is for certain, you will always get what you always got if you always do what you always did.

Like getting beaten with 5-3-2.

pommpey
Cheers Pompey
I would’ve marked jags higher mom for me
You’ll have to go far to find a better pro than him

An improved performance in the second half today but Chelsea never broke sweat. Some of the things we do would get the piss taken out of by the teammates of a Sunday league side.

Orange juice springs to mind!

Is it just me, but every time one of our players so much as breathed on theirs, they went down writhing in agony and got a free-kick, whereas umpteen times our players got fouled (Didzy in particular), or at least with as much or more contact than their fouls, and we got three quarters and five eighths of fuck all?

Your use of anti-social language ruins your attempt at witticism, if I wanted to listen to that I’d be the hen and chickens tart.

Well, don't I feel a right fucking cunt, eh?

Bastardwell sorry. Won't fucking happen again.

Shit piss arse knob

pommpeycunt

I thought the Chelsea man of the match was the Ref ................ now he was a cunt.
I'm fairly certain he could have booked at least three of their players for diving.

The marks out of 10 are interesting, but most of the drivel that follows those marks as all the hallmarks of someone with a writing age of 8 at best.

I'll give you 3/10 diction and grammar must be improved and smutty language undermines the juvenile wit you try to purvey. Must do better!

Not sure what you expected from this thread. It's here every week, and usually follows a similar format.

The marks out of 10 are interesting, but most of the drivel that follows those marks *has all the hallmarks of someone with a writing age of 8 at best.

I'll give you 3/10 diction and grammar must be improved and smutty language undermines the juvenile wit you try to purvey. Must do better!
Fixed it for you 😉
Must do better 🤣🤣🤣

The miss from McGoldrick was insane but he was far better than a 2/10 obviously imo He drops back mainly successfully to link up play has a nice bit of skill and reads the game very well his legs aren’t the best but if we didn’t have him on today we’d have been playing hoof ball. Again and this has been pointed out before but Ramsdale has a seriously bad habit of stopping the shot but spilling the ball he has cost us quite a few points because of this season ( I appreciate this is the fa cup) I think Brewster signed for the wrong club he’s used to a good midfield that allows him to be more freely and more flamboyantly but he hit his shot with so much venom it deserved to go in!

Brewster took a few minutes to get in the game with a lot of standing off rather than keeping up the pressing, same with Burke, it eased the pressure when we should have been piling it on.

Stevens should have lost an extra mark for his shit attempt at keeping the ball in on the throw that led to their second goal.

Lundstram's cross for Didsy was his usual crap play it along the floor to the front post, it was a bit like that crap shot Figo had against England at Euro2000, that only looked impressive thanks to a deflection

The marks out of 10 are interesting, but most of the drivel that follows those marks as all the hallmarks of someone with a writing age of 8 at best.

If it upsets you, don't read it.

Av always been fond of the term cunt or twat, you can always get your neck muscles into it when lobbing abuse.

Always like Ozzy, I think he’s honest and I am pretty sure there is a decent footballer if he got half a run of games. My worry for next season is teams like Cardiff are gunna put 11 giants on pitch and look to exploit him

And ... the match? Because, y'know ... that's what the forum is about, not what high-handed reckoning a chimp like you believes someone's writing style is like.

Do keep up love. I know you're a bit upset we're out of the cup, but try to stay focused on the football, eh?

Good lad.

pommpey

Understand the sentiment behind the 5 point deduction for McGoldrick but think a 7 is unduly harsh.

Once again we had a synopsis into his career. If he could add goals and a penalty box presence, he's a £40m striker. He typifies all we've been saying about being decent box to box. His touch, movement, link up play, ball control, vision - are all out of this world.

It's just his finishing is atrocious - and if I'm being honest I've still not forgiven for that shit penalty Vrs Mittwoch at the Lane!

What makes me smile at the mo, is him and Burke up at Shirecliffe practicing their finishing! Bet it's a reyt laugh watching them two trying to finish!

If it upsets you, don't read it.
It's not that easy.

Unless you're making good on how empty our lives now are because Wlder is gone or posting content which resonates with their pencil thin mindset, you are indeed a ... erm ... cunt.

Just scrolling past is not an option. Neither is posting a countering argument of worth based on the football match.

pommpey

The miss from McGoldrick was insane but he was far better than a 2/10 obviously imo He drops back mainly successfully to link up play has a nice bit of skill and reads the game very well his legs aren’t the best but if we didn’t have him on today we’d have been playing hoof ball. Again and this has been pointed out before but Ramsdale has a seriously bad habit of stopping the shot but spilling the ball he has cost us quite a few points because of this season ( I appreciate this is the fa cup) I think Brewster signed for the wrong club he’s used to a good midfield that allows him to be more freely and more flamboyantly but he hit his shot with so much venom it deserved to go in!
Dude.

McGoldrick for match = 7/10

McGoldrick scores goal, possibly = 8.5/10.

McGoldrick 50pees unchallenged 4yd header wide which could have led to win if he scored = 'loses 5 whole points'

Hence 'McGoldrick 2/10:'

pommpey

It's not that easy.

Unless you're making good on how empty our lives now are because Wlder is gone or posting content which resonates with their pencil thin mindset, you are indeed a ... erm ... cunt.

Just scrolling past is not an option. Neither is posting a countering argument of worth based on the football match.

pommpey
Maybe your take should include a warning for foul and abusive language you know a XXX rating so those of a delicate disposition can scroll past, saves you the bother of telling them to fuck off.

Back
Top Bottom