My take

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Norwood - maybe unfair to single out one player from all the heroic performances last night, but one passage of play in particular annoyed me.

Ball is in defence, I think it came from goalkeeper to Norwood. He passes it backwards (to Baldock I think) then just stands there pointing rather than running into some space to be available to have it back. So infuriating. If Klopp was manager he’d have been going furious. This is basics that Wilder and Knill should be dealing with.

I’m not surprised Moose looked lost when he came on. Any clue what formation we were playing at the end? Our last 15 minutes are schoolboy stuff, let’s throw on as many vaguely attacking players we have let and shove them up front. For the first 75 minutes of a game, 3-5-2 is stuck to as rigidly as a religious text, and aimless hoofs to outnumbered forwards are the name of the game. For the last 15 minutes, it’s an 8 year old on Championship manager, and with beautiful irony, we suddenly stop going direct when we actually have bodies in the final third that could capitalise.

I also think we overlooked someone like Joe Lolley at Forest. Left side, a bit Murphyesque. Takes players on.

pommpey

True. But why. We were even in that division so it was clear to see who the best players were. Not just Lolley. Watkins. Eze. Benrama. A few others.

Norwood - maybe unfair to single out one player from all the heroic performances last night, but one passage of play in particular annoyed me.

Ball is in defence, I think it came from goalkeeper to Norwood. He passes it backwards (to Baldock I think) then just stands there pointing rather than running into some space to be available to have it back. So infuriating. If Klopp was manager he’d have been going furious. This is basics that Wilder and Knill should be dealing with.

Exactly. I have watched Norwood individually, in the game. As stated, his central position suggests 'regista', i..e the place from where all play begins and the 'pull in' point when we transfer from attack to defence on change of possession. Okay, with for example, any combination of Berge/Fleck/Lundstram playing alongside him we keep our shape reasonably well in the midfield line when we retreat, Norwood sits in a little hole and watches the ball passed round him (see West Ham's goal) rather than putting in a crucial tackle (something he can t do, but on comparison, players like Montgomery could do) and disrupt the play, or win the ball, or simply block off passing lanes. He doesn't have the footballing 'look ahead' to complete this and it is his inherent weakness. We can't afford to carry that liability in such a vital, 'one-person' position, especially with our back three now compromised with the absence of Jack. We either change the formation, or buy Kevin De Bruyne/Jordan Henderson/Matic/JonJo Shelvey. Last night, Pirera was finding it so easy to drift about with Norwood on the pitch and cause us no end of problems, which ties up other players dealing with that threat. Had Montgomery been on the pitch (for example), the yellow card he'd pick up with have striped Pirera for a start and anywhere he went to to receive the ball would have been accompanied by a thud of feet behind him and a challenge. Norwood is far too lightweight to do that task at this level. He's great in the Championship - time on the ball, ability to have a think and a fag as to what to do with it. Even comb his hair a bit. But up here, he's quickly shut down and doesn't know how to think fast enough and get away from opposition players and move the ball up the centre of the pitch, and become the feared 'blocker' on defence duties. And no, he hasn't got 'sweet feet'. If he had, he'd have bent that free kick round the wall Ward-Prowse style and beaten Jonstone. You watch when WBA play Soton this season if the Scummers get a FK outside the box.

pommpey

Fucking rubbish. Tonight was a game we had a serious chance to hook over the 17th spot and get some momentum. Instead an avoidable single goal and some breathtakingly shit missing of chances has really all but committed us to the lower division next year.

I've seen some of the counter responses on here addressing people finally waking up and slinging pelters at the team and staff. To those, instead of saying 'fuck off', try accounting for the woefulness on display tonight. Sure, there were some fleeting positives from some areas but overall our team looks bereft of confidence, disjointed and largely as though the last four seasons just haven't happened. From goalkeeper to strikers it is as bad a display as the dark days of Wier or Adkins on a comparative status. When we went down 1-0 to now functionally non-existent Bury away in February 2016, did we feel any different or desperate about our future? What about when Millwall or Southend turned us over later on? Could we honestly see where the next win or goal would come from?

Well, possibly.

I think we are as good as relegated now, with a possible maximum of 15 points. It's a bit of a shit situation, given our pretty pisspoor demise under Warnock and give the amount of shit half our supporters gave him both during and after our relegation, I wonder what is in store for Chris Wilder. He is revered as God in our circles and for all the right reasons, but of him and Knill are carrying out some sort of sporting experiment to see what combination actually works in their seemingly unchangeable 5-3-2, then time is running out. Tonight's lineup and bench, formation and sub strategy was in my opinion, wank. Kean Bryan is nowhere near where Robinson, Ampadu or even Stevens (see what I did there?) is is regarding experience and playing time. To drop him into a back three and expect him to be match sharp was laughable, and told it's own story throughout the match with Basham and Egan fully aware who they'd got on their left hand side. Bryan is a reserve and should stay so. He should be loaned out with an option to buy to some lower end Championship club, because quite simply, that's where he is and that's where he was when Deadbat (I think it was) reported on him in a reserve match (fucking ages ago now) and saying he was all over the place. Yet we kept him, 'just in case', just like we are paying Jagielka's wages too.

In front of a beleaguered back three we have our old mate Oliver Norwood. It's refreshing to see many on here now swallowing their pride and their wrongness and admitting this bloke is a midfield potato, gifted with one fleeting talent and only then in the Championship and below. Tonight he was fucking awful and deservedly subbed. Either side we have Berge, the only bloke who can actually hold onto the ball for longer than ten seconds and Fleck, a man beamed in from planet Coventry City just last week. The last four years have been completely erased from his memory and now he is actually playing like some of the Sky Blues fans said he was, back in Div Four. Outside of that we have stroppy George, who tonight soiled his pants and Lowe, who is still adjusting to the fact that he's not still at Derby County. He's still playing like he is, mind.

Oh god. Up front. Jesus. Aside from the obvious, easily substituted Oliver Burke (I am still trying to figure out why we bought Robinson, played him, loaned him, WBA bought him and gave us Burke) and his pace and determination, McBurnie is now the worst signing we have ever made, and in that I include a litany of other duffers like Higdon, Brayford and Done. Fuck me, we have wasted some fucking money on this campaign to the big time and has it backfied or what? Maupay or McBurnie? £20million. That's a lot of cash for six goals last season and fucking nowt this season. He doesn't even look like scoring, that's the kicker. In fact, nether does Brewster (£23million) or Mousett (£10million). There's nothing to give to them, and even when it's there, it's over the fucking bar.

I'm gonna rebuff and challenge anyone who says these statements:

1. It'll be reyt. Wilder will fix it. Plenty of time.

2. We were unlucky.

Firstly, time is running out for Wilder to suddenly pull a miraculous run of (winning, not drawing) results for us to make the magical 'safe' total. For that to happen, we have to score goals (we can't) and stop conceding (we can't do this, either). Secondly, luck is what you make it. Johnstone had a good game tonight, but out of what - 12 attempts on target (a new high for us) at least three of them should have gone in.

Ramsdale 6/10: For his marginal improvements. Their goal rolled past him from range, without any real power.

Baldock 4/10: Poor game. Struggled like fuck and his miss was unforgivable

Basham 5/10: Another iffy output from one of our better players

Egan 6/10: Did his best to block, defend and cover for the ineptitude of Bryan

Bryan 4/10: His one saving grace, the cross for Burke's header, was about the only thing of worth. Otherwise he was completely playing below his status

Lowe 4/10: Another one who clearly can't understand our rickety 5-3-2 system

Berge 5.5/10: At least tried to put in a shift. His clearance though was pathetic and led to their goal

Norwood 1/10: End it, Wilder.

Fleck 5/10: He is nothing like the John Fleck of old. Tonight was a clear example of that. Prove me wrong? Okay. First goal vs the pigs versus that fucking stupid early free kick which ended up floating over everyone's head and out of play.

McBurnie 2/10: Carrots. I think he likes it in midfield

Burke 6/10: Purposeful and willing to run at and past oppositions and scare them to death. Last time he scored though was, erm ... um ... Silent?

Subs:

Brewster 5/10: Poor kid.

Lundstram 5/10: Well, at least he tried. Another one playing in the wrong league

Mousett 2/10: Business as usual

We'll never fucking learn unless Wilder get's it in his head that starting with the same shitty lineup now results in a loss. It has for nine out of the ten games we have played so far and it won't change unless either the game Sheffield United plays changes ... or he changes. It's as stark a reality as that. I don't care for any thoughts about us 'outplaying them tonight' That is Trumpian bollocks. We did the same thing - ten minutes of promising attacking football (with fuck all to show for it, mind) then suddenly (eleven minutes in this time) West Brom gained possession and we are off struggling, this time not against Chelsea, or Liverpool or West Ham, but against a team freshly promoted and without a win themselves. We went behind to a fucking pointless and avoidable goal, shinned in from 22 yards which bobbled through a sea of players and failed to let the opposition pass it round us, park the bus, keep it away from us and waste time feigning injury.

To people who don't share my opinion - I respect that. What I don't respect is personal, directed abuse, or simply eating up page space not explaining why you disagree. It might shock you to know that people are interested in debate and differences of opinion. If you just want to be a dismissive, mardy arsed cunt just because we've lost and someone is commenting on it, the rusks and your blankie are over here and go put yourself to bed and have a rooer. Meanwhile, Sheffield United are in one of the biggest existential crises they have had possibly for a decade or two. If you can't join in the grown ups conversation about this, go play with your meccano or sit and watch Little Baby Bum or Hey Duggie. That goes for anyone slavvering Deadbat too.

pommpey
I said all this at the back end of last season , no pace, no creativity in the side , the old saying form is temporary class is permanent, we were in form last season but they are championship players at best , every single one of them except egan and Berge , theres a reason Norwood was promoted twice and never kicked a ball in the premier league

Exactly. I have watched Norwood individually, in the game. As stated, his central position suggests 'regista', i..e the place from where all play begins and the 'pull in' point when we transfer from attack to defence on change of possession. Okay, with for example, any combination of Berge/Fleck/Lundstram playing alongside him we keep our shape reasonably well in the midfield line when we retreat, Norwood sits in a little hole and watches the ball passed round him (see West Ham's goal) rather than putting in a crucial tackle (something he can t do, but on comparison, players like Montgomery could do) and disrupt the play, or win the ball, or simply block off passing lanes. He doesn't have the footballing 'look ahead' to complete this and it is his inherent weakness. We can't afford to carry that liability in such a vital, 'one-person' position, especially with our back three now compromised with the absence of Jack. We either change the formation, or buy Kevin De Bruyne/Jordan Henderson/Matic/JonJo Shelvey. Last night, Pirera was finding it so easy to drift about with Norwood on the pitch and cause us no end of problems, which ties up other players dealing with that threat. Had Montgomery been on the pitch (for example), the yellow card he'd pick up with have striped Pirera for a start and anywhere he went to to receive the ball would have been accompanied by a thud of feet behind him and a challenge. Norwood is far too lightweight to do that task at this level. He's great in the Championship - time on the ball, ability to have a think and a fag as to what to do with it. Even comb his hair a bit. But up here, he's quickly shut down and doesn't know how to think fast enough and get away from opposition players and move the ball up the centre of the pitch, and become the feared 'blocker' on defence duties. And no, he hasn't got 'sweet feet'. If he had, he'd have bent that free kick round the wall Ward-Prowse style and beaten Jonstone. You watch when WBA play Soton this season if the Scummers get a FK outside the box.

pommpey
I really wish you didn't talk so much sense. I am desperate to disagree with you, but I just can't. You hit the nail on the head time and again. The thing is, you see, as a 'supporter' you and I are polar opposites. I have always had an issue with armchair fans with fucking big voices. The way I saw it is if you (ie one) can't be arsed to actually attend the games then your voice shouldn't be booming from the roof tops.

This pandemic has changed my opinion though. I now realise that I attend the games because it's just what I do. It's not just the 90 mins of the game, its the banter with the lads, the anticipation of where the fuck we will end up and what scrapes (particularly at away games) we'll get into. It's the tribal aspect, the us against them attitude. Half the time I saw little of the actual match anyway cos I was either late in, queuing for a pie/pint or just generally larking around.

Turning the TV on and just watching the match without any of the other things I mentioned is just fucking horrible. It's torture. You are alone, feel totally helpless and just sit there watching through scrunched eyes. So, fair do's to you pal. You back up your thoughts with well reasoned out arguments. Oh how I long for my full Saturday experience, with the 90 minutes of the game being just a part of it - regardless of division.

pommpey

Oh, you crystal balled bitch. ;)

That's not an assessment l, it's a rant. 2/10 for Moose because he missed a chance is a child's reaction. You're not a child are you?

No, because 'what else did he do'?

He missed a fucking awesomely massive chance from three yards out and it went over the bar. Many of his goals last season (Everton excepted) have been mis-hits and scuffers. I'd have taken that, last night for just one, solitary point in the table. It's that important.

If by dent of miracle we find ourselves relegated by one point come May, how much will you rate him then in last night's match?

Grown up answer there.

pommpey

I think the owner has a big decision to make & this decide which is more important to the future of Sheffield United - is it staying or attempting to stay in the premier league or Chris Wilder?

I said all this at the back end of last season , no pace, no creativity in the side , the old saying form is temporary class is permanent, we were in form last season but they are championship players at best , every single one of them except egan and Berge , theres a reason Norwood was promoted twice and never kicked a ball in the premier league
You said all this after we finished 9th? And were fresh from smashing Chelsea 3-0?

Fucking rubbish. Tonight was a game we had a serious chance to hook over the 17th spot and get some momentum. Instead an avoidable single goal and some breathtakingly shit missing of chances has really all but committed us to the lower division next year.

I've seen some of the counter responses on here addressing people finally waking up and slinging pelters at the team and staff. To those, instead of saying 'fuck off', try accounting for the woefulness on display tonight. Sure, there were some fleeting positives from some areas but overall our team looks bereft of confidence, disjointed and largely as though the last four seasons just haven't happened. From goalkeeper to strikers it is as bad a display as the dark days of Wier or Adkins on a comparative status. When we went down 1-0 to now functionally non-existent Bury away in February 2016, did we feel any different or desperate about our future? What about when Millwall or Southend turned us over later on? Could we honestly see where the next win or goal would come from?

Well, possibly.

I think we are as good as relegated now, with a possible maximum of 15 points. It's a bit of a shit situation, given our pretty pisspoor demise under Warnock and give the amount of shit half our supporters gave him both during and after our relegation, I wonder what is in store for Chris Wilder. He is revered as God in our circles and for all the right reasons, but of him and Knill are carrying out some sort of sporting experiment to see what combination actually works in their seemingly unchangeable 5-3-2, then time is running out. Tonight's lineup and bench, formation and sub strategy was in my opinion, wank. Kean Bryan is nowhere near where Robinson, Ampadu or even Stevens (see what I did there?) is is regarding experience and playing time. To drop him into a back three and expect him to be match sharp was laughable, and told it's own story throughout the match with Basham and Egan fully aware who they'd got on their left hand side. Bryan is a reserve and should stay so. He should be loaned out with an option to buy to some lower end Championship club, because quite simply, that's where he is and that's where he was when Deadbat (I think it was) reported on him in a reserve match (fucking ages ago now) and saying he was all over the place. Yet we kept him, 'just in case', just like we are paying Jagielka's wages too.

In front of a beleaguered back three we have our old mate Oliver Norwood. It's refreshing to see many on here now swallowing their pride and their wrongness and admitting this bloke is a midfield potato, gifted with one fleeting talent and only then in the Championship and below. Tonight he was fucking awful and deservedly subbed. Either side we have Berge, the only bloke who can actually hold onto the ball for longer than ten seconds and Fleck, a man beamed in from planet Coventry City just last week. The last four years have been completely erased from his memory and now he is actually playing like some of the Sky Blues fans said he was, back in Div Four. Outside of that we have stroppy George, who tonight soiled his pants and Lowe, who is still adjusting to the fact that he's not still at Derby County. He's still playing like he is, mind.

Oh god. Up front. Jesus. Aside from the obvious, easily substituted Oliver Burke (I am still trying to figure out why we bought Robinson, played him, loaned him, WBA bought him and gave us Burke) and his pace and determination, McBurnie is now the worst signing we have ever made, and in that I include a litany of other duffers like Higdon, Brayford and Done. Fuck me, we have wasted some fucking money on this campaign to the big time and has it backfied or what? Maupay or McBurnie? £20million. That's a lot of cash for six goals last season and fucking nowt this season. He doesn't even look like scoring, that's the kicker. In fact, nether does Brewster (£23million) or Mousett (£10million). There's nothing to give to them, and even when it's there, it's over the fucking bar.

2. We were unlucky.

Firstly, time is running out for Wilder to suddenly pull a miraculous run of (winning, not drawing) results for us to make the magical 'safe' total. For that to happen, we have to score goals (we can't) and stop conceding (we can't do this, either). Secondly, luck is what you make it. Johnstone had a good game tonight, but out of what - 12 attempts on target (a new high for us) at least three of them should have gone in.

Ramsdale 6/10: For his marginal improvements. Their goal rolled past him from range, without any real power.

Bryan 4/10: His one saving grace, the cross for Burke's header, was about the only thing of worth. Otherwise he was completely playing below his status

Berge 5.5/10: At least tried to put in a shift. His clearance though was pathetic and led to their goal

Fleck 5/10: He is nothing like the John Fleck of old. Tonight was a clear example of that. Prove me wrong? Okay. First goal vs the pigs versus that fucking stupid early free kick which ended up floating over everyone's head and out of play.

Burke 6/10: Purposeful and willing to run at and past oppositions and scare them to death. Last time he scored though was, erm ... um ... Silent?

Subs:

Lundstram 5/10: Well, at least he tried. Another one playing in the wrong league

We'll never fucking learn unless Wilder get's it in his head that starting with the same shitty lineup now results in a loss. It has for nine out of the ten games we have played so far and it won't change unless either the game Sheffield United plays changes ... or he changes. It's as stark a reality as that. I don't care for any thoughts about us 'outplaying them tonight' That is Trumpian bollocks. We did the same thing - ten minutes of promising attacking football (with fuck all to show for it, mind) then suddenly (eleven minutes in this time) West Brom gained possession and we are off struggling, this time not against Chelsea, or Liverpool or West Ham, but against a team freshly promoted and without a win themselves. We went behind to a fucking pointless and avoidable goal, shinned in from 22 yards which bobbled through a sea of players and failed to let the opposition pass it round us, park the bus, keep it away from us and waste time feigning injury.

To people who don't share my opinion - I respect that. What I don't respect is personal, directed abuse, or simply eating up page space not explaining why you disagree. It might shock you to know that people are interested in debate and differences of opinion. If you just want to be a dismissive, mardy arsed cunt just because we've lost and someone is commenting on it, the rusks and your blankie are over here and go put yourself to bed and have a rooer. Meanwhile, Sheffield United are in one of the biggest existential crises they have had possibly for a decade or two. If you can't join in the grown ups conversation about this, go play with your meccano or sit and watch Little Baby Bum or Hey Duggie. That goes for anyone slavvering Deadbat too.

pommpey
I agree with most things you say but it’s how it is at the moment pretty embarrassing
However the teams the teams above us are also poor Fulham,WBA,Burnley,Brighton and Palace,Leeds and Newcastle can get pulled into it.
If we can put a mini run together we have a small chance
Missing those chances Saturday was fucking bizarre as was few against West Ham
One win just one win would get the heads up
This is still doable UTB

He missed a fucking awesomely massive chance from three yards out and it went over the bar. Many of his goals last season (Everton excepted) have been mis-hits and scuffers. I'd have taken that, last night for just one, solitary point in the table. It's that important.

If by dent of miracle we find ourselves relegated by one point come May, how much will you rate him then in last night's match?

Grown up answer there.

pommpey
What else did Moose do? He set up McBurnie for the chance which should have been scored. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and say that the control on his back was instinctive :)

On McBurnie - he reminds me of me trying to play up front. I really wanted to be good (and I scored a few goals, don't get me wrong) but I'd always find that either the ball wouldn't go where I was, I wouldn't be where the ball was or the chances that did fall my way would be on my left foot. McBurnie's an average player but he's missing that instinctive spark which would allow him to be a decent striker at Premier League level.

Grown up answer there.

pommpey
Mousset's goals last season:

Everton 0-2 United (Mousset's goal made it 0-2) - first time effort through the legs of Pickford. Neither mishit nor scuffer, as you pointed out.
United 1-0 Arsenal (1-0) - turns in O'Connell(?)'s header down from a corner. Neither mishit nor scuffer.
West Ham 1-1 United (1-1) - another shot on the turn right into the corner of Roberto's net. Came off his shin I think - I'll give you that one.
United 3-3 Man U (2-0)- bent into the corner of De Gea's net from 25 yards. Beautiful strike.
Wolves 1-1 United (0-1) - Cruijff turn, half volley into the corner. Neither mishit nor scuffer.
United 3-1 Spurs (2-0) - tap in from 4 yards. Neither mishit nor scuffer.

He's scored 6 for us. One (West Ham) was slightly scuffed. If we're being really harsh I don't think the goal at Wolves came from the cleanest connection but the setup was sublime.

Mousset's goals last season:

Everton 0-2 United (Mousset's goal made it 0-2) - first time effort through the legs of Pickford. Neither mishit nor scuffer, as you pointed out.
United 1-0 Arsenal (1-0) - turns in O'Connell(?)'s header down from a corner. Neither mishit nor scuffer.
West Ham 1-1 United (1-1) - another shot on the turn right into the corner of Roberto's net. Came off his shin I think - I'll give you that one.
United 3-3 Man U (2-0)- bent into the corner of De Gea's net from 25 yards. Beautiful strike.
Wolves 1-1 United (0-1) - Cruijff turn, half volley into the corner. Neither mishit nor scuffer.
United 3-1 Spurs (2-0) - tap in from 4 yards. Neither mishit nor scuffer.

He's scored 6 for us. One (West Ham) was slightly scuffed. If we're being really harsh I don't think the goal at Wolves came from the cleanest connection but the setup was sublime.

And he could have mis-hit or scuffed it in the other night. I'd have taken that, which is my point. It's also right to point out that whatever the method, a goal is a goal.

When it is kicked over the bar from three yards, it isn't.

pommpey

And he could have mis-hit or scuffed it in the other night. I'd have taken that, which is my point. It's also right to point out that whatever the method, a goal is a goal.

When it is kicked over the bar from three yards, it isn't.

pommpey

So where were all the mishits and scuffers then?

You said there were many of them.

pommpey as you know, I'm only here to blow smoke up your bum and say I agree with all you say. This week is no different. I was, indeed, one of those who saw Norwood for what he is - an absurd charlatan in an important role. Hence why Wilder binned him, brought him back and binned him twice on 50 odd mins which is harsh for a footballer.

One thing I disagree on is Baldock, I think he's one of our most attacking and creative players going forward. I maintain he is important if he we are to get to the magical points total. Yes he missed a sitter but he still has value.

Bar that, spot on. Again.
Norwood is an absurd charlatan HAHAHA. Jesus wept

Well, possibly.

2. We were unlucky.

Subs:

pommpey

I would have probably marked a couple of players one point higher than you did, but it's all subjective anyway.

Really not sure where we go from here. That was our best performance, in terms of chances created, and we still didn't score and didn't keep a clean sheet.

When we were rising through the tables, we "defended from the front" and even last season we tried to close teams down quickly (Liverpool at BDTBL last season, for example). If yesterdays game had been played last season, that scuffed clearance from Berge would have seen at least one player tearing out of the box, after the ball, to close down whoever's feet it was going to land at. Instead, we have bystanders and spectators.

People have screamed on here to not play Lundstram anymore, as his heart isn't in it, yet we looked much better when he came on.

I always rated JOC, thought he was a great player for us, I didn't realise that him not being here would mean the whole team would collapse.

I always thought that Rodwell could play in JOC's position? I don't mean as a like for like swap, but as an experienced defender?

Could any other manager do anything better with this set of players?, if the answer is "yes" then it means CW/AK can also do better with them.

For me, the one person who might have come out of that game with some benefit was Oliver Burke, because if any player put himself in the shop window, it was him. I would think that any other manager in the EPL (or Championship), would have seen his pace, strength, and the fact he was constantly getting in behind and cutting a pass back into the box, would be sitting there thinking, "might have a cheeky punt on that lad, great option to start, or come off the bench for the last 30 minutes".

So where were all the mishits and scuffers then?

You said there were many of them.

More importantly, where was the goal from three yards the other night?

I know you think you have your teeth into something here Nuddy, but ten million for six goals (50% of them scuffers and shinners - the Arsenal one was possibly one), a handful of starts (did he even play a full 90 minutes?), quite a bit of time on the treatment table and now pictures of his cars and a double helping of.kebabs at the Copthorne isn't VFM. See also booting over the bar when you could fart it in.

pommpey

More importantly, where was the goal from three yards the other night?

I know you think you have your teeth into something here Nuddy, but ten million for six goals (50% of them scuffers and shinners - the Arsenal one was possibly one), a handful of starts (did he even play a full 90 minutes?), quite a bit of time on the treatment table and now pictures of his cars and a double helping of.kebabs at the Copthorne isn't VFM. See also booting over the bar when you could fart it in.

pommpey

I think Mousset's chance was the hardest one to be fair because it came at him unexpectedly.

What the fuck Baldock and McBurnie were doing however I'll never know.

I think Mousset's chance was the hardest one to be fair because it came at him unexpectedly.

What the fuck Baldock and McBurnie were doing however I'll never know.

You won't find me disagreeing on any of that. I think McBurnie just took a pub swipe of the ball, and Johnstone remained upright and agile. He did have time to steady himself and do the keeper with a feint or a look. Baldock just saw the stand open up like a hole behind the net and got his wrong foot under it. It's classic 'we don't practice this in training' stuff and lack of composure. If I had a pound for the amount of times I have faced an oncoming player on goal as a keeper and just simply been 'done' by a cool head and a decent body shape leaving you unable to even dive for it as it rockets past you. It's all about killer instinct isn't it?

pommpey

Back
Top Bottom