MTOD

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

davidblade

Reaction score
Just watched it , nobody mentioned it but there was a definite penalty to us, in a late goal mouth scramble.McBurnie was pulled back , nailed on pen and he appealed for it.
As for the red card Lunny incident , he hardly touched him and his foot wasn’t high, they were making a mountain out of a molehill.
UTB

Just watched it , nobody mentioned it but there was a definite penalty to us, in a late goal mouth scramble.McBurnie was pulled back , nailed on pen and he appealed for it.
As for the red card Lunny incident , he hardly touched him and his foot wasn’t high, they were making a mountain out of a molehill.
UTB
Hardly touched him?

Lunny did make contact but I don’t think it was a red, Var got it right. For me Lunny sees Dunk bad touch then goes in thinking Dunk is going to smash it and he turns his body expecting to get smashed with the ball and then contact happens

UTB
Great view from where I sat, obvious pen yet again VAR fails miserably

Sky sports highlights didn’t even deem it worth showing so cant have been that bad.

From the angle I had, Dunk has gone in to do Lundstram anyway. Can’t tell me he’s expected to just stand there with that great big daft twat hurtling towards him.

Watched it back too

Saw the Lo Celso one for spurs and winced thinking red, given that, and without malice, reckon Lunny could have seen red for that, was high and late.

Also thought Bournemouth got bummed with VAR, goal canned for hitting a shoulder, then 'equaliser' changed to a penalty - 1-1 to 2-0 in 30 seconds......
Hahahahahahaha

UTB

How much were the specs mate?

HTB1eRPEKpXXXXbtXpXXq6xXFXXXk.jpg

Fat dyslexic tried the Adkins diet and lost no weight at all.
Turns out he'd stopped eating crabs.

Watched it back too

Saw the Lo Celso one for spurs and winced thinking red, given that, and without malice, reckon Lunny could have seen red for that, was high and late.

Also thought Bournemouth got bummed with VAR, goal canned for hitting a shoulder, then 'equaliser' changed to a penalty - 1-1 to 2-0 in 30 seconds......
Hahahahahahaha
As were Leicester when the Man City player in the defensive wall in the box had both hands in front of his face when the free-kick hit them.
LINEKER - "when you're protecting your face, it's a natural position for your hands"
WRIGHT - (off camera) "why didn't he head it?"

Having watched the replay on TMOD I haven't changed my original position on the Lunny tackle. Dunk miscontrols the ball and lunges in to try to recover. Lunny sees him coming coming and jumps up to avoid having his leg severed and blocks the tackle, causing the ball to ricochet forward. Lunny's studs do catch Dunk, but at no point does Lunny kick out or stamp on his opponent. Any force generated was down to Dunk's wild lunge. The ref was stood yards away and did not give a foul. I'm not sure why play was stopped to be honest, as I thought the ref could only stop play for a head injury. IF Lunny hadn't jumped then Dunk could well have been sent off. Keown's comment about this being worse than Lo Celso's stamp was outrageous. Lo Celso stamped on the guys shin and was nowhere near the ball.

Having watched the replay on TMOD I haven't changed my original position on the Lunny tackle. Dunk miscontrols the ball and lunges in to try to recover. Lunny sees him coming coming and jumps up to avoid having his leg severed and blocks the tackle, causing the ball to ricochet forward. Lunny's studs do catch Dunk, but at no point does Lunny kick out or stamp on his opponent. Any force generated was down to Dunk's wild lunge. The ref was stood yards away and did not give a foul. I'm not sure why play was stopped to be honest, as I thought the ref could only stop play for a head injury. IF Lunny hadn't jumped then Dunk could well have been sent off. Keown's comment about this being worse than Lo Celso's stamp was outrageous. Lo Celso stamped on the guys shin and was nowhere near the ball.
Completely agree. There was only one player that was out of control in that incident and it wasn’t John Lundstram.

VAR gets the majority of decisions correct - there was very little to see with the Lunny challenge - his right boot seemed to come down onto the turf right next to the Brighton players leg - quite possibly slightly scrapping down. Lunny did not stamp on his leg - 100% crystal clear from the BBC MOTD footage. Lunny stayed on his feet too, it was the Brighton player that lunged in off his feet

It was also interesting, the Brighton player slowly hobbled off, then immediately ran back on at resumption in play.

The MOTD pundits over-reacted to what happened primarily as they don't particularly like VAR, so intend wanting to knock decisions as many times as they can.

VAR needs amending - the Chelsea/Spurs game and the Burnley/B'mouth games once again show the reasons.

Both "shoulder" incidents in the Burnley game were exactly that - the on-field decision was not clear and even VAR pictures show it not to be clear, so why on-field decisions had to be changed continuing to undermine refs on the field.

Clear and obvious is now being shrouded into pretence.

UTB

VAR gets the majority of decisions correct

So it should, or else what's the point of it? Only about 3% of refereeing decisions were "wrong" to begin with. So unless it's going to come up with practically a clean sweep then I'd call it marginal gains, for which the pain isn't worth it.

The Burnley/Bournemouth no penalty/goal/no goal/penalty was an accident waiting to happen by this monstrosity.

In fact it should have happened much earlier in the season when Liverpool scored about 10 seconds after Man City had a clear penalty turned down. But on that occasion the bloke on the games console didn't have the balls to overturn a Liverpool goal at Anfield and award it instead to Man City.

Bournemouth, on the other hand, are of no such consequence.

All it highlighted to me was that Mooy nicked 10 yards for the free kick that led to the goal. Had it been taken in the right place it could have all been different.

It could easily have been Lunny facing serious injury for a reckless Dunk tackle, question really should not be red card or not but why go into sch a risky challenge in the first place.

Lunny was lucky imo, it wasn't a red for me as his foot glanced off him instead of stomping. A little to the side and it would have been nailed on.

If the Lo Celso challenge isn't a red then nothing is, so go in however you want, Lunny.

At one point Wright said Crystal Palace had beaten United. My recollection is we did the double over Palace.

I was a long way away on the kop but when the review for a possible red card came up on the screen I presumed it was for the reckless lunge of the Brighton player.

Back
Top Bottom