Moving Forward

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

S6 Blade

Reaction score
Its safe to say a large portion of the fan base is extremely disappointed, sad, even angry about Wilders departure. I'm sure we'll get the details surrounding it eventually.

The thing that sticks out for me is that none of the backroom staff have left, just him.

I don't mind where Wilder goes next but I'd be surprised if he goes to Celtic. I thought he had more ambition than playing the annual tallest dwarf contest with Rangers.

Although Heckingbottom isn't everyones first choice clearly he does manage a team in the U-23's that play the same style as the first team so its a safe choice.

Next season then.

Is Howe a realistic target for the next permanent manager? Does bringing in Tindall help with this? Yes he had a poor managerial career at Bournemouth but he is a good coach. I think we all know that Knill is the Peter Taylor to Wilders Brian Clough so I'm quite happy that he has stayed.

If the promise of investment is true as is the plan to retain the core group of first team players then we'll be in great shape to come back stronger in the Championship next season. All remains to be seen.

But what else do people want to see A) until the end of the season and B) happen in the summer?

(I'm aware of the incoherent rambling of this post but I've not slept much! 😂)

A 1.Try switching the formation for a couple of games, the one we had in the championship and also a 433 like Tindall played - nothing to lose have we?
A 2. Try a couple of the youth, anyone has to be better than Lunny right now.

B. Appoint a permenant manager, get a few new players in, dust ourselves down and start again, kick some championship arse infront of crowds

This isn't knee jerk, but after Bassett left I took a break...
I'm taking another break.. I'll go out, meet up, have a beer, i'll go away and have a day out in the cities were playing at, but I'm done with it for a bit.. I'll be a follower till I get my mojo back.

This isn't a look at me cry for attention.. Its how I feel, a shit fucking year topped off by a manager on par with Bassett leaving because contractually he won't work with a director of football..

(I've heard it's a clause in CW's contract, hence the payoff - might be bollocks might not but that's what I got told late friday night)

I think it’s been in some of the press that the backroom staff have agreed to stay on short term to help the club. I’d expect them to join up with CW when he gets a new job.

I think it’s been in some of the press that the backroom staff have agreed to stay on short term to help the club. I’d expect them to join up with CW when he gets a new job.
If that’s the case though why not see the season out with Wilder unless he wanted out that badly. Seems to suggest that the back room staff aren’t as fed up as him if they want to stay for remaining games.

If that’s the case though why not see the season out with Wilder unless he wanted out that badly. Seems to suggest that the back room staff aren’t as fed up as him if they want to stay for remaining games.

I suspect they are doing the honourable thing and there has to be some continuity otherwise we would have no coaching team or physio staff unless Tindal can do it all (would save cash).

CW has looked shattered recently, and he must be alright for a few quid, so I think he'l just have a rest, play some golf, get his head straight, and wait for the phone to ring.

Which it will do. A lot.

He'll get a new job in the summer when there are more options. Perhaps the backroom staff will join him then. CW and AK have worked separately before and joined each other later on previous occassions.

This isn't knee jerk, but after Bassett left I took a break...
I'm taking another break.. I'll go out, meet up, have a beer, i'll go away and have a day out in the cities were playing at, but I'm done with it for a bit.. I'll be a follower till I get my mojo back.

This isn't a look at me cry for attention.. Its how I feel, a shit fucking year topped off by a manager on par with Bassett leaving because contractually he won't work with a director of football..

(I've heard it's a clause in CW's contract, hence the payoff - might be bollocks might not but that's what I got told late friday night)
This is how we’re feeling. I’m desperate to get to matches but can’t see us renewing this year, season watching non league and other sport to wash the foul taste of this away

Its safe to say a large portion of the fan base is extremely disappointed, sad, even angry about Wilders departure. I'm sure we'll get the details surrounding it eventually.

The thing that sticks out for me is that none of the backroom staff have left, just him.

I don't mind where Wilder goes next but I'd be surprised if he goes to Celtic. I thought he had more ambition than playing the annual tallest dwarf contest with Rangers.

Although Heckingbottom isn't everyones first choice clearly he does manage a team in the U-23's that play the same style as the first team so its a safe choice.

Next season then.

Is Howe a realistic target for the next permanent manager? Does bringing in Tindall help with this? Yes he had a poor managerial career at Bournemouth but he is a good coach. I think we all know that Knill is the Peter Taylor to Wilders Brian Clough so I'm quite happy that he has stayed.

If the promise of investment is true as is the plan to retain the core group of first team players then we'll be in great shape to come back stronger in the Championship next season. All remains to be seen.

But what else do people want to see A) until the end of the season and B) happen in the summer?

(I'm aware of the incoherent rambling of this post but I've not slept much! 😂)
If we’re talking the managerial appointment process in the summer I want see that we actually have a well erm process. I’ll be pissed if we’re interviewing wildly different candidates with different styles. If we’re going the long term vision where managers are come and go but the style stays the same ala Swansea which has been what this whole DOF thing has been about then do it properly do mess around. If we’ve given up Chris wilder to piss about then that’s not acceptable.

I think it’s the simple fact that Wilder doesn’t have a job lined up. I expect Knill to follow when he does but fully expect Wilder to take a break and recharge for next season.

I think last year maybe the peak of wilders career too his stock has gone down massively this year. He would have probably been better staying and hopefully getting promotion again with us.
And some clubs may shy away from his stubborness.
So he may knock about in jobs like brighton west brom newcastle

Back
Top Bottom