Mousset

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

It's all unravelled in spectacular fashion, with Mousset turning poor, Brewster & Ramsdale not working out, O'Connell, Berge & Egan all sustaining long term injuries. Stevens & Fleck turning poor / suffering from lots of injuries.

I've never known a season whereby, just about everything turns to shit.

Replace skittles...

✌️ Fifteen points for an initial £4m down payment.
It's not 15 points though, is it?

Goals:
Everton (A) second in a 2-0 win 0 points
Arsenal (H) winner in a 1-0 win +2 points
West Ham (A) equaliser in a 1-1 draw +1 point
Man U (H) second in a 3-3 draw (put us 2-0 up) +1 point
Wolves (A) opener in a 1-1 draw (put us 1-0 up) +2 points (or +1 point, depending how you're viewing it)
Spurs (H) second in a 3-1 win (put us 2-0 up) 0 points

Assists
Burnley (H) assisted all three goals in a 3-0 win +2 points
Bournemouth (H) assisted the winner in a 2-1 win +2 points

If you're being generous it's 10 points - 6 for the goals, 4 for the assists. A harsher assessment would be 5 points: nothing for the assists and only one point for the goal at Wolves.

Back end of last season there was a bust up and he went to France while the season was ongoing. Wilder tried a more loving approach over the summer, including a new first XI squad number. In Moose’s head it was just a green light to keep taking life not all that serious. Which only really works if you work at B&M.

Name me another premier league striker who cost a fee of £4m down payment on £20/£25,000 a week. Just one.

Vardy won the league at Leicester cost 1 million, played his first season on 20 grand plus playing bonus. Guess that wont do as an answer somehow, I can feel it in my waters...

Back end of last season there was a bust up and he went to France while the season was ongoing. Wilder tried a more loving approach over the summer, including a new first XI squad number. In Moose’s head it was just a green light to keep taking life not all that serious. Which only really works if you work at B&M.
The reason we got was for him getting his head right because of the ex team mate that died and it affected him badly plus a couple of other family matters. Fair enough cant argue with that.

I think the club were very generous in what they offered him but he certainly has not repaid the kindness. He took the piss basically in my opinion ever since. The Lambo incident was the final chapter for me but we dont know what has happened as a result.

Vardy won the league at Leicester cost 1 million, played his first season on 20 grand plus playing bonus. Guess that wont do as an answer somehow, I can feel it in my waters...
You can have that one. So is mouss still a waste of money?

It's not 15 points though, is it?

Goals:
Everton (A) second in a 2-0 win 0 points
Arsenal (H) winner in a 1-0 win +2 points
West Ham (A) equaliser in a 1-1 draw +1 point
Man U (H) second in a 3-3 draw (put us 2-0 up) +1 point
Wolves (A) opener in a 1-1 draw (put us 1-0 up) +2 points (or +1 point, depending how you're viewing it)
Spurs (H) second in a 3-1 win (put us 2-0 up) 0 points

Assists
Burnley (H) assisted all three goals in a 3-0 win +2 points
Bournemouth (H) assisted the winner in a 2-1 win +2 points

If you're being generous it's 10 points - 6 for the goals, 4 for the assists. A harsher assessment would be 5 points: nothing for the assists and only one point for the goal at Wolves.
Game of opinions isn’t it?

You can have that one. So is mouss still a waste of money?

"On 21 July 2019, Mousset signed for newly promoted Premier League club Sheffield United. The Blades paid a club-record fee in the region of £10m for Mousset"

Plus wages, works out at £2m a goal.

You might think it's a bargain, others would disagree.

Mousset wasnt just all about pace tho.... I actually think his passing in and around the box was pretty clever most of the time, showed he had at least some smarts about him anyway.

I remember Wilder saying something about the club solicitors talking to Mousetts solicitors shortly after the drink drive incident?
I thought at the time it was a bit strange and wondered if they were going to try and terminate his contract or something?

It’s also strange that he hasn’t been to court yet if it’s a simple drink driving offence, as they are normally heard within a couple of weeks?

I wouldn’t be surprised if there was some kind of attempt to pervert the course of justice associated with the incident, which would put a different slant on things and his future at the club?

I remember Wilder saying something about the club solicitors talking to Mousetts solicitors shortly after the drink drive incident?
I thought at the time it was a bit strange and wondered if they were going to try and terminate his contract or something?

It’s also strange that he hasn’t been to court yet if it’s a simple drink driving offence, as they are normally heard within a couple of weeks

I wouldn’t be surprised if there was some kind of attempt to pervert the course of justice associated with the incident, which would put a different slant on things and his future at the club?
Apparently one of the two men left the scene before police arrived. Doesn't say whether it was Moose or his mate tho.

It’s also strange that he hasn’t been to court yet if it’s a simple drink driving offence, as they are normally heard within a couple of weeks?

That is exactly how Bert reads things.

Apparently one of the two men left the scene before police arrived. Doesn't say whether it was Moose or his mate tho.
Presumably it was the driver, whoever he was.

That is exactly how Bert reads things.

Last summer there was a major bust up and Wilder wanted him out of the club...the board wouldnt let it happen due to the pay out of his remaining contract (say 2 years at 30k a week = circa £3m,) plus losing an asset (5m- 10m at the time) for nothing. So Wilder had to integrate him back into the club. Obviously backfired as he's contributing fuck all and being paid handsomely for it.

I think if the club can sack him on grounds of gross misconduct they will. Will have to be more than drink driving i'd imagine as McBurnie wasnt sacked, so if there was a proven case of perverting justice that might be the grounds they need to cut their losses

We won't sack him or pay up his contract. If things are as bad as people are suggesting with him, I can see him being loaned out for the remainder of his contract with us paying a large chuck of his wages.

He clearly doesnt respect the club, wilder, team mates and us fans enough to keep fit, wor hard and try and help us in the current situation. Hes not injured he's just unfit

WYHTP?

No insurance.
No MOT.
Driving under the influence of drink or drugs.
Perverting the course of justice.
Allowing another person to drive without insurance.
Dangerous driving.

Take your pick he could be charged with any one or multiple offences he could well get sent down.

Didn’t he start the next match? If there was a problem I doubt he’d be in the team.

So how much will we have paid for him over the length of his contract, including wages?
Had we stopped in premier league for duration of his contract, £8m. Chicken feed at todays rate. Don’t know about wages.

Last summer there was a major bust up and Wilder wanted him out of the club...the board wouldnt let it happen due to the pay out of his remaining contract (say 2 years at 30k a week = circa £3m,) plus losing an asset (5m- 10m at the time) for nothing. So Wilder had to integrate him back into the club. Obviously backfired as he's contributing fuck all and being paid handsomely for it.

I think if the club can sack him on grounds of gross misconduct they will. Will have to be more than drink driving i'd imagine as McBurnie wasnt sacked, so if there was a proven case of perverting justice that might be the grounds they need to cut their losses
I think there’s been a definite attempt to avoid prosecution as SY Police said that two men had been arrested on suspicion of Drink Driving. Obviously they can’t both have been behind the wheel, so somethings amiss ?

I was on a website last night "Premier Sports Solutions" - a Bournemouth based supplier of cars to footballers etc as they proudly announce.

I only saw one footballer, standing next to a Rolls Royce Cullinan. Yup, Lys Mousset. No doubt his part-ex is worth a few bob less by now though.

Back
Top Bottom