Outgoing? Mousset?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I really can't see what a part time player earning lots of dosh brings to the team/squad/club.

50+ appearances, mainly as sub for Bournemouth in 3 years also - Eddie Howe knew exactly what he was doing when he sold him to us for £8/10m.

I don't believe B'mouth quite had our pants down at that value, but it's certainly verging on it.

Seems another one of those wealthy, young footballers who doesn't seem to think that providing fans with value for money is anything that should bother him, especially as there are numerous clubs that will continue to chuck money at them. His UK CV says a few decent games last season and a cracking goal v Man U - quite simply, it isn't enough and it's a gamble that hasn't really paid off.

getting relegated will mean some players are moved on - surely he has to be near the top of the list.

it's a thanks (for a couple of memories) but goodbye.

UTB

Seems another one of those wealthy, young footballers who doesn't seem to think that providing fans with value for money is anything that should bother him
I’m sure if you asked over 90% of players they’d not be arsed about the fans, but 90% would be bothered about their own performance and have a drive to improve/maintain levels.

Unfortunately, Mousset is is the smaller percentage of those that don’t give a fuck now they have made a few million. He’ll be a player who’ll likely perform again to get a new decent wage, sack it off a bit, repeat the sequence, but getting less and less each time before retiring. Potentially endong up skint at 65.

He’s only ever been a ‘raw’ player in my eyes despite his pace, power and touch at times being sublime. The nearly man, who has been utter shite since December last year.

It's a shame about Moose. If he cared and applied himself, he'd be an absolute world beater. Some of his moments for us last season for example made me think we had a reyt player on our hands. I watch Martial for Man U, and I honestly think Mousset is a better out and out forward than him. The problem is, Mousset can't be arsed. No more frogs signing for the blades please

No more frogs signing for the blades please
Hmmmm...... Not sure how I want to reply to this message. I'll play nice and say give that old head of yours a shake.

Moose being a lazy fuck has nothing to do with him being French. ... He's just a lazy fuck.

What's worrisome to me is the recruitment of these crap character players. These scouts need to start looking at more than just the raw physical attributes.

Hmmmm...... Not sure how I want to reply to this message. I'll play nice and say give that old head of yours a shake.

Moose being a lazy fuck has nothing to do with him being French. ... He's just a lazy fuck.

What's worrisome to me is the recruitment of these crap character players. These scouts need to start looking at more than just the raw physical attributes.
I thought attitude was meant to be a key factor in our recruitment? Just shows how dreadful our recruitment is.

It's a shame about Moose. If he cared and applied himself, he'd be an absolute world beater. Some of his moments for us last season for example made me think we had a reyt player on our hands. I watch Martial for Man U, and I honestly think Mousset is a better out and out forward than him. The problem is, Mousset can't be arsed. No more frogs signing for the blades please
I don't know about you, but I'd happily take giroud if he became available.

Agree here. At times last season, he was unbelievable. But herein lies the issues; at times.

The mental side of football, should not be underestimated in the slightest. I'm a believer that actual ability with the ball (control, passing, shooting etc.) doesn't change too much across any professional levels of the game (with the exception of the odd freak, like Maradona).

The key to becoming a top player is more down to concentration, decisions and discipline. Lys seems to have very little of either of these, at least not consistently. We heard it from Bournemouth fans when he joined. It must therefore be the infamous checklist of traits is no longer being followed when we recruit players. The majority who we have signed from 2019 onwards do not appear to tick these and in my opinion, that's why we're starting to unravel.

I thought attitude was meant to be a key factor in our recruitment? Just shows how dreadful our recruitment is.

I don’t think it’s that. I think we’re recruiting within our means. Mousset was a punt. We can’t afford proven prem goal scorers. £10m doesn’t even get you a top championship striker anymore. He’s got all the attributes and is a world beater on his day. His day just isn’t enough. We can’t afford those who are world beaters everyday or even twice a week. They’re playing for top 6 clubs.

Transfer window just gone was a nod to the future buying in young players who will develop.They’re way out of their depth currently and not helped by the sheer drop off of quality of more senior players who should be better. That plus a ridiculous amount of injuries means they’re being thrust into the deep end because we have no choice.

The only issue with recruitment I see is we should have recruited in midfield. That was a glaring omission of a creative player but fuck me, were any of us really expecting every single one of our midfield players (who were brilliant last year) to come back so inept or get injured? Where’s the Fleck and Norwood from last season? They look league 1? The Lunny position is just fucking embarrassing every way you look at it. Berge out injured and has been shocking for the majority of the season. Ampadu awful and shows none of the ability he’s shown at youth football. We’re playing Basham and Osborn (no disrespect to these too as they put all the effort in but just aren’t the quality we need for the prem) in midfield ffs?

Do we have others in this category ? If so who ?
Not playing well is one thing but having the wrong attitude is something very different

I don’t think it’s that. I think we’re recruiting within our means. Mousset was a punt. We can’t afford proven prem goal scorers. £10m doesn’t even get you a top championship striker anymore. He’s got all the attributes and is a world beater on his day. His day just isn’t enough. We can’t afford those who are world beaters everyday or even twice a week. They’re playing for top 6 clubs.

Transfer window just gone was a nod to the future buying in young players who will develop.They’re way out of their depth currently and not helped by the sheer drop off of quality of more senior players who should be better. That plus a ridiculous amount of injuries means they’re being thrust into the deep end because we have no choice.

The only issue with recruitment I see is we should have recruited in midfield. That was a glaring omission of a creative player but fuck me, were any of us really expecting every single one of our midfield players (who were brilliant last year) to come back so inept or get injured? Where’s the Fleck and Norwood from last season? They look league 1? The Lunny position is just fucking embarrassing every way you look at it. Berge out injured and has been shocking for the majority of the season. Ampadu awful and shows none of the ability he’s shown at youth football. We’re playing Basham and Osborn (no disrespect to these too as they put all the effort in but just aren’t the quality we need for the prem) in midfield ffs?
Agree with all of that bar Bege. Said that before to someone else I think! Berge was the only one offering any form of drive from midfield in my view. Had last season's Fleck and Norwood played with this season's Berge, we'd have a good midfield.

I agree on the midfield front. Why we didn't bring in a RCM after the Swift knockback is mystifying.

I don't fully agree on the transfer front. I feel the fact we will only generally recruit from British leagues means we're basically trying to compete in the Premier League with two arms tied behind our backs. We can't afford to bring in better players because we're paying 20 odd million for a young lad from Liverpool purely based on potential.

I'd also contest the ridiculous amount of injuries assertion. We've had no more than most other teams. We just have a vastly worse squad.

I doubt any world beater has the attribute of laziness or inability to play 90 minutes. We took a punt on him but there were clearly issues around our scouting on him.

Agree with all of that bar Bege. Said that before to someone else I think! Berge was the only one offering any form of drive from midfield in my view. Had last season's Fleck and Norwood played with this season's Berge, we'd have a good midfield.

I’d agree for the first game or two this season but I’d disagree with the remainder. Don’t get me wrong, he’s a fantastic talent and will be a superb player. I found him incredibly frustrating just before his injury. I don’t think he was driving forward as he had been. He was also slowing the play down too much. 3-4 games pre his injury were consistently his worse performance in a blades shirt. - temporary form mind you. Will be brilliant, I have no doubts.

I also think we should be looking abroad more for value.

I think Berge is a terrible example of that mind. :(

"...“It’s in the hands of Lys’ solicitor and the club’s solicitor regarding the incident...."

Wonder if this means that the club's solicitor is helping Mousse, like a service that an employer provides for an employee, or if that means that the club's solicitor and Mousse's solicitor are working out final terms for getting rid, for breaking some part of his contract?

"...“It’s in the hands of Lys’ solicitor and the club’s solicitor regarding the incident...."

Wonder if this means that the club's solicitor is helping Mousse, like a service that an employer provides for an employee, or if that means that the club's solicitor and Mousse's solicitor are working out final terms for getting rid, for breaking some part of his contract?

Wilder didn't seem too angry about it. 🤷‍♂️

I think if he plays tomorrow its the former and if he doesnt its the latter or they are dropping him as part of a fine ? Although saying that we havent got enough players to drop another one as it is.

SUFC must be furious with him as its come at the worst time possible.

They could get him on breach of conduct and class it as misrepresentation of the club and terminate his contract. Even when in public they are meant to be representing SUFC I bet its in the contract.

weird things was...he confiscated everyones phones to stop them taking pictures !!!!!!!
Wouldn't that be called a mugging anywhere else....lol

Nixon reporting in todays rag that CSKA Moscow are interested in Mousset

Also says, that the Blades may be facing an exodus of players as they are on big wage cuts due to relegation. He says several players will not fancy seeing their salaries "halved"

Nowt like stating the obvious I suppose

Also says, that the Blades may be facing an exodus of players as they are on big wage cuts due to relegation. He says several players will not fancy seeing their salaries "halved"

If they didn’t want that, they should have been playing a hell of a lot better.

So we don't pay enough wages to attract players in the PL and now we're not going to pay the wages to keep players in the Championship? So we'll be back to bargain basement L1 shopping again?

Just a thought, but if McCabe had won the Court case he'd have sold out to ALK Capital by now. I think our problem is HRH paid bugger all for the club, has mortgaged it to buy the real estate, and with the PL income he has taken next to no real financial risk, so relegation doesn't worry him and a hopeful punt at next year's promotion campaign will be good enough for him.

I just hope someone comes in and offers him a buyout for a fat profit. Trying to shop at Harrods with a Nectar card, some Tiger Tokens and a book of Green Shield stamps is never going to work for long.

Mousset - get rid immediately.

There's nobody else I want to see the back of next season. Hopefully we can hang onto our top players.

Talks bollocks. Who’s going to want to buy them? None have covered themselves in glory have they

I think thats a case of ‘Cura te ipsum’ 😉

Back
Top Bottom