Most improved player so far this season

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

William Carey

Reaction score
Last season, Norwood got a lot of stick, poor performances, poor free kicks and corners. No end product whatsoever always hitting the the first man.

This season, the complete opposite, Norwood is truly back to his best when we need him. I hope he continues this form for the rest of the season. The fans are giving him a lot less stick as well on the forums. I remember people saying “fuck sake not Norwood again” when looking at the lineup”. You never hear that anymore.

Well done Norwood 👏

Norwood looks better when he’s got legs in midfield like Doyle and berge- also having ndiaye who keeps the ball no matter how difficult the pass is a big help for him 😂

Last season, Norwood got a lot of stick, poor performances, poor free kicks and corners. No end product whatsoever always hitting the the first man.

This season, the complete opposite, Norwood is truly back to his best when we need him. I hope he continues this form for the rest of the season. The fans are giving him a lot less stick as well on the forums. I remember people saying “fuck sake not Norwood again” when looking at the lineup”. You never hear that anymore.

Well done Norwood 👏
I don't believe it's Norwood improving but more the players around him improving allowing Norwood to play his natural game with benefits

I don't believe it's Norwood improving but more the players around him improving allowing Norwood to play his natural game with benefits
You could argue last season though we had “better players” around him?? Morgan and Illiman in the midfield and attack

I think a few have raised their game this season but considering how many wanted Lowe out of the club he has done remarkably well to get his career with us back on track.

Most improved over this season is McAtee.

Agree....pretty obvious really...McAtee now looks a player, he's come to terms with the Championship, which is fantastic for his confidence.
and most improved compared to last season is another easy one....Got to be McBurnie.

you could easily argue that the player who has gone from zero (literally) to Hero this season is McBurnie. UTB

I think it has to go to McBurnie, he's had such a tough couple of years form and injury wise and has never really showed the levels he showed at Swansea, so to be able to turn it around to the point where he is always one of the best players on the pitch this season is remarkable. Hats off to him, he's obviously working hard and it's paying off for him, physically and psychologically

you could easily argue that the player who has gone from zero (literally) to Hero this season is McBurnie. UTB
You could but McB was a good championship striker when we bought him, and didn’t look too out of place in our first PL season. I’d argued that he’s just got his form back after a season disrupted by illness and injury. Same with Norwood, who’s been one of the best championship midfielders since around 2016. They haven’t improved much from that, they’re just at the top of their form. McAtee has never played at the standard he’s now playing at, he was like a little boy at Luton. Now he looks quality. That’s my definition of “improvement”.

Corners aside, Norwood was good last season, post-Slav.

McBurnie is easily the most improved this season.

And all these improvements are down to Hecky, Macca, Jack and the rest of the team.

Now where's Dyche's number?

Most improved over this season is McAtee.

I have to disagree... but I still like the McAtee observation.

McAtee is doing very well and has just scored two really good goals. He is also the player getting all the support from his team mates (watch Berge below).

The player who has the assists for both of McAtee's goals is Iliman Ndiaya.

My consideration is that the star of the show is Iliman Ndiaya. He's the one (when we play away) that silences the home fans, just because they know they have the chance to watch a proper football player.

This season Ndiaya is on a level of his own. This season he is the disruption to the team, because he is so good with his speed and thought of action. No-one can keep up with him.

Consider last year when Ndiaya was always the sub, he was the player - when the team was walking out onto the field - that the guy with the videocamera could always engage with... this is from last week's Blackpool match,

And all these improvements are down to Hecky, Macca, Jack and the rest of the team.

Now where's Dyche's number?

He’s inherited a good squad and been backed by the board. But you really have to give him credit for doing what others couldn’t.

Basically he’s created a solid tactical base, gained the players’ respect, and worked to make every individual better.

The only players who haven’t improved under his management are those towards the end of their career. Our younger players are all developing at a rate.

Regardless of whether we go up, the value in our young players will secure the club’s future.

Quite a few contenders for this award. Lowe has got better but Norwood has really improved it does help him when he has options and he has a lot more than last season. McAtee looked well out of his depth when he arrived but since the break for the World Cup he looks a different player he is up to speed and has toughened up. McBurnie has got back on track and is now showing what some of us knew he was capable of. RND was like a new signing until he got injured as we slowly get players back to full fitness I can only see this team improving. I wouldn't like to say one player has improved the most but as a team we have done well to stay at the top with all the injuries things can only get better surely. We can't forget Ndiaye who couldn't last a hour last season he can terrorise teams for 90mins now and him and a few others are a joy to watch.

Back
Top Bottom