Most classless thing you've seen at a match

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Sheffield United v Leeds - Leeds fans taunting the police all through the match then when the final whistle went Leeds fans then ripped up the seats in the BLUT and throwing them onto the pitch. We were in the South Stand and was asked to wait to leave before they got the Leeds fans out, they refused to go and seats and missiles rained down on the pitch at the police and stewards. Cant remember when this was I know I was with my Grandad so must have been the late 80's or early 90's.

Man city away, think 0-0 in 2001. Wanker city fan launched a mad dog 20/20 bottle into our fans that smashed into a young woman's face stood just in front of us. Made a right mess of her and she was understandably distraught. Cowardly act.
Me and Lady HB were only a few yards from that woman when it happened. Disgusting.

A friend told me that the worst fighting he ever saw was in the Kop just after Mick Jones headed in a Woody corner against Man City in April 1st 1967.
Correct Silent. This was my first ever Blades match and I was stood on the kop . Thankfully, my elder brother was able to keep me out of trouble but it was all over the Sunday papers the following day. My mother wouldn't let me go again for a few years after that.

Sheffield United v Leeds - Leeds fans taunting the police all through the match then when the final whistle went Leeds fans then ripped up the seats in the BLUT and throwing them onto the pitch. We were in the South Stand and was asked to wait to leave before they got the Leeds fans out, they refused to go and seats and missiles rained down on the pitch at the police and stewards. Cant remember when this was I know I was with my Grandad so must have been the late 80's or early 90's.
Beat them 2 - 1, if it's the game I remember. Mel Eves?
Silent Blade

First time I took my dearest Petunia to a game, back in the early 90's, I used to have a season ticket on the kop. We were sat together and behind us were a few Blades and a Blade bird in particular, who'd had rather a lot to drink. Next minute, this drunken Blade bird threw up and some of it went in Petunia's hair. "Welcome to Bramall Lane" eh?

Petunia being Petunia always has spare tissues and wet wipes and stuff like that in her handbag and I was able to help her clean up a bit. But she wasn't impressed! Neither was I. The drunken Blade bird apologised - in fact her exact words were..."I feel a reight wanker for doin' that". Classy eh?

What do you do?

Thankfully the Blade bird remained "barf-free" for the rest of the game. Surprisingly, Petunia didn't let it put her off going again in future. It was one of the things though that made me consider shifting to a different part of the ground. Which I did the following season. I can't say I've regretted it. You still get some drunken idiots in the South Stand but generally speaking you can usually sit and watch the match without getting thrown up on or having people wanting to feight around you, or get up every 5 minutes to go for a piss and a pie.

Crewe away @2015
Our wide player (can’t remember who now) has the ball on the wing but didn’t cross it straightaway so this knob behind me shouted “Cross it u useless c**t”
Player did eventually cross it and Sean Miller (I think) scored.
Suddenly knobhead went quiet for the rest of the game.
I just shook my head and didn’t even bother to look round at him.

For me, Wolves away in 2002 (won 3-1) always sticks in my mind. I was 12 at the time and I remember walking out of the ground at the end, with my Dad and 'The Subway Army'charging the gates, leading from the away end. I remember there being plenty of others a similar age to me caught up in it with their parents and I remember being scared. It then seemed to take an age for the police to re-open the gates, so we could get back to the car.

Other than that, I've largely been lucky enough to avoid being in the thick any real trouble. After the derby at Hillsborough last year was disgusting, as trips their largely are thanks to SYP. I half expected getting belted with a truncheon for having the audacity to try and catch the tram back, in to town.

Why shouldn't someone, with their kid, be able celebrate their team scoring a goal, no matter where they are in a football stadium, without the fear of getting their head stoved in? I don't get it...
In a literal sense you're right of course, but I doubt this has ever been the done thing at any professional match. You'd might even get in trouble if you did it at a non league match.
Common sense should tell you that if you're sat in with the oppo fans, out of respect, you don't openly celebrate if your own team scores.
It's seen as highly disrespectful & extremely likely to wind the oppo fans up.
It's the unwritten rules & mores of attending a football match.

Die die piggy die whenever a United player is injured or stretchered off.
I’ve always found that particularly distasteful and not something I’d ever sing at one of theirs.

This has always stuck in my memory and adds to the reasons why I dislike Pigs so much. After having persuaded a turnstile operator to let me and my mate in for a few quid at the 1979 Boxing Day Derby. I was stood on their Kop near the front towards their North Stand. After the Pigs third goal went in a man and his little lad of about 6 years old in the North Stand decided to leave the ground. He was obviously a Blade and his little lad was decked out in red and white hat and scarf.

As he was walking down the steps Pigs started gesticulating at him and the whole section started singing Boxing Day Massacre. Some stood up in front of him singing in his face as he was leaving but he just carried on walking. His son was obviously badly affected by this and started crying. Any decent human being would have stopped at this point but Pigs started laughing at this and the chant got louder and louder as the Blade departed.

A number of Pigs around us on the Kop were all laughing when suddenly a group of 6 or 7 well built lads turned around and told them they would ram their fists down the throats of those who were laughing if they continued. These were a mixture of Blades and some decent Pigs who had gone to the game together obviously angry at what they had seen.

I've always wondered after all these years who that little lad was and whether he was able to return for Bobby Davison day and enjoy the humiliation we inflicted on them that night.

Huddersfield. Early eighties. Either 82-83 or 83-84 season. In the corner near the exit from the away end they had some old wooden gates that separated the pitch from the away end. As everyone was leaving, it was obviously rammed and people were getting pushed into the gates. At the top of the gates was a copper, maybe a couple I can’t remember, hitting people randomly with their truncheons. It was one of my first away games and when I realised how badly away fans were treated by the police. Wankers.

Yep. The same as when they do it on an aeroplane.

Seeing as it looks like the holiday might be up the Swannee this year, I've decided to recreate the experience at home for my gf.

Pretend I am in Frankie & Bennies leering at the waitress and be already 5 beers in at 5.30am.

Fill the overhead locker with an unnecessarily large carry on bag and a carrier full of overpriced crap from duty free.

Block the aisle telling stories to my mates / family even though I'm going to have plenty of time to do that in the next two weeks. Oh, and make her queue for a piss in the worlds smallest toilet.

Let her browse through an on board catalogue, full of stuff I dont stock. But she can buy me an "aviator" watch for £120

Charge her £10 for a coke and a cheese panini that was last warm when Elvis was alive.

Send a shuttle bus upon landing when at least two are needed, and is driven by a frustrated F1 driver.

Kick the fuck out of her luggage and make her wait an hour for it

Last edited:
A Blade nutting his "best" Blade mate for fuck all.
That was how loyalty ran in the famed BBC.
Just before the Sportsman shut down I was in there after the match minding my own business with a mate having a pint and looking at the big screen.

I heard this short arse mouthing off effing and blinding at people as he walked through in front of the bar.

I turned to look at what the commotion was and caught his eye. Of course the hard man came over and started mouthing at me and tried to nut me.

It was like being hit with a feather duster, pathetically sad and weak.

I was leaving anyway, my mate had just walked out and so I just called him a effing wanker and left.

As I walked out the door I turned to see two or three of his mates supposedly holding him back. I just laughed at him and shook my head.

He and his little group were bbc I was later told. Well if that was them they are truly pathetic and spineless, wankers and classless, the short arse prick in particular.

For me, Wolves away in 2002 (won 3-1) always sticks in my mind. I was 12 at the time and I remember walking out of the ground at the end, with my Dad and 'The Subway Army'charging the gates, leading from the away end. I remember there being plenty of others a similar age to me caught up in it with their parents and I remember being scared. It then seemed to take an age for the police to re-open the gates, so we could get back to the car.

Other than that, I've largely been lucky enough to avoid being in the thick any real trouble. After the derby at Hillsborough last year was disgusting, as trips their largely are thanks to SYP. I half expected getting belted with a truncheon for having the audacity to try and catch the tram back, in to town.
Yeah, remember it well. Fortunately we were well back and could just hear the scrapping at the gates. We went back in the ground and walked across the pitch to get out of the home fans exit once we realised they were keeping us in.

Now don’t get me wrong, I fucking detest Terry Curran even when he played for us, but does anyone remember Tony Kenworthy spitting directly at him (could have been in his face if someone can confirm it). at the Lane when we drew 1-1 ? Not a great advert for football or SUFC.

I’ll await the abuse when you all say the gypo deserved it !! 😆

Now don’t get me wrong, I fucking detest Terry Curran even when he played for us, but does anyone remember Tony Kenworthy spitting directly at him (could have been in his face if someone can confirm it). at the Lane when we drew 1-1 ? Not a great advert for football or SUFC.

Curran and Kenworthy became good mates after Curran joined United.

A friend told me that the worst fighting he ever saw was in the Kop just after Mick Jones headed in a Woody corner against Man City in April 1st 1967.
In that decade always felt sorry for the Police, probably half a dozen at most,no protective stuff like today trying to hold back hundreds of fighting fans. Helmets everywhere and that was just the fans.

First time I took my dearest Petunia to a game, back in the early 90's, I used to have a season ticket on the kop. We were sat together and behind us were a few Blades and a Blade bird in particular, who'd had rather a lot to drink. Next minute, this drunken Blade bird threw up and some of it went in Petunia's hair. "Welcome to Bramall Lane" eh?

Petunia being Petunia always has spare tissues and wet wipes and stuff like that in her handbag and I was able to help her clean up a bit. But she wasn't impressed! Neither was I. The drunken Blade bird apologised - in fact her exact words were..."I feel a reight wanker for doin' that". Classy eh?

What do you do?

Thankfully the Blade bird remained "barf-free" for the rest of the game. Surprisingly, Petunia didn't let it put her off going again in future. It was one of the things though that made me consider shifting to a different part of the ground. Which I did the following season. I can't say I've regretted it. You still get some drunken idiots in the South Stand but generally speaking you can usually sit and watch the match without getting thrown up on or having people wanting to feight around you, or get up every 5 minutes to go for a piss and a pie.
Petunia 😅 not heard that name for years. Cueeeee. Going to be lots of 🤔

Is that a sailing dinghy ???

oooh look he’s waving at us !!

😆😆👍
I do miss those "public information" broadcasts. The one you refer to is a classic of course. Maybe worth a thread of its own? I'll start one in the General Chat section and see what happens! ;)

(There must be some more old farts on here who will appreciate it?) :D

I do miss those "public information" broadcasts. The one you refer to is a classic of course. Maybe worth a thread of its own? I'll start one and see what happens! ;)

youtube links, naturally

let the young uns see what they are missing. None of this Prime Minister doing a national TV announcement to protect the UK population 😆

A couple of things - the Linesman incident away at Portsmouth, and Keith Curle in the main, but especially the way he was trying to get himself sent off in the BOBL game.

Not the worse thing I’ve seen but I remember Curran playing in a testermonial for us while he still played for pigs ,has he came down the old John street tunnel my mate threw a cup of boiling hot tea on him through the fence

Back
Top Bottom