Most classless thing you've seen at a match

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

FA cup semi against Hull, the bloke sat next to me was spitting on the floor for the full game - well up to the point where they started fighting fellow blades. Retards.
My mate and his young son, who had started coming to games with me and my lad, were sat just behind the knobheads who started fighting with their own fans. Never been so embarrassed and spent the entire journey home convincing him that the vast majority of Blades fans were fine and they were not typical. Not sure he believed me though

Pigs abusing Jamie Ward after being stretchered off infront of them.

Not there, but Footage of pig fans smacking Palace fans after being relegated.
Alan Quinn took a load of abuse off our fans after being stretchered off against us at the sty when he played for them. I think anyone who abused either player are as bad as each other.

Play off final against Palace a disabled Blade behind us (luckily not directly behind) pissing over everyone when he was pissed out of his brain....Had he not been disabled there would have been a queue waiting to drop him...pissed all over a load of female Blade supporters...not forgotten hope he is reading this...TWAT!!!

One of a pair of lower league footballing twins racially abusing a mixed race young blade from Darnall, probably only 14/15 at the time, it must be said that the aforementioned young man was banging on top of the old John St players tunnel at the time, if memory serves.
We all found it funny and laughed because we were kids, but looking back its scarcely belivable that things like that happened are were never reported.

I know this won't go down well because it's about our own, but about 98, maybe 99, we were at home to I think Birmingham. Don't know why but I was sat on the South Stand (always normally Kop), they scored and (bloody stupidly) one of their fans jumped up celebrating a few rows in front.

He was very, very unlucky to be sat bang in the middle of a load of 'boys' (I don't know but there was a load of them) and he got the living shite beaten out of him before he got led away. Bloody daft for doing it yes, but he was about 5'8", looked like an insurance salesman or summat, with his young son. Genuinely fuck all hard about twatting him, probably only time I've been embarrassed to be a Blade
Ok the guy should not have celebrated but did this really happen in front of his son?!

Ok the guy should not have celebrated but did this really happen in front of his son?!
Yep. Son (probably about 9 or 10) sat right next to him. No warning or word from them (he must have been sat in the middle of a group of about 20 Blades, wouldn't like to speculate who they were...) absolutely battered, and led away covered in blood with a distraught son. Embarrassing.

Yep. Son (probably about 9 or 10) sat right next to him. No warning or word from them (he must have been sat in the middle of a group of about 20 Blades, wouldn't like to speculate who they were...) absolutely battered, and led away covered in blood with a distraught son. Embarrassing.
I find that staggering to be honest

Blades threatening two 70 year old looking pig fans after a derby 'you want it you piggy cunts'

Pig fans intimidating and threatening two young Blades in their early teens who were stood by a car on Herries Road after the 1-0 in League 1

Millwall fans en masse throwing stones and bottles at ordinary fans including kids and pensioners

Too many instances of racism to list

Neil Warnock
Concurrence with 1-4 the like for number 5

Nowhere near as bad as some examples listed but:

A Blade outside Notts county throwing a beer bottle at a bus and singing ‘we’re Sheff United, we do what we want.’

Anyone who lets a flare off.

Millwall away - fans holding the ball, hiding it because they we’re winning only to throw it on the pitch when another ball is found. When Didzy scores late on to make it 3-2 it was one of the best football experiences of my life.

What a thoroughly depressing thread this is......I'm not suggesting that what's been described didn't happen, I've witnessed the worst excesses of humanity through a fatuous connection with football. Somehow, football attracts a pathology that seems to think it's acceptable to behave like thugs, bullies, or in some instances, far, far worse. Of course it's nothing to do with football, you might as well say the same about those who rob banks and use methods to achieve their aims which could be described as sub-human.

What football has done over the decades is attract a certain type of individual who consider it acceptable to use the most appalling behaviour to justify their so-called allegiance to a club. And before anyone imagines that SUFC has little experience of this, think again. The 'celebrity' that surrounds the BBC (Blades Business Crew) should reveal that this club had a small minority who behaved like neanderthals when it suited them. Perhaps the aging process has diminished their notoriety, but we had a group of vicious cretins who embraced violence and drug dealing and couldn't give a fuck about anyone, and that includes decent fellow Blades.

This documentary is a pretty good example of some of the worst behaviour you're likely to see at football games. England fans abroad, truly embarrassing. Very, very few of them can actually fight and are just bullies in large numbers. When it kicks off, it's all arms, legs, one step forward, couple backwards, posturing, throw a few missiles, run back behind the front line. Pathetic. In this documentary there are several examples of England fans picking on ordinary foreign fans who innocently think they're joining in with a party. One poor lad is punched in the face and has his glasses stolen. He asks the crowd for them back and instead they mock him and take a photo of his bloodied face on their camera phones.

I sympathise with the normal England fans that got caught up in the trouble in Marseilles, but justice was probably served to many of our compatriots at the hands of the Russians.

I saw lots of comments "our top boys all have banning orders, otherwise we'd have smashed them up." No you wouldn't. You overweight, middle aged, uneducated fuck wit. Being a chav & wearing certain clothing does not make you hard. Growing up under a tough regime, in harsh climates, with military service, gym work & fitness training does.

Last edited:

Violence aside. My cousin (a leeds fan) came over and insisted we went to watch the Mongs. So I had to take him. We stood near the bottom of their terrace. When one of the Mongs couldn't be arsed to walk to the toilets and decided to piss straight out in front of him. When he finished the usual mongy "C'mon Wensdi" words were shouted.

What a thoroughly depressing thread this is......I'm not suggesting that what's been described didn't happen, I've witnessed the worst excesses of humanity through a fatuous connection with football. Somehow, football attracts a pathology that seems to think it's acceptable to behave like thugs, bullies, or in some instances, far, far worse. Of course it's nothing to do with football, you might as well say the same about those who rob banks and use methods to achieve their aims which could be described as sub-human.

What football has done over the decades is attract a certain type of individual who consider it acceptable to use the most appalling behaviour to justify their so-called allegiance to a club. And before anyone imagines that SUFC has little experience of this, think again. The 'celebrity' that surrounds the BBC (Blades Business Crew) should reveal that this club had a small minority who behaved like neanderthals when it suited them. Perhaps the aging process has diminished their notoriety, but we had a group of vicious cretins who embraced violence and drug dealing and couldn't give a fuck about anyone, and that includes decent fellow Blades.
👍
No one should come home from watching a football match covered in blood, injured or worse.
These cunts (at both our clubs & others) weren't going for the football & should have been nowhere near a football crowd.

I find that staggering to be honest

Really
Have you led a very sheltered life ?
Unfortunately there are some really sick/thick people in this world all football clubs have them including ours.
Infact recently I think we have more than our fair share.

I remember being at Valley Parade in the early 80s, and Bradford fans were throwing darts into the Blades enclosure. Classless, and very frightening.
Remember that. The huge stand behind the goal which is now occupied by home fans used to be an open kop split down the middle. Was either the 82/3 or 83/4 season and was like the battle of Hastings with the number of arrows. Plenty scored direct hits. Did anyone consider the risks of blinding people? Utter scum

👍
No one should come home from watching a football match covered in blood, injured or worse.
These cunts (at both our clubs & others) weren't going for the football & should have been nowhere near a football crowd.

Good post mate, and also good you mentioned your own bunch of 'supporters'.

Almost all clubs have a core of what I'd call disturbed individuals, who, when part of a group, forget all the rules of civilised society and revert to type, in this case their most primal need to cause harm and injury to anyone who happens to stand in their way. There's a tribal allegiance to a club that is impossible to justify, yet somehow these morons consider it acceptable to think that the fact that they live within a certain catchment area allows them the opportunity to behave like thugs as they 'represent' the club they feel affiliated to.

What I do find unnerving is that this affiliation often boils over into a hatred of certain rivals. We have a rivalry, intense at times, with Wednesday, and at times the hostility is something I make sure I'm removed from. I enjoy the banter between us and other clubs, but do I hate any club's supporters? No, it's a waste of energy as well as the fact that it's based on a set of motives that are quite simply, stupid. I love my club, but would I spill blood for it? Fortunately the Blades I know also possess the same values as myself, hopefully the same applies with your good self mate.

Much of the same from me, but will just do A few from the actions of ‘blades’. Countless examples from other clubs but cant be arsed to go through them apart from one.

As someone said earlier the chants about the woman re Ched Evans

blade calling an Asian linesman a ‘p*ki’ against Colchester in cup (2006). blades fans chants at bradford related to the ethnicity of some of the city poplulation

blades fighting at Wembley vs Hull..how it didn’t get the same headlines as Millwall vs Wigan I’ll never know

a welsh blade launching a bottle of wine (no idea how he got it in) at pigs fans in their south stand when we lost in the Robson year from the top tier. ‘Luckily’ it clipped the top of their scoreboard and shattered all over the police below.Would have done some serious damage if it hadn’t hit the board

and the none blades one...was in the Pub which is now called Graduate (forget its name then) around 2000..arsenal had played pigs and in walked a gooner took a look at us sat around a table (a few of the lads were black) and did the nazi salute and shouted seig heil and then walked off! The most surreal thing ever!! We were stunned into silence

Good post mate, and also good you mentioned your own bunch of 'supporters'.

Almost all clubs have a core of what I'd call disturbed individuals, who, when part of a group, forget all the rules of civilised society and revert to type, in this case their most primal need to cause harm and injury to anyone who happens to stand in their way. There's a tribal allegiance to a club that is impossible to justify, yet somehow these morons consider it acceptable to think that the fact that they live within a certain catchment area allows them the opportunity to behave like thugs as they 'represent' the club they feel affiliated to.

What I do find unnerving is that this affiliation often boils over into a hatred of certain rivals. We have a rivalry, intense at times, with Wednesday, and at times the hostility is something I make sure I'm removed from. I enjoy the banter between us and other clubs, but do I hate any club's supporters? No, it's a waste of energy as well as the fact that it's based on a set of motives that are quite simply, stupid. I love my club, but would I spill blood for it? Fortunately the Blades I know also possess the same values as myself, hopefully the same applies with your good self mate.
Banter & rivalry is a big (& let's face it, enjoyable) part of the game. As soon as it turns to violence, well, it just never should. There's no excuse for it.
You're right mate, for some reason football-going gave thugs something to hide behind, to behave like lawless maniacs.
I wonder when & where did it all start?
It was clearly there in the '70's, was it there in the '60's or '50's?
Maybe we needed another world war..

Violence aside. My cousin (a leeds fan) came over and insisted we went to watch the Mongs. So I had to take him. We stood near the bottom of their terrace. When one of the Mongs couldn't be arsed to walk to the toilets and decided to piss straight out in front of him. When he finished the usual mongy "C'mon Wensdi" words were shouted.
Calling anyone 'Mongs'....classless

Banter & rivalry is a big (& let's face it, enjoyable) part of the game. As soon as it turns to violence, well, it just never should. There's no excuse for it.
You're right mate, for some reason football-going gave thugs something to hide behind, to behave like lawless maniacs.
It was certainly there in the 60's.
Bert can remember when somebody chucked acid on the Kop at The Lane.

I stand to be corrected but I think football has had thuggery in gang form for as far back as the more elderly amongst us have confirmed to me.

Yes, what makes rivalry especially worthwhile is when it's a local club that represents everything you find irritating in a rival. Our city's second club seem obsessed by the apparent 'fact' that they're bigger than the Blades, in spite of the fact that their crowds are substantially lower than ours. They keep harking back to the past, as if the present and future are an irrelevance, which given how woefully they've performed, both on and off the pitch, seems odd if not worrying.

Your question about when and where it began......well Sheffield has an historic legacy of gang wars. These gangs began before football intervened (so I'm lead to believe), but most parts of the UK have their own versions, and I'm sure there are local histories that can be relied on to verify the when and where's.

Saw my multimillionaire big shot city banker pal and our mutual road sweeper mate hanging out at a game.

Oh. Not that kind of classless.

Back
Top Bottom