CONFIRMED Moose gone

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

He's still done more in 60 minutes at Barnsley this season then some of the other players in the squad (Oli McB)

I absolutely loved Moose - about 80% of my posts on here have been defending him.

Even I have to admit letting him go was the right call.

The poor bastard was born in the wrong time, if he’d been around in the 90’s he would have won a Balon D’or, and then celebrated with a family bucket wrapped in one of those big Costco pizzas.

Mousse was talented, but wouldn't put the work in. Always came across as a nice lad, scored a few important goals for us, scored against Man Utd, can't take that away from him.

But if you want to see talent, and hard graft, look no further than Morgan Gibbs-White, running relentlessly from the starting whistle to the final one. Look at Billy Sharp, keeping in great shape (arguably better in the last few years than his younger years), look at Chris Basham. And if you want to drop down the pecking order, look at RND, might not be the most skilful lad on the pitch, but will run his socks off over 90 minutes, same goes for Ben Osborn.

You see, this to me is where CW and AK came unstuck, with their checklist approach to recruitment. One of the questions on the list should have been "will you run yourself into the ground for 90 minutes, week in, week out?, will you make sure that all the Sheffield United supporters, both home and away, come out of the ground after a game, knowing that you gave everything and left it all on the pitch?" Will you give us, and the supporters, nothing less than 100%?"

The injuries bit (for Mousse) I can live with, because we have had so many players injured this season (more than I can ever remember) then it's not always the players fault, but just keeping fit, keeping in good shape, knowing that you can earn enough to eat KFC for the rest of your life, when you retire, as long as you eat sensibly and train, while you are still "working", that should be the minimum we expect.

You see, this to me is where CW and AK came unstuck, with their checklist approach to recruitment. One of the questions on the list should have been "will you run yourself into the ground for 90 minutes, week in, week out?, will you make sure that all the Sheffield United supporters, both home and away, come out of the ground after a game, knowing that you gave everything and left it all on the pitch?" Will you give us, and the supporters, nothing less than 100%?"
The irony is that the recruitment during the first few years most definitely did include that criteria. They were fishing in different waters when we got to the Prem and couldn’t quite adapt the successful recruitment strategy.

Fans: "hey Lys, probably not good for you to be eating kebabs and KFC at 3am every weekend you know"

Moose:

Back
Top Bottom