Memorable free kicks at the lane

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

The game was good, but was it really better than Bouncing Day???
I wasn't at Bouncing Day in person so yeah. As an event in the club's history, obviously not. But the atmosphere in the 2nd half that day is the best \I remember. Plus, we absolutely annihilated Derby. They wanted absolutely nothing to do with it 2nd half

I remember Mel Stirland's for Leeds against us at the Lane. For some reason we had two players in the 'wall' and they were stood about 10 yards apart!

How many free kicks did Borbokis score? Four or five? Our best free kick taker i've ever seen.

I think this thread highlights how poor we've been from direct free kicks, particularly in recent years.

Do I remember Willie Falconer scoring a direct free kick on the opening day of the season against Swindon, or is my mind playing tricks influenced by the passage of time?

Get em all posted on this thread to cheer us up a bit

I think Alan Wright scored a free kick that seemed to take forever to go in.

Against us, I think Jeff McKenna scored a beauty for Preston, but we went on to win 2-1 if memory serves.

Tonge against Cardiff has already been mentioned, but didn't Richard Langley score one for them as well?

Didn't Mike Lake bang a stunner free kick in, I know he smashed a couple of beauties but can't remember if they were free kicks or not.
Over to the statos

Erickson's for Spurs in the league cup semi was the best I've seen live.

Norwood vs Villa and Blackburn.

Beatts vs dem pigs.

Quite a few from Brown. The one vs Reading springs to mind.

Tonge Vs West Ham.

Baxter Vs Oldham. My old school mate Mark Oxley was in goal. He'd never go in goal on Lodge Lane Park in Aston 😂.

I remember steven quinn scoring one at the Kop end, not spectacular but right at the edge of the box which is very hard to do
Ask Norwood! 😂

Back
Top Bottom