Meadowhall Official Club Store coming soon.

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Stick to the club shop at BL, makes sense not to renew if they're not making enough to cover the rent.

It was a bit overkill.
The pork stall around the corner must cost about a quarter of the rent that our store did.
It was one of the few shops in Meadowhall that I liked though.

We’re going to have a couple of blokes with Tshirts and posters spread across the floor in the car park, like after gigs at the Arena.

Surely would have made sense for all involved to extend until the end of the year to catch the Christmas trade? Meadowhall do short term leases; Ronnie O Sullivan has one every year for a couple of months around the World Champs. The band The Lathums(?) had one for a month as well at one bit for an album launch, I think. Plus theres the Halloween shop that pops up every year. Cant imagine Meadowhall have a waiting list, judging by all the other empty units.

Is it not worth taking a small hit even if you're not making money for the exposure and prestige of having a shop in the biggest (only, really) shopping centre in Sheffield? Really?

Seems short sighted, and I do know Meadowhall units take the piss, but not the point.

What??? I've just spent £96 on an away shirt and shorts for my 5 year olds Xmas present, they'd only have to sell a couple of them a month to pay the rent!

It would be interesting to see how sales looked over the period of it being open, and whether the last few months have shown a downward trend due to a feeling of fan disengagement, or whether the two years in the Championship were a bigger effect.

Dont worry people get yourself on DH Gate similar quality at 1/5th of the price

The clubs been run into the ground its a stark contrast to the first season back in the prem when club invested so much

Another problem is the very limited stock that’s on sale. On the 3 occasions I went in they had no goalkeeper shirts, no long sleeved tops etc… it was short sleeve home and away and a couple of retros as well as the usual crap nobody wants. Not to mention far too many staff, most of whom were stood around doing nothing

It was a bit overkill.
The pork stall around the corner must cost about a quarter of the rent that our store did.
It was one of the few shops in Meadowhall that I liked though.
I’d say their rent won’t be even close to a quarter of the rent of blades store, not one up manship but just going on floor space that unit will probably be priced less than one of the small independent units in the lanes just around the corner where as we’d have been paying a small fortune for that shop.

On a side note as chilidish as it was i once said to a pal at the match who’s a bit daft ‘you should drop a stink bomb in that store’ week later he went in, did a bit of browsing looking interested, did the old ankle scratch and placed a few on the floor, then stood on them as he left.

Hi Stegosaurus here

A bit tinpot that is. The Wednesday store still going strong, I see. Last time I walked past, on the way to the Blades store because I'm a Blades fan, the Wednesday store was heaving. There was a report and the Wednesday store gets more footfall than even the Man City club store.

Hi Stegosaurus here

A bit tinpot that is. The Wednesday store still going strong, I see. Last time I walked past, on the way to the Blades store because I'm a Blades fan, the Wednesday store was heaving. There was a report and the Wednesday store gets more footfall than even the Man City club store.
Did you buy a Terry Curran syrup whilst you were in the Wednesday store?

The Wednesday stall was moved to make room for more food concessions.

A Premier League Club can’t afford the rent on a shop in its own city.

Any other PL club this would be bonkers.

We’ve no money but should continue forking out munneh on what’s probably a loss making venture. Book-keeping 101.

How my any of you have bought a snide shirt?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom