McBurnie

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Absolute.

Fucking.

Bollox.

Do some of our fans have a penchant for players that consistently miss gilt edged chances ?

That never ever win back possession cos they are far too slow to cover the ground and react to situations ?

Scored a good penalty. Let’s leave it at that.

Hooked after 50 odd mins should tell you everything.

Unequivocally more a part of our offensive problems than he could ever be a solution.

UTB
When the other option is over enthusiastic puppy-esque Brewster and Archer whose ball retention is poor (being polite), McBurnie is levels apart based on the games we’ve had this season.

You know I’m no Oli Mac fanboy as well.

He wasn't fuckin hooked. If you were there, it was clear to everyone that he was limping when he went off and he's apparently having a scan on Monday. If you're gonna have a pop at the Manager, players, club, fans, everything SUFC, at least get your fuckin facts right.
Injured again, unbelievable ... there has to be some reason why him and brewster can't stay fit, be it diet, training, drink, lifestyle, conditioning.. or a combination of all these.

With a lot of our players it feels like blokes from down the pub supping pints all week then giving it a go on a saturday, they are just not athletes at all

I know we have about 7 forwards injured atm, but you would have thought it was a good idea to have another big lad up top who could play the target man role as an alternative, in case McBurnie suffered one of his fairly frequent injuries...

Well I would have thought it was worth a cheap punt anyway, but then I'm not the all seeing Hecky, Jack and Stuart McCall.

I am amazed there's people slagging him when the moment he went off it was obvious we badly missed him.

He's probably going to be out a while now so the people who don't like him will be delighted.... We won't have a single striker who can keep hold of the ball for more than a moment on battle defenders but at least they'll be happy as the ball comes straight back like it did after the 50th minute

Absolute.

Fucking.

Bollox.

Do some of our fans have a penchant for players that consistently miss gilt edged chances ?

That never ever win back possession cos they are far too slow to cover the ground and react to situations ?

Scored a good penalty. Let’s leave it at that.

Hooked after 50 odd mins should tell you everything.

Unequivocally more a part of our offensive problems than he could ever be a solution.

UTB
297.jpg

He got a groin injury on 20 mins. It was really obvious from the BLUT. I was surprised he carried on as long as he did
Kind of sums up the ridiculous way we manage injuries, he looked like he was struggling with his groin after 20 mins like you say, he was constantly feeling it and struggling to run properly. Fair play to Oli has he wanted to battle on and scored the pen. But what was the conversation at half time with the management and medical staff? " we know you are fucked oli but just give us another 5 mins and see how you get on". Probably set him back even further now playing on with that injury for another 30 mins after the initial pull up. I have no confidence that our management and medical staff know what they are doing regarding injuries, I've not seen anything like what's going on with regards to injuries. How many do we have out now about 12?

Kind of sums up the ridiculous way we manage injuries, he looked like he was struggling with his groin after 20 mins like you say, he was constantly feeling it and struggling to run properly. Fair play to Oli has he wanted to battle on and scored the pen. But what was the conversation at half time with the management and medical staff? " we know you are fucked oli but just give us another 5 mins and see how you get on". Probably set him back even further now playing on with that injury for another 30 mins after the initial pull up. I have no confidence that our management and medical staff know what they are doing regarding injuries, I've not seen anything like what's going on with regards to injuries. How many do we have out now about 12?
The Howard Kendall excuse machine read 'injuries injuries injuries.' Non stop. 1996 97.

Billy would've been better today.

Saw him yesterday in the MLS. Bossing it.

Sadly, Blades fans don't know it.

McBurnie, not good enough.

UTB
Only thing Billy would have been better at today would be throwing himself too the ground.
The Scottish Premiership is a better standard than the MLS.

The Howard Kendall excuse machine read 'injuries injuries injuries.' Non stop. 1996 97.
Its not really an excuse though is it this time its the truth, you have a squad of 25 or players that are going to struggle to finish higher than 17th then you take 10 or 12 of them out of that squad and we basically have a team of bottom championship/league 1. We are fucked, I just would like to know why every season we are fucked injury wise. Maybe it's time to start thinking about having a change in the sport science, medical, and physio department because the current set up seems to rush players back, make them play on when they are knackered or injured and as others have alluded to we look absolutely ruined after about 70 mins every game this season.

281F4AF1-A9C3-4306-AF25-29DEE9EE88C7.jpeg
Was good to see Oli smiling last night and sticking that penalty away.

Hopefully the injury isn’t too bad.

Its not really an excuse though is it this time its the truth, you have a squad of 25 or players that are going to struggle to finish higher than 17th then you take 10 or 12 of them out of that squad and we basically have a team of bottom championship/league 1. We are fucked, I just would like to know why every season we are fucked injury wise. Maybe it's time to start thinking about having a change in the sport science, medical, and physio department because the current set up seems to rush players back, make them play on when they are knackered or injured and as others have alluded to we look absolutely ruined after about 70 mins every game this season.
Yeah but Hecky is purely droning on about injuries, excuses ready made cos he hasn't the faintest idea what he's doing currently.

Billy would've been better today.

Saw him yesterday in the MLS. Bossing it.

Sadly, Blades fans don't know it.

McBurnie, not good enough.

UTB
There are 12 players as old or older than Billy registered in the 'big 5' Euro leagues. None if them have scored yet this season

There are only 15 players in the whole PL over 34yrs 0days (as of today). They've scored 2 between them. Jay Rodriguez is the only CF in the group.

He got 2 in 38 apps at a lower level in a better team last season.

There's loads more. Billy isn't the answer

Absolute.

Fucking.

Bollox.
Is exactly what folks know they’re going to be reading when the ones you haven’t already bored into hitting the ignore button notice that you’ve posted something. Self awareness should tell you by now that your myopic views, especially on McBurnie, aren’t exactly respected on here.

Yeah but Hecky is purely droning on about injuries, excuses ready made cos he hasn't the faintest idea what he's doing currently.
Fair point, I try not to listen to him at the moment or any other player or staff interviews it just depresses me. I dont think hecky is by any means faultless in our predicament at the moment, some of his tactics and how he sets up most games is baffling to me aswell as the subs he has made. I was tearing my hair out last night watching Rashford in about 30 yards of space for the duration of the first half and no one doing anything about it. Then I thought about it and I'm convinced Bogle was told to just leave him and tuck in and be closer to trusty, we got away with it for the most part but God knows how.

Perhaps he should have spent some of him small budget then on being able to afford the creature that I describe then. Perhaps not bringing in TD with a signing on fee of a million quid and a 3 year deal might have helped go in that general direction.

Some of us on here were saying that bringing in TD was a big mistake and that he was a crock. Don't believe it, check out the thread in him then. Another example of wasting the small amount of resources we had in the wrong areas. Oh and Slimane. £2m on him and he can't even get a game in front of Osborn who's just back from injury. So stop with that PH hasn't had any money nonsense. He's not had a lot granted, but what he has had doesn't look to have been spent particularly wisely right now.
The description you gave looked more like £10m than £2m.
Apologies, but who is TD ?

Fair point, I try not to listen to him at the moment or any other player or staff interviews it just depresses me. I dont think hecky is by any means faultless in our predicament at the moment, some of his tactics and how he sets up most games is baffling to me aswell as the subs he has made. I was tearing my hair out last night watching Rashford in about 30 yards of space for the duration of the first half and no one doing anything about it. Then I thought about it and I'm convinced Bogle was told to just leave him and tuck in and be closer to trusty, we got away with it for the most part but God knows how.
Maybe Bogle is just a poor defender. Like you it worried me that Rashford had so much space.

Perhaps he should have spent some of him small budget then on being able to afford the creature that I describe then. Perhaps not bringing in TD with a signing on fee of a million quid and a 3 year deal might have helped go in that general direction.

Some of us on here were saying that bringing in TD was a big mistake and that he was a crock. Don't believe it, check out the thread in him then. Another example of wasting the small amount of resources we had in the wrong areas. Oh and Slimane. £2m on him and he can't even get a game in front of Osborn who's just back from injury. So stop with that PH hasn't had any money nonsense. He's not had a lot granted, but what he has had doesn't look to have been spent particularly wisely right now.
Realise you refer to Davies. That move may pan out to be good, but at present I agree it has not worked.
It seems to be generally accepted by managers in general that 50% success rate with acq is good, with 25% ok and 25% failed.
I think Alex F was one of the first I heard making these comments.
At present Hecky seems to be slightly better than average.

I thought Rashford looked disinterested.

OK superstar.

Tell me EXACTLY what we miss ?

Be as specific, detailed and technical as you so desire.

Genuinely interested.

If you are as confident as you, and others claim to be, im expecting a detailed dosier of a dozen points that extends beyond he won a couple of headers in our own box.

Over to you 👍

UTB
What an absolute bell end you are. Clearly no football sense or nous. Or just a brilliant troll and I’ve got all in

I know we have about 7 forwards injured atm, but you would have thought it was a good idea to have another big lad up top who could play the target man role as an alternative, in case McBurnie suffered one of his fairly frequent injuries...

Well I would have thought it was worth a cheap punt anyway, but then I'm not the all seeing Hecky, Jack and Stuart McCall.

Not signing kieffer Moore is a massive blunder from the club

As a back up he would have been quality

Sounds like Oli is publicly declaring himself fit to play.
Sadly, I've noticed this type of thing before re injuries and mind games with United. An example is having an injured player do the press conference as the interviewed player to imply they're playing and no mention of an injury but then the player in question doesn't play. Now, it could be that they've got injured after the press conference, but I'm sceptical of that. McBurnie was one of the players I recall was missing after doing a press conference, to be honest I can't remember anymore but not sure.

Back
Top Bottom