McBurnie

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

JayGreen17

Reaction score
Wilder trying to make a point tonight... with his over 45’s comment before the game...well it failed..play a winning team where possible.

Lumping it up to McBurnie isn’t a look against a tream like Chelsea, we needed men on the ball to keep possession, one up to with Goldie on.

Wilder will now persist on playing that useless twat and the team will see an easy outlet due to the quality press they face, all the work the team had done over the last few weeks will be lost, BALL TO FEET, KEEP THE BALL... IS IT THAT DIFFICULT

Wilder trying to make a point tonight... with his over 45’s comment before the game...well it failed..play a winning team where possible.

Lumping it up to McBurnie isn’t a look against a tream like Chelsea, we needed men on the ball to keep possession, one up to with Goldie on.

Wilder will now persist on playing that useless twat and the team will see an easy outlet due to the quality press they face, all the work the team had done over the last few weeks will be lost, BALL TO FEET, KEEP THE BALL... IS IT THAT DIFFICULT
Sharp on,all day long.
Looked dangerous in the limited time Wilder in his infinite wisdom gave him.

The first half tactics of either hit it to McB or bang it into a channel for Burke were awful. Wilder talks about not giving up possession easily but that’s all we did tonight.
totally agree either a hopeful punt in the air to mcburnie or hitting it in to a channel for burke hasnt worked everytime weve tried it and didnt work tonight chris got it all wrong tonight im afraid

Well if he can't he did a very good impression against WBA (especially when we changed formation and got him some sort of service to work with)
How many times has he started and been taken off after an hour after doing nowt ?
Love the bloke but age is catching up

Best thing of late McBurnie being injured, we started to turn the tide without him and look to give it a fight. Just hoping with him back we dont go back to a whimper.

Said it on another thread but we really do use McBurnie in the wrong way. He tried his best but he just isn’t strong enough to play with his back to goal while we hoof balls up to him.

Look at the goals he’s scored for us and against us for Barnsley and Swansea, all in between the penalty spot and the six yard box. He’s more of a poacher than a target man. He’d be more use in games where we get the ball down and create chances.

mcburnie simply doesnt fit our system he did with swanseas but they played 433 absolute waste of 20m im afraid i would let him go for half of that but doubt we would get offered that much bad signing by chris

Said it on another thread but we really do use McBurnie in the wrong way. He tried his best but he just isn’t strong enough to play with his back to goal while we hoof balls up to him.

Look at the goals he’s scored for us and against us for Barnsley and Swansea, all in between the penalty spot and the six yard box. He’s more of a poacher than a target man. He’d be more use in games where we get the ball down and create chances.
I agree, I said in the shout box, look at watkins, do you think he would get 10 goals in our team? At villa he's got grealish, barkley etc supplying him. If/when we have more possession next season in the championship I would be confident of him getting 20 goals.

I would agree with you if it were not for the fact he wins headers. So the instruction is boot it upto McBurnie. What they practice after that is beyond me. You know he is going to win one so why isnt a player stood there waiting for the ball off him.

I agree, I said in the shout box, look at watkins, do you think he would get 10 goals in our team? At villa he's got grealish, barkley etc supplying him. If/when we have more possession next season in the championship I would be confident of him getting 20 goals.

Would have liked to have seen how him and Duffy played together. If we can get the ball into him in the right positions, he will score goals.

I'd love it if mcdrunk never played for us again. I'd love it.

I would agree with you if it were not for the fact he wins headers. So the instruction is boot it upto McBurnie. What they practice after that is beyond me. You know he is going to win one so why isnt a player stood there waiting for the ball off him.

I agree he’s great in the air as well. I think our midfield is often so slow in catching up the long ball that we’ve often lost it by the time he has any support. Which I think is half the reason he gets half the shit he does because it just looks as though he’s losing the ball all the time.

Would have liked to have seen how him and Duffy played together. If we can get the ball into him in the right positions, he will score goals.
Me too, though I think we will revert back to the system and sign a player to play at 10, whether freeman is also involved will be interesting.

You can almost guarantee he wins the header, sadly none of the players think so.

I don’t think he should have started tonight but I’m looking forward to seeing him play in a possession heavy side in the Championship next season (that’s us for the smart arses amongst you). If he’s shit next season then he’s a failed signing. This season he’s just part of a wider failure.

He loses as many headers as he wins, just as he loses the ball as often as he keeps it and he misses more often than he scores. Those trying to make out we're playing him wrong seem to forget these facts. He's just not good enough for the Premier League. A lot of our players aren't, there's no shame in it, but please stop pretending he's any better with the ball at his feet or in front of goal.

He loses as many headers as he wins, just as he loses the ball as often as he keeps it and he misses more often than he scores. Those trying to make out we're playing him wrong seem to forget these facts. He's just not good enough for the Premier League. A lot of our players aren't, there's no shame in it, but please stop pretending he's any better with the ball at his feet or in front of goal.

We’re not pretending though are we, look at how Swansea and Barnsley used him and look at how he scored his goals.

By playing the long ball, you’re effectively creating a 50/50 in the air so it’s only natural that he’s going to win as many as he loses, especially if that’s not the way he’s used to playing. He does win his fair share in the air. I do think he needs to be stronger but he’s still only young, there’s time for us to work on him yet.

Yes, he may not be good enough for the Premier League yet but I really don’t think we’ve seen the best of him at all.

We’re not pretending though are we, look at how Swansea and Barnsley used him and look at how he scored his goals.

By playing the long ball, you’re effectively creating a 50/50 in the air so it’s only natural that he’s going to win as many as he loses, especially if that’s not the way he’s used to playing. He does win his fair share in the air. I do think he needs to be stronger but he’s still only young, there’s time for us to work on him yet.

Yes, he may not be good enough for the Premier League yet but I really don’t think we’ve seen the best of him at all.
I have no doubt he did it in the Championship, I saw it myself plenty of times and was behind the signing (second choice to Maupay). The context here though is that people are trying to make a claim that he's good enough if we play to his feet or he gets chances in the box. That's simply not true on the evidence we've got since he signed for us, in the Premier League.

Don't think we play to McBurnie's strengths to be fair, think we just end up lumping it forward. He does win some but nobody on the end of it.
Think we look better with Mcgoldrick in midfield, can hold up the ball, tackle and pass.
I think it's unfair to single out players this season, we massively overachieved after promotion and can't find the form this year. A lot of our signings are young players, let's not destroy the poor sods.
Tin helmet on.

I have no doubt he did it in the Championship, I saw it myself plenty of times and was behind the signing (second choice to Maupay). The context here though is that people are trying to make a claim that he's good enough if we play to his feet or he gets chances in the box. That's simply not true on the evidence we've got since he signed for us, in the Premier League.

How many times can you honestly say we’ve played like that with him in the side though? We certainly haven’t at all this season. As soon as he’s on the team sheet we know what’s coming and the shit he’s likely to get on here.

He probably isn’t good enough as a goalscorer in the Premier League get but he is only young. He’s hardly getting chances created for him left right and centre either. If we get him scoring next season, and IF we come back up, it might just be the springboard he needs to kick on.

Last edited:
How many times can you honestly say we’ve played like that with him in the side though? We certainly haven’t at all this season. As soon as he’s on the team sheet we know what’s coming and the shit he’s likely to get on here.

He probably isn’t good enough as a goalscorer in the Premier League get but he is only young. He’s hardly getting chances crested for him left right and centre either. If we get him scoring next season, and IF we come back up, it might just be the springboard he needs to kick on.
We haven't played like that at all no, but it's not like he's never had the ball at his feet. He gave it away a lot tonight and he's missed chance after chance over the last two years. He's not at the standard we need in any of those areas. It's just the harsh reality of the situation.

Back
Top Bottom