McBurnie

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

We haven't played like that at all no, but it's not like he's never had the ball at his feet. He gave it away a lot tonight and he's missed chance after chance over the last two years. He's not at the standard we need in any of those areas. It's just the harsh reality of the situation.

I agree, the problem we have is that our midfield can’t get up in support quickly enough and McBurnie just isn’t as technically gifted as someone like McGoldrick to hold the ball up.

My gripe cannot be with McBurnie but more that we should expect him to do something he just isn’t suited to.

People calling for Billy Sharp etc confuses me tbh. If anyone should have started, it should have been Didzy. Sharp got the winner against West Brom yes, but didn't do much else before that in the game and was partly to blame for their goal. I think people let their man crush get the better of them tbh and they fail to see the bigger picture.

People calling for Billy Sharp etc confuses me tbh. If anyone should have started, it should have been Didzy. Sharp got the winner against West Brom yes, but didn't do much else before that in the game and was partly to blame for their goal. I think people let their man crush get the better of them tbh and they fail to see the bigger picture.

This may come as a surprise but he's 35 years old now. If you take the WBA game for 55 minutes you are asking Sharp to constantly run the channels, hold the ball up and track back. He does that willingly but we all know that's not really his game.

Now look at the game following the tactical changes where we have a more attacking threat with a 4-3-1-2. He gets more ball in and around the danger area and gets and makes CHANCES!! Give Billy chances and he gets a shot in at goal, get shots in at goal and we have more chance of scoring a goal.

And there is nobody at our club (despite the money spent) at scoring goals than Billy Sharp.

Hi, Stegosaurus here

Other teams must be delighted when Wilder calls. Knowing they can yank Wilder's thong down pop a turd in his hand and charge him a fortune for it.

We didn't just lump it upto him last season we played some brilliant football and mcburnie was still wank. He's crap everybody has different views I get that but for me he's no good a total waste of money. I didnt like him last season an I dont this a couple of Bradford fans I know couldn't believe we signed him for 20m infact they couldn't believe he's actually made it as a player after watching him at there place.

I don’t think he should have started tonight but I’m looking forward to seeing him play in a possession heavy side in the Championship next season (that’s us for the smart arses amongst you). If he’s shit next season then he’s a failed signing. This season he’s just part of a wider failure.
We paid £18M for him to be a player for us in the Championship?

The amount of false perceptions that surround this lad are staggering. See #23 😉👀.

There is no spoon !😀.

UTB

We didn't just lump it upto him last season we played some brilliant football and mcburnie was still wank. He's crap everybody has different views I get that but for me he's no good a total waste of money. I didnt like him last season an I dont this a couple of Bradford fans I know couldn't believe we signed him for 20m infact they couldn't believe he's actually made it as a player after watching him at there place.
All about opinions mate, ask barnsley and Swansea fans and they will tell you a completely different story. Some players work at certain clubs etc, I don't think he's particularly worked here yet but I believe next season he will. John fleck was shit remember according to Coventry.

No, but that’s the only hope we have now as he’s not a PL striker clearly.
im afraid hes never been a premier league striker and im not as sure as a lot of others on here that he will do well in the championship as quite a few have said for me he doesnt fit us and we dont fit him i would take the loss if another club come in for him

Probably take those with a pinch of salt. How long has he been out 2 months ? 4/5 weeks ? yet he is up there with Chris Wood, Ollie Watkins etc ? Does that sound right or wrong ?
It was to dispel the false perception that he is “almost guaranteed” to win his aerial duels. Bookmakers make millions off daft twats that bet at odds of say 1/9 when in the real world, the probabilities are nearer even money. Schmucks with more money than brains 😀.

There are plenty more of these false perceptions when it comes to McB being brutally honest. The “works his nads off” mantra being perhaps the best of the bunch.

What is interesting to me is how these false perceptions are formed, what makes folks feel like they are seeing what they say, and the urban myths that perpetuate in order to “keep the faith” !

Say what ya see. If you see it .........

Oh and btw, there is no spoon !😉.

UTB

We paid £18M for him to be a player for us in the Championship?
I think we panic signed him when we missed out on Maupay. I do genuinely think McBurnie will come good, possibly does need that season in the championship to get scoring again. I wouldn't be overly surprised if Swansea take him back though should they go up

IF we go down, which is very nearly WHEN we go down could be a watershed moment for McB.

Both he and the club will be playing a lower standard of football and it all depends on which McB we see next season (if he decides to stay or someone comes in to buy him).

This forum could end up in a massive meltdown just discussing McB.

If he stays and we continue to try and use him the same way as we do now - scapegoat will be the least of his worries.

Whatever United fans say about him, which is divided, I am yet to find a handful of neutral fans who think he's any good playing for us in the PL. Swansea played a totally different way and McB fitted in perfectly - they got players out wide who fed him chances in and around the box. Personally I think the comparisons with Swansea are irrelevant as we've tried to make him into a different type of player with how we use him.

It's been mentioned by many already that we seem to go long to him - we do for me - except he'll never ever be a Chris Wood who plays the long ball stuff exceptionally well. Going long is just depressing after the front foot football that got us here. I accepted CW's changes to 352 in season one and it generally made us more solid (less chances, but conceded few) but it now seems totally inadequate in season two. We seem more competitive even now in a 3412 type formation when we change to it.

McB will be on a hiding to nothing next season in the Championship if he stays. I don't like our style when he plays as we lose possession too easily and although he tries to close down and puts effort in, his closing down is slow and ponderous and as some have said bambiesque.

So...........no sitting on a fence - I wouldn't want him playing for us next season up top in our first effort to bounce back. We're NOT Swansea, we're Sheff United and he doesn't fit in how we played to get ourselves into the PL in the first place. Can understand totally why we bought him, but for me it simply didn't/hasn't worked.

If McB stays and is first choice next season there's every chance this forum could be in meltdown unless McB and United get their act together and start using him properly.

UTB

IF we go down, which is very nearly WHEN we go down could be a watershed moment for McB.

Both he and the club will be playing a lower standard of football and it all depends on which McB we see next season (if he decides to stay or someone comes in to buy him).

This forum could end up in a massive meltdown just discussing McB.

If he stays and we continue to try and use him the same way as we do now - scapegoat will be the least of his worries.

Whatever United fans say about him, which is divided, I am yet to find a handful of neutral fans who think he's any good playing for us in the PL. Swansea played a totally different way and McB fitted in perfectly - they got players out wide who fed him chances in and around the box. Personally I think the comparisons with Swansea are irrelevant as we've tried to make him into a different type of player with how we use him.

It's been mentioned by many already that we seem to go long to him - we do for me - except he'll never ever be a Chris Wood who plays the long ball stuff exceptionally well. Going long is just depressing after the front foot football that got us here. I accepted CW's changes to 352 in season one and it generally made us more solid (less chances, but conceded few) but it now seems totally inadequate in season two. We seem more competitive even now in a 3412 type formation when we change to it.

McB will be on a hiding to nothing next season in the Championship if he stays. I don't like our style when he plays as we lose possession too easily and although he tries to close down and puts effort in, his closing down is slow and ponderous and as some have said bambiesque.

So...........no sitting on a fence - I wouldn't want him playing for us next season up top in our first effort to bounce back. We're NOT Swansea, we're Sheff United and he doesn't fit in how we played to get ourselves into the PL in the first place. Can understand totally why we bought him, but for me it simply didn't/hasn't worked.

If McB stays and is first choice next season there's every chance this forum could be in meltdown unless McB and United get their act together and start using him properly.

UTB
Some good and interesting stuff in there. With a glaringly obvious boo boo !!

I give you exhibit A.

On the 2nd page fwiw.

Now you could look at this and say Vardy / Watkins et al are ALL more wasteful than our Ol.

But when you consider he has ONE goal against the 7 other “big chances” missed, the ratio paints a gloomy picture. An abject one in fact.

People expecting big things next season would be wise to have another think. The facts simply do not back up the assertion that this lad will bang em in. Hang your hat on a “successful” stint at Swansea if you must.

These (👀) tell me different.

Time will tell.

UTB

It was to dispel the false perception that he is “almost guaranteed” to win his aerial duels. Bookmakers make millions off daft twats that bet at odds of say 1/9 when in the real world, the probabilities are nearer even money. Schmucks with more money than brains 😀.

There are plenty more of these false perceptions when it comes to McB being brutally honest. The “works his nads off” mantra being perhaps the best of the bunch.

What is interesting to me is how these false perceptions are formed, what makes folks feel like they are seeing what they say, and the urban myths that perpetuate in order to “keep the faith” !

Say what ya see. If you see it .........

Oh and btw, there is no spoon !😉.

UTB

Assuming the website is right of course as we know everything on the internet is always right when you have just taken the blue pill. ;)

Assuming the website is right of course as we know everything on the internet is always right when you have just taken the blue pill. ;)
Yes that is assumed as correct.

Id trust that over a plethora of false perceptions blabbed out loud on a football forum though !!

UTB.

Yes that is assumed as correct.

Id trust that over a plethora of false perceptions blabbed out loud on a football forum though !!

UTB.

Problem is it doesnt say where on the pitch. I`m talking about a specific place where he seems to nearly always win a header. The aerial duels lost could mainly be in our box or the opponents box for all we know. Can you provide a website that breaks it down ?

Some good and interesting stuff in there. With a glaringly obvious boo boo !!

I give you exhibit A.

On the 2nd page fwiw.

Now you could look at this and say Vardy / Watkins et al are ALL more wasteful than our Ol.

But when you consider he has ONE goal against the 7 other “big chances” missed, the ratio paints a gloomy picture. An abject one in fact.

People expecting big things next season would be wise to have another think. The facts simply do not back up the assertion that this lad will bang em in. Hang your hat on a “successful” stint at Swansea if you must.

These (👀) tell me different.

Time will tell.

UTB

at least Chis Woods is there to MISS them - my main reference to Woods is that he is the archetypal big man up top that holds the centre half off, wins the ball, passes it off and brings other players into the game without dropping deep.............everything McB doesn't do.

UTB

Back
Top Bottom