Mcburnie

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Ok pal. But I’m not talking about the potential, future Ollie McBurnie, I’m talking about the current one.

Good luck to him, I hope you’re faith is rewarded, it would only be to the clubs benefit, so who wouldn’t 👍🏻

Fair enough, though I would point out that the current Ollie McBurnie and the future Ollie McBurnie is the same person. If Wilder had given him instructions, and he had failed to comply, or if Wilder had question marks about his work rate, he wouldn't have talked about him the way he did, and he wouldn't have him in his future plans.

Anyway, up the blades. :)

I find it bizzare - and incredible given the phoenix like rise from the scrapheap of so many players under CW - that people are forging such conclusive and stubborn viewpoints on a young player that has started only 2 league games and played a grand total of 500 minutes.

He has more to do to get in the team and stay there. Part of the reason for that is that Didsy and The Moose have been excellent.

So how about the opinions are reigned in until there's actually a bank of evidence to forge one on because right now, absolutely nobody can speak with any credibility one way or the other.

McBurnie is still getting up to speed, he doesn't look 100% confident or comfortable in the team at the moment. I've no doubt that he has the attributes to put that right though and yesterday's goal will help him.

Two things don't help with his reputation: first is the fact that he has an ambling gait which makes it look like he's not putting any effort into his movement. Secondly, as Akinbiyi has pointed out, he's been coming on recently when we're closing out a game and energy levels across the team are dropping. He's not as quick or as strong as Mousset so we need to play a different game when he's on the pitch: where Mousset can chase down the hopeful channel ball and create something out of nothing McBurnie needs the ball playing into him. We're not currently getting support players close enough (for very valid reasons) so McBurnie ends up giving the ball away 20 yards higher up the pitch than Mousset would which in turn is inviting pressure on.

McBurnie did exceptionally well to get his arm out of the way of the ball after controlling it yesterday by the way: that shouldn't be underestimated.

He's OK - he could be better, let's hope we can boo him better.

I for one didn’t celebrate the goal as he wears stone island and clothes with owls on ;);)

Speak for yourself, dumb and ignorant I might be, but I can spell you're. Also he's played more than 18 mins in total, if I'm wrong I'll hold my hands up but he doesn't warrant the price tag yet. Also the fact that the clubs record signing isn't starting suggests it's not been working. But if he scores every game from now on, he will win me over, but it will be because of what he does on the pitch, not what clobber he wears, how big his beard is or how big a Blade it makes you.

He’s not been starting because mcgoldrick has upped his game to a new level and mousset has been top class

it’s funny i rather like the lad and my only comment was that he should have put a few challenges in and i get fucking pelters
he did fuck all until he scored end of
live with it

That’s fine by me I’d take that every day.

I find it bizzare - and incredible given the phoenix like rise from the scrapheap of so many players under CW - that people are forging such conclusive and stubborn viewpoints on a young player that has started only 2 league games and played a grand total of 500 minutes.

He has more to do to get in the team and stay there. Part of the reason for that is that Didsy and The Moose have been excellent.

So how about the opinions are reigned in until there's actually a bank of evidence to forge one on because right now, absolutely nobody can speak with any credibility one way or the other.
give us a break. after ten years of complaining it will take some of us a while to get used to it :D

I love watching McGoldrick, but it seems that even if there were no goalkeeper he'd struggle to score. I think he just needs to continue as he's doing, he brings so much guile and invention to our play that I hate to put a dampener on his overall contribution, but I wish the floodgates would open and suddenly we'd find ourselves blessed with a new goal machine. McG is a top, top player, make no mistake about that......perhaps he left his shooting boots somewhere between here and Ipswich? ;)

McBurnie is still getting up to speed, he doesn't look 100% confident or comfortable in the team at the moment. I've no doubt that he has the attributes to put that right though and yesterday's goal will help him.

Two things don't help with his reputation: first is the fact that he has an ambling gait which makes it look like he's not putting any effort into his movement. Secondly, as Akinbiyi has pointed out, he's been coming on recently when we're closing out a game and energy levels across the team are dropping. He's not as quick or as strong as Mousset so we need to play a different game when he's on the pitch: where Mousset can chase down the hopeful channel ball and create something out of nothing McBurnie needs the ball playing into him. We're not currently getting support players close enough (for very valid reasons) so McBurnie ends up giving the ball away 20 yards higher up the pitch than Mousset would which in turn is inviting pressure on.

McBurnie did exceptionally well to get his arm out of the way of the ball after controlling it yesterday by the way: that shouldn't be underestimated.

Rubbish. He's crap and he'll not get better, just like John Lundstram..............Oh. Ok. 🤔

I was saying at the game, why had we spent £20 mill on a big galoot? Well his goal showed me why. Only a big galoot in the right position could have scored that. We'll see if he gets another 3 before Xmas.

Really pleased for McB - the goal will do him a load of good. Great skill as well to control it and get his arm out of the way.

So pleased for McBurnie yesterday. I was over the moon when we signed him to be honest; I believe in time we'll have a very good player on our hands. I think we need to not judge him on his price tag but on how he plays and whenever he's played he's a goal threat. He's never going to do what Moose does and he's not as silky as McGoldrick. But he has that amazing gift of being in the right place at the right time and he's a decent finisher. People also forget he's only played 1 and a half seasons in his career in the Championship and then is having to step up to the PL. I think for now, he's ideally suited to coming off the bench and he causes teams different problems to the others. Lets keep supporting him, as most do, and I think he'll prove to be a top player in time.

So pleased for McBurnie yesterday. I was over the moon when we signed him to be honest; I believe in time we'll have a very good player on our hands. I think we need to not judge him on his price tag but on how he plays and whenever he's played he's a goal threat. He's never going to do what Moose does and he's not as silky as McGoldrick. But he has that amazing gift of being in the right place at the right time and he's a decent finisher. People also forget he's only played 1 and a half seasons in his career in the Championship and then is having to step up to the PL. I think for now, he's ideally suited to coming off the bench and he causes teams different problems to the others. Lets keep supporting him, as most do, and I think he'll prove to be a top player in time.
Maybe getting nicked has been a wake up call for him? New haircut and beard trim, looks like he wants a new start. Getting the goal should spur him on even more. I think he’s realised that if he wants to be part of something a bit special, to fit in with our team, he’s got to take himself seriously and start working like he’s never done before, push himself to the absolute limit. He’ll be picking that up from our players every day, the effort they’ve gone to, to get themselves into the PL and hold their own.

Would you like to explain the difference?

Yes, a press if something a team or units of a team do. They work together to close down the opposition. If someone isn't doing their job, it doesn't work and causes issues.

Closing down is simply what every player does. When the opposition player has the ball someone goes to him to prevent and easy pass/cross.

I'm not expecting McBurnie to come on and press as the team aren't at that stage. I do expect him to put pressure on the defenders and not give them all the time they need to pick a pass or run forward with the ball.

He`s young like Robinson , there in a new club in a bigger league , but last nights match shows that maybe they are both finding there feet , along with moose , we could be in for one hell of a 2nd half of the season 🎆

Oli`s a good lad really...………. " how's it looking " 😂

Just a reminder to the 'should be playing for that money'/ 'paid too much' crowd, £18m isn't a lot of money in football. Football and your bank account are different things and shouldn't be judged the same way.

Newcastle paid £21m for an absolutely shite attacking mid who hasn't contributed to any goal involvement in 22 attempts for example.

If we'd paid £50m I'd be right there with you, but £18m is Premier League backup striker money.

Because the current front 2 have been and are playing outstandingly well and have done nothing to deserve being dropped. If Chris wasn't impressed Oli wouldn't get on the pitch at all.

I feel like I'm trying to educate my 3 year old nephew on football here, it's tiresome.
Or you think you know more about football than anyone else.
I thought Wilder got McBurnie in to play the Sharp role. It would have been Oli and McGoldrick or Oli and Moussett.

fortunately McGoldrick and Moussett have become a great partnership

I thought Wilder got McBurnie in to play the Sharp role. It would have been Oli and McGoldrick or Oli and Moussett.

Nooooooo.

😉.

UTB

Just reminds me of last season and the mcgoaldrought thread .page after pafyer page of similar comments about our player of the season and current premier league Demi God

In a few months it will be someone else

Maybe getting nicked has been a wake up call for him? New haircut and beard trim, looks like he wants a new start. Getting the goal should spur him on even more. I think he’s realised that if he wants to be part of something a bit special, to fit in with our team, he’s got to take himself seriously and start working like he’s never done before, push himself to the absolute limit. He’ll be picking that up from our players every day, the effort they’ve gone to, to get themselves into the PL and hold their own.

You could well be right Bush, maybe it could be a blessing in disguise. I think McBurnie's got some harsh stick since he's been here for how he looks and going to a Swansea game with the Swansea fans which personally I thought was great because it shows he connects with fans and if we'd been Swansea fans I'm sure we'd be loving it! My step dad used to talk about Mario Kempes to me and how good he was and maybe that's why I like McBurnie so much! If McBurnie turns out half as good as Kempes we'll be reyt! McBurnie offers something totally different to other forwards we have too, but he's arguably the most raw at present. He must be learning so much from playing within this squad as it is so close-knit and the team spirit and professionalism within it seem so high.

1574795017124.png

It’s not just me that thinks he could do better, Chris Wilder paid £17.5 million for him and yet he sits next to him every Saturday afternoon?
Wilder has kept faith with a winning team so Mc Burnie is playing bit parts. His chance to play more will come with injuries or suspensions
It impossible to make a full assessment when he plays 47 minutes in 7 games.
But the goal shows he can finish. Wilder won't play him though if he's not part of the pressing game we adopt. He will be aware of what's required. As to the 17m price tag I don't think Wilder gives a fuck about it
He will play who he thinks will put in a shift.. He keeps throwing him in so him and Knill will be pleased with his contribution.
They analyse every step he takes on a pitch and will not be watching him with blind hatred in their heads.

By being right? 🤣

We’re 6th in the prem McGoldrick and Mousset look the best partnership we’ve had in fuckin years and McBurnie has scored 2 and should’ve been 3 in how many minutes? And some people criticize lol it’s a good job 90% of united fans don’t have absolutely anything to do with the team

Bloke behind me blamed McBurnie for the 3 Man Utd goals, seriously.
Also pronounced this is not fucking good enough Wilder when Man Utd scored their 3rd.

Was leaping about when we equalised though, two faced twat.
Do you sit in front of me on John St? Lol

Back
Top Bottom