McBurnie Interview

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Excellent. McBurnie seems like a lovely lad, something about him that is very engaging. And Brooks, bless him, so awkward. Hits home that they really are just kids, and we put so much on their shoulders in terms of our hopes and dreams.
Me and my mate were talking about this other day. Sometimes we completely forget these lads we watch are all fairly often early to mid 20s, even though I feel mature at 32 when we all get together the childishness comes out.

Despite the past criticisms of McB (by me too) we have no idea what it's like to be young, rather well off, no 9 to 5, a job we love and lasses on tap. We expect them to be incredibly responsible when it's so easy to act like a tit with not too many consequences.

Me and my mate were talking about this other day. Sometimes we completely forget these lads we watch are all fairly often early to mid 20s, even though I feel mature at 32 when we all get together the childishness comes out.

Despite the past criticisms of McB (by me too) we have no idea what it's like to be young, rather well off, no 9 to 5, a job we love and lasses on tap. We expect them to be incredibly responsible when it's so easy to act like a tit with not too many consequences.
It’s arrested development isn’t it? They are stalled at aged 15 to some degree, particularly if at Prem or Championship level where they start earning decent money, and don’t really have to grow up as they play a children’s game for a living!

It’s arrested development isn’t it? They are stalled at aged 15 to some degree, particularly if at Prem or Championship level where they start earning decent money, and don’t really have to grow up as they play a children’s game for a living!
And yet when one of them inevitably wraps their Lambo round a tree we immediately scoff.

To be fair growing up it felt like being a lout, heavy drinking, acting stupid and generally being a young rich arsehole footballer was part of the culture whereby now most of them seem far more focussed on their career and health. Perhaps I just don't look too much in to it but it does feel like a footballer scandal of drunken twattishness is quite few and far between.

Excellent. McBurnie seems like a lovely lad, something about him that is very engaging. And Brooks, bless him, so awkward. Hits home that they really are just kids, and we put so much on their shoulders in terms of our hopes and dreams.
Oli also lost his grandma last week they were very close. She always said for him to get her her goal. To step up and take that penalty and get his goal for grandma just shows the strength of character he has.

Oli also lost his grandma last week they were very close. She always said for him to get her her goal. To step up and take that penalty and get his goal for grandma just shows the strength of character he has.
Well said big man, sorry for your loss, makes that last gasp huge pressure moment seem even bigger, balls of steel.

Now get that contact signed.

He seems to have really matured.

He must shake his head a bit now about some of the shenanigans he got himself involved in before now.

He seems to really like helping the young lads settle in, which is great to hear.

He seems to have really matured.

He must shake his head a bit now about some of the shenanigans he got himself involved in before now.

He seems to really like helping the young lads settle in, which is great to hear.
Agreed mate.. but he was young and unfortunately everyone at them ages make mistakes outta football (I know some on here find that hard to believe as they're perfect)

Keep working and improving Oli.

Really?

He's been sent off twice this season.
It’s all relative 😁

The Spurs one was ridiculous too and he has a fair point saying he was being fouled, as he was.

But as Ndiayewillalwaysloveyou mentioned I was more so referring to some of the nonsense he got himself into in his private life.

Well said big man, sorry for your loss, makes that last gasp huge pressure moment seem even bigger, balls of steel.

Now get that contact signed.

Oli McBigballs.

Whatever peoples opinion of him are, there’s no denying he is an infectious character & I’d imagine that he’s very popular amongst the squad.

Had his issues over the years, but he’s someone I definitely want around the club. Don’t think he gets the credit he really deserves.

Made me laugh when Oli Mc repeated what McAtee said after CW’s pep talk

The other is a query. Who was Brooksy referring to when he said “Jack” had been his biggest influence because he was with him through the academy?

It’s all relative 😁

The Spurs one was ridiculous too and he has a fair point saying he was being fouled, as he was.

But as Ndiayewillalwaysloveyou mentioned I was more so referring to some of the nonsense he got himself into in his private life.
And funnily enough, most of the pundits seemed keen to mention that Coufal of West Ham was absolutely justified in moaning to the ref about Brewsters challenge so HIS booking and then sending off was clearly a travesty and unfair 😄

This must be some of our lot, and as such, you're an embarrassment, whoever you are.

From another angle sometimes we completely forget these young lads earn in a week what it would take some people a year to earn. If I acted like a tit at work I would be sacked. It may be the world they enter and thats how it just works thats the money you get paid as standard but you have to take some responsibility to do your best at all times when your pay is being partly contributed to by those people (ie us the fans) who take a year to earn the same they do in a week.

Back
Top Bottom