McBurnie at Wembley

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Uncomfortable fact for all you apologists.

It is, undeniably, difficult to understand how this lads footballing loyalties are so blatantly skewed towards a club that PREVIOUSLY payed his salary.

Much more so when the loyalty is skewed against the club that so richly rewards his ineffective contributions on the pitch.

That’s OUR club btw !!

UTB
How do you make that out?

Uncomfortable fact for all you apologists.

It is, undeniably, difficult to understand how this lads footballing loyalties are so blatantly skewed towards a club that PREVIOUSLY payed his salary.

Much more so when the loyalty is skewed against the club that so richly rewards his ineffective contributions on the pitch.

That’s OUR club btw !!

UTB

Is it not possible that he retains affection for Swansea, whilst at the same time being committed in training and matches for us? Maybe others have different expectations but I don't give a shit if he watches Swansea games and follows them generally; so long as I see him putting it in for us. Which I do.

Whether he is good enough, whether he has been successful for us are of course different questions.

A 17 year old kid has matched his total having played about 25 less games... Its down to him being shit and not giving a toss.. Drinking before matches tells you everything you need to know, like brewster he's taken the wages and not put the effort in
You did say before matches - in the plural
Are you for real..?
Yes I am for real and yes I think he has done his best despite the obvious frustrations of getting no service in a dysfunctional unit.

With the proper service (next season, hopefully, under new management), he may well repeat the fabulous form he showed for Barnsley

and Swansea

As for being unfit, he has had a couple of bad injuries - shoulder and foot, has he not?

Anyway, early start for me so, goodnight

A 17 year old kid has matched his total having played about 25 less games... Its down to him being shit and not giving a toss.. Drinking before matches tells you everything you need to know, like brewster he's taken the wages and not put the effort in
Harry Kane would have barely got a goal playing for us this season !

Yes I am for real and yes I think he has done his best despite the obvious frustrations of getting no service in a dysfunctional unit.

With the proper service (next season, hopefully, under new management), he may well repeat the fabulous form he showed for Barnsley

and Swansea

Proper service don't make me laugh .. Hes perfected the art of heading the ball onto his shoulder.. and his movement is non existent... If you think players like mcburnie and brewster are putting effort in you are totally deluded

The state of some of the comments. Don't compare McBurnie and Brewster to Jebbison. Completely different style and state when he played him vs Everton etc. Let's be clear though. Any striker is going to struggle in a team with the following.

• a midfield completely devoid of any creativity and or substance to make things happen with the strikers.
  • a strike partner who constantly has to drop back to help the aforementioned midfield try and create something, leaving the other completely isolated.
  • wingers /wing backs who are so used to not crossing the ball due to the cb doing it for them, only to have that style completely ripped out the playbook when JOC was injured, so when the strikers do get into good positions the ball their expecting isn't delivered.

Add all these + low confidence and no fans and probably most importantly, the best defenders in world football. You really are going to look shit!

fucking hell fire.

That's complete bollocks, Mcgoldrick got about 8

Even as successful as we were in our first PL season, our top scorers had 6 league goals. One of them happens to have been McBurnie.

Surely anyone with a brain would acknowledge that in as low a scoring team as we have been, judging our strikers purely on goals scored is overly simplistic? We've played more games than we've scored goals in our two seasons at PL level for crying out loud.

The state of some of the comments. Don't compare McBurnie and Brewster to Jebbison. Completely different style and state when he played him vs Everton etc. Let's be clear though. Any striker is going to struggle in a team with the following.

• a midfield completely devoid of any creativity and or substance to make things happen with the strikers.
  • a strike partner who constantly has to drop back to help the aforementioned midfield try and create something, leaving the other completely isolated.
  • wingers /wing backs who are so used to not crossing the ball due to the cb doing it for them, only to have that style completely ripped out the playbook when JOC was injured, so when the strikers do get into good positions the ball their expecting isn't delivered.

Add all these + low confidence and no fans and probably most importantly, the best defenders in world football. You really are going to look shit!

fucking hell fire.

The lad is shit. He’s a knock off Steve Claridge dressed in Gucci, with 1/2 the brains.

The lad is shit. He’s a knock off Steve Claridge dressed in Gucci, with 1/2 the brains.
Steve Claridge never played in a team as disorganised as ours. In fact every fucking team he played for was known for being some shithouse, us vs the world bollocks. Because of that he’s going to have an advantage isn’t he?

Didn’t Billy come to our matches at times he played elsewhere. Kyle Walker and others too have been seen at Blades games after they had moved on. I accept that he isn’t a life long Swansea fan but his career took off there and he was obviously a fans favourite so what’s the problem? By all means criticise his performances when that justified but I don’t get the ire for this when if it’s one of our ex players we’re all singing their praises.

There's a theme developing here 😂

To be fair mcburnie can't get in the Scotland side because Lyndon dykes is 10 times the player he is

That McBurnie has spent a lot of time playing for terrible teams that have far less possession and create far fewer chances than their opponents?

I'm not arguing that he's set the world alight, but accusing him of laziness and being shit is wide of the mark.

Is it not possible that he retains affection for Swansea, whilst at the same time being committed in training and matches for us? Maybe others have different expectations but I don't give a shit if he watches Swansea games and follows them generally; so long as I see him putting it in for us. Which I do.

Whether he is good enough, whether he has been successful for us are of course different questions.
Is it, for want of better words, “good” that his affiliation to OUR club appears (only that) significantly less so than his previous employer ?

A club that pays him handsomely ?

It’s a slight point. I’ll admit. Rather like Maguire watching our games.

But, intuitively it feels wrong. Don’t ask me to explain why !!!

UTB

When you say shit, are you talking relative to other Premier League players?

‘Shit’ as a measure of what £25m and £40k a week should have bought us. ‘Shit’ in the sense that Brentford paid £5m & £20k a week for Toney. ‘Shit’ in the sense of 7 goals in 60 games (Jon Stead scored 8 in 39). ‘Shit’ in the sense of ‘shit’ really. 🤷‍♂️

To 90% of the British footballing world he’s a figure of fun. The remaining 10% who tolerate/rate him are made up of Swansea fans who welcome the attention of anyone with opposable thumbs & who isn’t in a sexual relationship with a sibling and a small group of Blades fans who think that despite all the signs to the contrary that he’ll ‘come good’ for us next year at 25 yrs old.

When you’ve got Rangers fans & commentators laughing at the idea of him being a goalscorer in the Scottish PL with the best side, it kind of says all that needs to be said.

Him & Brewster have cost us the best part of £50m, and have stunk the place out this season. Low & behold the pair of them are at Wembley today supporting Swansea.

Last edited:
He’s just not good enough and neither is boy blunder Brewster, I personally was discussed at Brewster in the walk around lap , smiling and giving it stupid gangster hand gestures or what ever they are , after the way he’s performed I would have just kept my head low and got off the pitch , fucking rubbish .

and Swansea

As for being unfit, he has had a couple of bad injuries - shoulder and foot, has he not?

Anyway, early start for me so, goodnight

Not sure citing his injuries is a good defence for him. Considering he injured himself trying to dive for a free kick. 😂

‘Shit’ as a measure of what £25m and £40k a week should have bought us. ‘Shit’ in the sense that Brentford paid £5m & £20k a week for Toney. ‘Shit’ in the sense of 7 goals in 60 games (Jon Stead scored 8 in 39). ‘Shit’ in the sense of ‘shit’ really. 🤷‍♂️

To 90% of the British footballing world he’s a figure of fun. The remaining 10% who tolerate/rate him are made up of Swansea fans who welcome the attention of anyone with opposable thumbs & who isn’t in a sexual relationship with a sibling and a small group of Blades fans who think that despite all the signs to the contrary that he’ll ‘come good’ for us next year at 25 yrs old.

When you’ve got Rangers fans & commentators laughing at the idea of him being a goalscorer in the Scottish PL with the best side, it kind of says all that needs to be said.

Him & Brewster have cost us the best part of £50m, and have stunk the place out this season. Low & behold the pair of them are at Wembley today supporting Swansea.
37.8 million let's not exaggerate

Back
Top Bottom