McBurnie and Mousett.

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

This fucking Ravel Mania is really irritating me.

Endless hype when none of you have a clue what level he's at and how much he can contribute.

There is nothing to suggest he should be on the bench in front of Sharp or McGoldrick.

He's basically in 'post prison sentence' condition and has a lot of hard work to do.

Id bring Moose on earlier vs Southampton. Around the 50-60 minute mark, get him fully match fit.

Later in season, Moose and McBurnie is gonna be a great strikeforce.

Moose is so quick.
Moose is rapid....and looks about 18 stone. He's the footballing equivalent of Jonah Lomu!

I watched the highlights and can not remember McBurnie getting a touch?

He was substituted in the second half.

He will have to do better if he wants to be first choice. Robinson and Mousset looked quick and powerful in the highlights.

Are we spoilt for choice?

HH

He set up robinson after a decent driving run.... then played a one two with robinson in first half, that almost had him through, but the return ball was pretty poor. He won a few headers, but such was our lack of ambition in the second half there was nobody to pick up.

Both strikers in the first half were extremely isolated and lacked options when they did have the ball.

I think you are right Jim.....when everyone is up to speed there is no way that all 5 striking options will be named in a match day squad like they were on Saturday.....it will be 2 from McBurnie, Mousset & Robbo with Ravel being the alternative attacking option off the bench.

Could Didzy or Billy move on in Jan even??

Biggest concern for me is across the back though......any one of the back 5 pick up an injury/suspension we are in trouble....the thought of Freeman at RWB in the Prem leaves me in a cold sweat!
Jags wouldn't let us down and I'm happy with Osborn on the left but yeah, the likes of JOC, Bash, Balders are all so key to the system and we could struggle if we get a few injuries/suspensions.

Considering Robinson scored and got an assist yesterday, I assume he'll be the first forward on the teamsheet for the foreseeable....
I agree. I just think in the long-term Mousset and McBurnie will be the main two. Purely spurious, I know, but just a hunch.

Options, options, options. I bet CWAK are loving it. Each one has offered something so far this season. Having seen the MousseT cameo I think he may well be one from the bench for the next few games. That pace and direct running against a tiring defence could be important.

Robinson staked his claim with a goal and an assist.

This fucking Ravel Mania is really irritating me.

Endless hype when none of you have a clue what level he's at and how much he can contribute.

There is nothing to suggest he should be on the bench in front of Sharp or McGoldrick.

He's basically in 'post prison sentence' condition and has a lot of hard work to do.

It was the same when we signed him, everyone was juiced on his potential from eight years ago and not fully appreciating how far away he is from the Premier League standard currently.

If we can afford the luxury of having a player like him on our books long enough to recover whatever he had then great, I'm all for it. But it's naive to expect any great impact from him soon.

I think we need to pump the brakes on the Mousset hype a little. Physically, he's in a different class to our other strikers. He's big, quick and strong and knows how to make the most of those attributes. And for that reason, I can understand everyone getting excited. I loved it when he took that Chelsea defender on the outside and sprinted past him, and when he had the ball at his feet and was advancing on the Chelsea defence. He looked so, so dangerous. But we've not seen him on the ball in a single goal-scoring position yet. Can he beat defenders to the near post? Can he finish one-on-ones? Put simple, just how lethal is he? This isn't a knock on him at all. He's just not had the chance to show us any of this yet. His performance against Chelsea was very promising. But at the moment, that's all it is.

But we've not seen him on the ball in a single goal-scoring position yet. Can he beat defenders to the near post? Can he finish one-on-ones? Put simple, just how lethal is he? This isn't a knock on him at all. He's just not had the chance to show us any of this yet. His performance against Chelsea was very promising. But at the moment, that's all it is.
There was one against Blackburn when he was one on one with the defender. Took too long to get the shot away and allowed another defender to get back and clear

There was one against Blackburn when he was one on one with the defender. Took too long to get the shot away and allowed another defender to get back and clear

Interesting. I skipped the Rovers highlights so I hadn't seen that. Doesn't help the nag in the back of my head that he may end up being a bit lacking in the goal-scoring department, but it's too early to tell.

Tbf, if he's a lethal finisher, we're looking at a £30-40m striker in my opinion.

i'd be interested to see us go all out playing proper Blades football from the first minute instead of from the 46th. this containing thing doesn't seem to be coming off as intended, it just means we give the oppo a goal start. We're good enough to play our way through the entire game. i hope CW sees it the same and lets the team off the leash from the off.

I know what you're saying but almost 20m to get splinters in his arse can't see it misen.

Unlike the old days I can’t see the chairman telling the manager he can’t have a player who cost x amount on the bench - think wilder will play who he wants regardless of cost..

I think we need to pump the brakes on the Mousset hype a little. Physically, he's in a different class to our other strikers. He's big, quick and strong and knows how to make the most of those attributes. And for that reason, I can understand everyone getting excited. I loved it when he took that Chelsea defender on the outside and sprinted past him, and when he had the ball at his feet and was advancing on the Chelsea defence. He looked so, so dangerous. But we've not seen him on the ball in a single goal-scoring position yet. Can he beat defenders to the near post? Can he finish one-on-ones? Put simple, just how lethal is he? This isn't a knock on him at all. He's just not had the chance to show us any of this yet. His performance against Chelsea was very promising. But at the moment, that's all it is.

I think our second goal answers the question about getting across/on front of the defender. Irrelevant who got the last touch that was Mooses goal.

McBurnie (£17m) and Mousset (£10m) should not be bench warmers. They've both shown in their brief performances that they deserve to start. Mousset has unreal pace, and McBurnie has great hold up play along with surprisingly good strength given his slight build. They are made for eachother and are a great upgrade on Sharp and McGoldrick. I think Robinson is better suited to the wider role too, he will add an extra dimension with his pace down the wing.

McBurnie (£17m) and Mousset (£10m) should not be bench warmers. They've both shown in their brief performances that they deserve to start. Mousset has unreal pace, and McBurnie has great hold up play along with surprisingly good strength given his slight build. They are made for eachother and are a great upgrade on Sharp and McGoldrick. I think Robinson is better suited to the wider role too, he will add an extra dimension with his pace down the wing.
You seem to be suggesting that their price tag means they should be higher in the pecking order?
Their individual price tags are simply a position of where two values crossed, namely the what their old clubs considered their worth to them and what we were willing to pay to fill our squad gaps. It's not a sign of their quality, it's simply an indication of what Wilder considered his worth to us and the final pieces in the jigsaw are always going to be at a premium. Also I think we all know Mousset didn't cost £10M.

He's got an absolute rocket of a right foot I know that.

You seem to be suggesting that their price tag means they should be higher in the pecking order?
Their individual price tags are simply a position of where two values crossed, namely the what their old clubs considered their worth to them and what we were willing to pay to fill our squad gaps. It's not a sign of their quality, it's simply an indication of what Wilder considered his worth to us and the final pieces in the jigsaw are always going to be at a premium. Also I think we all know Mousset didn't cost £10M.
You've misunderstood. I'm saying that for us to spend that kind of money on two players, they will have absolutely been bought with the view that they are regular starters for us. He will not have spent circa £27m for these two to sit on the bench.

You've misunderstood. I'm saying that for us to spend that kind of money on two players, they will have absolutely been bought with the view that they are regular starters for us. He will not have spent circa £27m for these two to sit on the bench.
I know, I'm saying I disagree. They were brought in because we had a gap in our squad capability for players of their type and abilities. Their cost is largely irrelevant, they were simply the ones who were available to us within our budget who best suited that criteria. We could have easily spent £10 million on Robinson if that's what it took to get him in and he was who we wanted, it doesn't make him any more or less likely to sit on the bench. Without getting all Liam Neeson, it's purely about who's got a very particular set of skills for each game situation and their transfer fee has little if anything to do with it. That's more about how desperate we were to sign them, and/or how much their previous team needed to keep them.

I know, I'm saying I disagree. They were brought in because we had a gap in our squad capability for players of their type and abilities. Their cost is largely irrelevant, they were simply the ones who were available to us within our budget who best suited that criteria. We could have easily spent £10 million on Robinson if that's what it took to get him in and he was who we wanted, it doesn't make him any more or less likely to sit on the bench. Without getting all Liam Neeson, it's purely about who's got a very particular set of skills for each game situation and their transfer fee has little if anything to do with it. That's more about how desperate we were to sign them, and/or how much their previous team needed to keep them.
Fair points lad.

Totally agree with this way of looking at it. Wilder will pick the team based on merit, performance in training, and tactical needs of a given match. He’s not one to be dazzled by dollar signs.

The interesting thing about the Southampton game is the fans will be expecting a win for possibly the first time this season, we have raised the bar after the first four games so it will be interesting to see how we as fans go in this one, underdog suits us, the atmosphere has been brilliant and it will start off the same, pity about the break think it would suit us to go again straight away
Southampton won’t be easy by any stretch......but I am surrounded by Saints fans where I live so I flamin well hope we beat em!!

Do you really think Chris Wilder picks his team according to how much the players have cost.
No he doesn't but you don't buy a Ferrari and drive a Lada, been following far too long to think that you don't spend 20m to warm bench. We are Sheffield United not Man Ure it's a massive outlay and he has to justify it, he also has to juggle the team and pick what he thinks is the right one for each scenario.

No he doesn't but you don't buy a Ferrari and drive a Lada, been following far too long to think that you don't spend 20m to warm bench. We are Sheffield United not Man Ure it's a massive outlay and he has to justify it, he also has to juggle the team and pick what he thinks is the right one for each scenario.
you haven't been paying attention mate. back in the day the mighty Liverpool side used to buy top quality players who couldn't even get in the team for 3 months.. Wilder is the same, reputations and price tags mean nothing to him. the new players whatever their price tag will have to force themselves into the team. That's how you keep team unity because all of the players know they are in on merit and not just parachuted in because of a price tag. Robinson forced his way in due to his outstanding pre season form. Ollie McB joined late and Lys wasn't fully fit. they will have to earn their right to be in the first 11 and so will Ravel.

you haven't been paying attention mate. back in the day the mighty Liverpool side used to buy top quality players who couldn't even get in the team for 3 months..
Oh yes SP that I know I'm old not some wet behind the ears kid, I know price tags mean nowt and reputations don't get you in team which they did especially in 80's. I know all about what your saying you can't get an old man to suck eggs, I'm also saying I know United and trust me they will have directors chomping at the bit. The place and shirt you wear is earned, not given these players will come good CW is also looking to the furture of United as Billy & such won't stay young for ever Christ I know that only too well.

I would think the justification for what Wilder does is in the league position.

If we aren't in the relegation zone and seemingly struggling against teams, then I'm not sure what more justification there is for doing it his way.

Wilders, and the clubs, aim is to stay up. As long as it looks like that may happen, I don't feel the means will be questioned.

Oh yes SP that I know I'm old not some wet behind the ears kid, I know price tags mean nowt and reputations don't get you in team which they did especially in 80's. I know all about what your saying you can't get an old man to suck eggs, I'm also saying I know United and trust me they will have directors chomping at the bit. The place and shirt you wear is earned, not given these players will come good CW is also looking to the furture of United as Billy & such won't stay young for ever Christ I know that only too well.
Wilder wont' take any shit from the directors and doesnt' have to he is untouchable ;)

Back
Top Bottom