McBurnie and Mousett.

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Bill Johnson

Reaction score
Think that will soon be the go to partnership up top with Billy/ Didzy alternatives and Robinson wider.
Loads of great options though.
Ace in the hole is Ravel. He's a free hit. Cost diddly if he actually fulfilled his undoubted potential and could earn us shed loads if we sell him on the up. Looking forward to the game against Soton. Good tester.

The Soton game might be a game for Ravel to come on off the bench.

Mousset and Robinson..

I think that’s how it’s gonna shape up, mcburnie to be the impact sub .. billy If Robinson gets a yellow or looks fucked..

McBurnie £17m bench warmer?!!

Knowing Wilder you could be right in due course but surely we have to play him at least 10 games to settle him in.

From the little I’ve seen of both, Mousset is a totally different class of player to McBurnie. We’ve got an absolute bargain there I reckon. Enjoy him whilst he’s here because that lad is something very special.

McBurnie is an awkward handful of a player, Mousset is pure class. Both will play their part, but no I don’t agree that McBurnie, or any other player for that matter, should get a number of games “to settle him in”. The deal is, get out there and do it today or risk losing your place in the squad, no matter how much you cost”.

Mousset and Robinson..

I think that’s how it’s gonna shape up, mcburnie to be the impact sub .. billy If Robinson gets a yellow or looks fucked..
I know what you're saying but almost 20m to get splinters in his arse can't see it misen.

Think that will soon be the go to partnership up top with Billy/ Didzy alternatives and Robinson wider.
Loads of great options though.
Ace in the hole is Ravel. He's a free hit. Cost diddly if he actually fulfilled his undoubted potential and could earn us shed loads if we sell him on the up. Looking forward to the game against Soton. Good tester.
Who ever is on the bench and who coming on, it highlights the great options we have.

From the little I’ve seen of both, Mousset is a totally different class of player to McBurnie. We’ve got an absolute bargain there I reckon. Enjoy him whilst he’s here because that lad is something very special.

McBurnie is an awkward handful of a player, Mousset is pure class. Both will play their part, but no I don’t agree that McBurnie, or any other player for that matter, should get a number of games “to settle him in”. The deal is, get out there and do it today or risk losing your place in the squad, no matter how much you cost”.

The thing about McBurnie is he had the best conversion rate in the division (outside of Sheffield, that is). He's a real nuisance type player for defenders but I don't think that's why we've signed him. The way he took that header last week is.

The criticism of Mousset was that he didn't score goals, so we'll have to see if a new club and some confidence changes that.

Most important thing is that we're looking like a Premier League side and we still don't know what our best line up is. Options up front, options in the midfield, probably cover at the back is the only place we're weak. We're doing well and I don't think we've seen the best of us by far.

I like the fact we play two strikers every game.

Options with our £20m man:

McBurnie/ Robinson
McBurnie/ Moose
McBurnie/ McGoldrick
McBurnie/ Sharp
McBurnie/Freeman
McBurnie/Morrison

My dodgy maths calculates 21 other permutations amongst the others without McBurnie.

Then there's Leon! and I bet Osborn would give it a go.

Then we can have any number permutations

The interesting thing about the Southampton game is the fans will be expecting a win for possibly the first time this season, we have raised the bar after the first four games so it will be interesting to see how we as fans go in this one, underdog suits us, the atmosphere has been brilliant and it will start off the same, pity about the break think it would suit us to go again straight away

Id bring Moose on earlier vs Southampton. Around the 50-60 minute mark, get him fully match fit.

Later in season, Moose and McBurnie is gonna be a great strikeforce.

Moose is so quick.

Looked at some heat maps and the number of balls in the box and can’t help but feel Sharp would have a field day.

I think there will come a point where we start with Sharp and McBurnie. Mousset put in some performance yesterday but that was after coming on for Freeman.

Have a feeling Mousset maybe used similarly to yesterday.

Looked at some heat maps and the number of balls in the box and can’t help but feel Sharp would have a field day.

I think there will come a point where we start with Sharp and McBurnie. Mousset put in some performance yesterday but that was after coming on for Freeman.

Have a feeling Mousset maybe used similarly to yesterday.

Sharp and McBurnie were both very poor against Blackburn, never got a sniff as both were overpowered by the Blackburn centre backs.
Mousset came on as sub and immediately their centre backs looked panicky as they couldn’t cope with Moussets physicality and pace.
Although Sharp and McBurnie looked far better than the Robinson/ McGoldrick partnership when they came on against Leicester.

I watched the highlights and can not remember McBurnie getting a touch?

He was substituted in the second half.

He will have to do better if he wants to be first choice. Robinson and Mousset looked quick and powerful in the highlights.

Are we spoilt for choice?

HH

I could understand why Ravel got left out yesterday. Wilder probably expected us to have to be more defensive at Chelsea, so it only made sense that the bench had defensive options.

I'm sure going forward, we'll see Ravel more at the Lane and "easier" away games like Soton etc... and Besic away from the Lane and at home to "tough" opponents like Liverpool etc...

Mousset starting against Soton is an exciting prospect. The question now is who partners him as we need to get an established front two going, like we have done for the past couple of seasons. Given the second half against Chelsea, I expect it will be Robinson.

Carried away a bit ??

Not that it is gospel, but deadbat has awarded McB a 4 and a 5 in his first two starts !!

Hardly set the world on fire has he !!!

Definite improvement required although he does bring height and aerial ability to the table. On top of which his head appears to be round (ish) rather than 50 p shaped. I guess that’s what £17-£20 mill gets you 😉.

UTB

Id bring Moose on earlier vs Southampton. Around the 50-60 minute mark, get him fully match fit.

Later in season, Moose and McBurnie is gonna be a great strikeforce.

Moose is so quick.
I think Mousset and Robinson are the ones that click, really nice to see pace up top, and a bit of size/height, the new Agana/Deane maybe???
Fucking hope so!!

McBurnie £17m bench warmer?!!

Knowing Wilder you could be right in due course but surely we have to play him at least 10 games to settle him in.
Trying to save money with the appearance add-ons.

It seems quite clear that Billy and Didsy are being 'phased out' and the likelihood is that at least one of them won't make the bench in a few weeks time. Injuries/suspensions/form will kick in so it's not the end for either of them but the future is the new boys.

It seems quite clear that Billy and Didsy are being 'phased out' and the likelihood is that at least one of them won't make the bench in a few weeks time. Injuries/suspensions/form will kick in so it's not the end for either of them but the future is the new boys.
We can’t really afford to be sentimental. They know that themselves. But the squad game comes into it’s own in the Prem.

I could understand why Ravel got left out yesterday. Wilder probably expected us to have to be more defensive at Chelsea, so it only made sense that the bench had defensive options.

Eh....there were 3 strikers on the bench???

I think you are right Jim.....when everyone is up to speed there is no way that all 5 striking options will be named in a match day squad like they were on Saturday.....it will be 2 from McBurnie, Mousset & Robbo with Ravel being the alternative attacking option off the bench.

Could Didzy or Billy move on in Jan even??

Biggest concern for me is across the back though......any one of the back 5 pick up an injury/suspension we are in trouble....the thought of Freeman at RWB in the Prem leaves me in a cold sweat!

Back
Top Bottom