Maybe Wilders fault ?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Put yourself in PA's shoes, you have given £100m plus for signings which are questionable at best, reckless as worst, would you a) do the same again hoping that eventually the person spending your money gets it right or b) bring in someone with a bit of experience to oversee things and make sure your money was being spent wisely...

No brainer if you ask me.

I posted this on another thread, but feel its relevant here

Aside from having someone oversee his next multi million pound spending spree, PA may have also looked at teams where a DoF is in place and realised its just how you have to run a football club now

The days where a elite football club has a manager that runs it top to bottom are over

Arteta / Edu - Aresnal
Dyche / Rigg - Burnley
Tuchel / Cech - Chelsea
Ancelotti / Brands - Everton
Bielsa / Orta - Leeds
Rogers / Rudkin - Leicester
Guardiola - Bergiristain - Man C
Solskjaer / Murtagh - Man U
Hasenhuttl / Crocker - Soutampton
Mourinho - Birch - Spurs
Moyes / Husillos - WHU

All are either DoF, or TD* - one and the same

Last edited:
Friday I was outraged ... Saturday morning the same but as you read more through the day it looks more like Wilder has forced this parting !

Has he decided he can’t work in the Princes vision for the future and walked ? , has he been offered another job ? Or does he want a break ?

it’s ok laying into the Prince but we know he wanted Wilder next season but we also know Wilder is his own man and it’s his way or no way , at the end of the day the prince is the gaffer and if the gaffer wants to do something he does it and is not dictated to by employees!

The DoF thing is a logical step after the lack of success in the transfer market the last two years , we have spent a fortune in SUFC terms but our main players by and large are still the same ones that were our main players in league one and the Championship and that’s just not good enough on reflection.

there is no better man than Wilder to lead our promotion bid next season but if he’s too stubborn to accept any change or wants to force the prince to spend money he doesn’t have IE the training ground when the club is already mortgaged up to buy assets off McCabe ... or not sell anyone and buy more then wilder is out of order.

We don’t know what has happened but the prince is taking pelters and he has the right to run the club how he wants and not be dictated to and from all the noises he has made he wanted Wilder to stay , if Wilder thinks he can dictate does that mean he thinks he’s bigger than the club and the owner ?

it’s a big u turn from me but I am still gutted Wilder has gone but I feel the prince is taking a lot of maybe undeserved flak !

we should all probably wait for the dust to settle and all the details to come out before blindly taking sides !!!
If Princey can't afford to run a Premiership club he should have bought Rotherham (eg) and given them a Championship lift. What's the point him being owner if he can never allow us to compete on half decent terms? It's an ego trip I suspect and it wouldn't bother me in the slightest if he sold up and fucked off.

The stubborn
persistence with 352 sums a lot of it up

What 352 ??????
We haven't played 352 all season

We played it last year and did well
But this year our 352 hasn't been anything like a 352
More like an 8-1-1

That is not how things work as SUFC. We have a transfer committee. A member of the transfer committee (could be Wilder, could be many other people - the majority being non football Prince's people) recommends a player for a position which we are targeting. The committee votes on it (one man, one vote). The player with the most votes is negotiated for until we get a player. Ergo the members of the committee are responsible for the success or not of the signings. The book passing over the last view days has been interesting to see. The same guy did the same to Clough to disguise his own shortcomings.

I thought the purpose of the transfer committee was 1 to identify players, put a value on them, sell it to the board and then finally negotiate for the player, rather than how you describe it. God knows why Wilder would put up with non football people voting on players. Financial decisions yes, but players? Makes no sense.

Maybe the prince is going to be getting significant investment for next year, ( only guessing here) and CW was told that before we spend any of that investment, a DOF needs to be put in place, and CW was having non of it. So he’s gone now rather than later.

Someone claiming to be ITK said something along similar lines a week or so ago

I thought the purpose of the transfer committee was 1 to identify players, put a value on them, sell it to the board and then finally negotiate for the player, rather than how you describe it. God knows why Wilder would put up with non football people voting on players. Financial decisions yes, but players? Makes no sense.

Nope. See Wilder's recent comments re Brewster. Also the Youtube fans forum and the comments about Bogle and how Wilder had to effectively win over members of said committee to change their votes. I was happy about these events as they peeled back the mystery for fans. It seems that the quasi democratic system will be replaced by an autocratic DOF which is somewhat ironic. If you can remember the reasons given for Cloughs sacking in a facebook diatribe ;) ; they included that he'd bypassed the transfer committee and signed who he wanted. I'll let you decide whether that was the truth or more book passing.

Friday I was outraged ... Saturday morning the same but as you read more through the day it looks more like Wilder has forced this parting !

Has he decided he can’t work in the Princes vision for the future and walked ? , has he been offered another job ? Or does he want a break ?

it’s ok laying into the Prince but we know he wanted Wilder next season but we also know Wilder is his own man and it’s his way or no way , at the end of the day the prince is the gaffer and if the gaffer wants to do something he does it and is not dictated to by employees!

The DoF thing is a logical step after the lack of success in the transfer market the last two years , we have spent a fortune in SUFC terms but our main players by and large are still the same ones that were our main players in league one and the Championship and that’s just not good enough on reflection.

there is no better man than Wilder to lead our promotion bid next season but if he’s too stubborn to accept any change or wants to force the prince to spend money he doesn’t have IE the training ground when the club is already mortgaged up to buy assets off McCabe ... or not sell anyone and buy more then wilder is out of order.

We don’t know what has happened but the prince is taking pelters and he has the right to run the club how he wants and not be dictated to and from all the noises he has made he wanted Wilder to stay , if Wilder thinks he can dictate does that mean he thinks he’s bigger than the club and the owner ?

it’s a big u turn from me but I am still gutted Wilder has gone but I feel the prince is taking a lot of maybe undeserved flak !

we should all probably wait for the dust to settle and all the details to come out before blindly taking sides !!!
Hey Chingo, very magnanimous of you i must say! Yes, it is a disappointing period for us (once again!) but we don't know the ins and outs and the owner has always said he wanted Wilder to stay.
I will keep my powder dry (for a change) until i know a lot more.

It’s sounds, to me, that there’s been plenty of input into signings from outside of Wilder’s hands.

I think there are plenty of people still at the club who’ve got a fair bit to answer for, transfer wise. What’s for certain is the next man will get far less say, and will have to be more of a yes man.

There is oodles of evidence that Wilder knows how to drive a club forward. There is absolutely fuck all evidence that anyone left at the club have any credentials.

Someone claiming to be ITK said something along similar lines a week or so ago
I’ll bare my arse on the town gall steps if we see significant input into transfers next season.

The most likely scenario is that we sell £50m worth, and reinvest £10m of it.

If you accept football club owners have the right to run a club as they please, how would you argue against the Prince changing the kit to blue and asset stripping us before doing a runner.

Technically he's well within his rights as he owns it.

This is the danger when only one side is allowed to speak.

Nope. See Wilder's recent comments re Brewster. Also the Youtube fans forum and the comments about Bogle and how Wilder had to effectively win over members of said committee to change their votes. I was happy about these events as they peeled back the mystery for fans. It seems that the quasi democratic system will be replaced by an autocratic DOF which is somewhat ironic. If you can remember the reasons given for Cloughs sacking in a facebook diatribe ;) ; they included that he'd bypassed the transfer committee and signed who he wanted. I'll let you decide whether that was the truth or more book passing.
Is it your position that the only transfer that is Wilder’s work is Bogle, and every bad deal is someone else’s fault?

Is it your position that the only transfer that is Wilder’s work is Bogle, and every bad deal is someone else’s fault?

No. That's the one we have in depth info about on the public record (thankfully!).

Agreed. I love Wilder and wanted him to stay, but we’ve wasted tens of millions under him and at no stage does he seem to have taken responsibility for that which would have been the first step to learning from it.

I still think ‘Prince Prick’ is a funny nickname though.

I;m not interested in trying to apportion "blame " on all this at the moment. Having watched that today we are a Club in Crisis. Players looked like they couldn't care less and frankly I am really disheartened at the way things have gone this season, as I'm sure we all are., and now we are leaderless and just waiting for the season to end and retreat to the Championship with our tails between our legs.
Having watched this Club since I was a kid I feel embarrassed at the turn of events.. Lets get the heirarchy sorted , a fresh approach and everything in place for next season. The worst scenario is that we go into next season still trying to get the Club on an even keel and a squad lacking in several departments.
Sorry about all the cliches in this post.!

I’ll bare my arse on the town gall steps if we see significant input into transfers next season.

The most likely scenario is that we sell £50m worth, and reinvest £10m of it.

I dont think we have players worth £10m that we want to sell let alone £50m.

I will tag along and enjoy the wilderness years again,that will be forthcoming,today was just the start.

1615741917791.png

Back
Top Bottom