Maybe Wilders fault ?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Chingo

Reaction score
Friday I was outraged ... Saturday morning the same but as you read more through the day it looks more like Wilder has forced this parting !

Has he decided he can’t work in the Princes vision for the future and walked ? , has he been offered another job ? Or does he want a break ?

it’s ok laying into the Prince but we know he wanted Wilder next season but we also know Wilder is his own man and it’s his way or no way , at the end of the day the prince is the gaffer and if the gaffer wants to do something he does it and is not dictated to by employees!

The DoF thing is a logical step after the lack of success in the transfer market the last two years , we have spent a fortune in SUFC terms but our main players by and large are still the same ones that were our main players in league one and the Championship and that’s just not good enough on reflection.

there is no better man than Wilder to lead our promotion bid next season but if he’s too stubborn to accept any change or wants to force the prince to spend money he doesn’t have IE the training ground when the club is already mortgaged up to buy assets off McCabe ... or not sell anyone and buy more then wilder is out of order.

We don’t know what has happened but the prince is taking pelters and he has the right to run the club how he wants and not be dictated to and from all the noises he has made he wanted Wilder to stay , if Wilder thinks he can dictate does that mean he thinks he’s bigger than the club and the owner ?

it’s a big u turn from me but I am still gutted Wilder has gone but I feel the prince is taking a lot of maybe undeserved flak !

we should all probably wait for the dust to settle and all the details to come out before blindly taking sides !!!

That's how it looks to me. We will only know the truth if Chris is ever free to tell his story, so until then I'm leaning towards agreeing with you Ching.

Friday I was outraged ... Saturday morning the same but as you read more through the day it looks more like Wilder has forced this parting !

Has he decided he can’t work in the Princes vision for the future and walked ? , has he been offered another job ? Or does he want a break ?

it’s ok laying into the Prince but we know he wanted Wilder next season but we also know Wilder is his own man and it’s his way or no way , at the end of the day the prince is the gaffer and if the gaffer wants to do something he does it and is not dictated to by employees!

The DoF thing is a logical step after the lack of success in the transfer market the last two years , we have spent a fortune in SUFC terms but our main players by and large are still the same ones that were our main players in league one and the Championship and that’s just not good enough on reflection.

there is no better man than Wilder to lead our promotion bid next season but if he’s too stubborn to accept any change or wants to force the prince to spend money he doesn’t have IE the training ground when the club is already mortgaged up to buy assets off McCabe ... or not sell anyone and buy more then wilder is out of order.

We don’t know what has happened but the prince is taking pelters and he has the right to run the club how he wants and not be dictated to and from all the noises he has made he wanted Wilder to stay , if Wilder thinks he can dictate does that mean he thinks he’s bigger than the club and the owner ?

it’s a big u turn from me but I am still gutted Wilder has gone but I feel the prince is taking a lot of maybe undeserved flak !

we should all probably wait for the dust to settle and all the details to come out before blindly taking sides !!!
Its been how many years?? 15 or so?? But you've finally posted something that makes sense :) ;-)

Hope you're good mate.

There was always more to this than just "prince prick" getting rid, as some bellends are spouting on their "channels" in foul mouthed rants.

Wilder has always engineered his own fate, and perhaps this is no different.

Maybe we will never find out. It seemed from his press conference interviews over the last few games that he was trying to get himself the boot. Strange behaviour, unless it was a deliberate attempt to force someone's hand.

I suspect they're both in part to blame tbh.

PA has wanted a DoF since he took sole ownership. It makes sense given he's not based in the UK. There's been a problem with communication for a while. There needs to be someone on the ground, as you'd have in big corporations, to run the club on a daily basis. I think Bettis was picking some of this up but not fully.

CW obviously wants full control over a lot of matters to do with the club. It's a lot easier to refuse a DoF when you're having an incredibly successful season and the football world is praising you. A lot harder when you're rock bottom.

This was always going to come to a head. I guess results may have brought that date forward. Both men must have known this.

You’re loving this aren’t you.
Revelling in it.

Time will tell if the Prince is taking undeserved flak
And that time will probably be sooner than anyone thinks

I for one think Wilder no longer at the club will be an unsurmountable mountain to climb and I now fear the worst

Think that sums things up pretty well
I've stayed pretty quiet this season on wilder as I don't like to.speculate but its pretty clear that wilder has been trying.g to.force his way out for a long while and in hindsight some of his decisions now look like he was goading or daring the prince to.sack him which for me appears to be putting himself before the club and I can't have that

He's also spent all season telling the players they aren't good enough and picked teams that symbolically waved a white flag before they even kicked off

I think he was struggling with the pressure of it all and I'm glad for his sake he's out now and can recharge his battery's

Let's hope that the new set up can Inject some enthusiasm and positivity in the players as I think the place just lately has been the antithesis of everything wilder represented in his previous seasons and I can't see the reasons for that being anyone's fault just a culmination of things that couldn't be avoided or helped

Pleasantly surprised at that from you mate, and respect for being able to acknowledge there might be more facets to this than the binary drama queens would suggest. Nice one.

We had become stale, out thought on tactics, boring to watch and predictable. I’m sad he’s gone but I’m now looking forward to a new manager with fresh ideas and tactics. I’m hoping whoever it may be will get rid of the deadwood and stamp his own authority on the team. A few too many of our players have become to comfortable, a kick up the arse may do them some good.

The Prince was the best thing since sliced bread when he was giving Wilder millions to spend in the transfer market. Now all of a sudden he’s a terrible owner that wants too much control.

The Prince isn’t the ideal owner, but he’s done something no owner has done before and that’s back the manager. I’m sure previous United managers must’ve looked at our transfer dealings with envy. Just look at Bassett’s reign, little money to spend and his best players sold.

The Prince just doesn’t have the money to own a football club unfortunately, but I don’t doubt his passion for United, football and sport in general. So until a better option is presented to us, he’s the best we’ve got.

Wilder took over us at rock bottom in league one and built us his way at every level, he’s not going to have the same amount of influence if he takes a job at a premier league club, he’d have to go back to league one to a club in the mire to replicate what he had here. And I can’t see other owners being as patient as ours should he hit a bad run of results.
If he wanted more of a say in the running of the club he should have asked for shares in the club rather than a pay rise.
Having said all that I’m gutted he’s gone and the board have a lot of work to do to win the fans round.

Maybe the prince is going to be getting significant investment for next year, ( only guessing here) and CW was told that before we spend any of that investment, a DOF needs to be put in place, and CW was having non of it. So he’s gone now rather than later.

That's how it looks to me. We will only know the truth if Chris is ever free to tell his story, so until then I'm leaning towards agreeing with you Ching.
I would have thought part of the delay in formally announcing his departure was through having to negotiate a big enough wad of money to throw at him to keep him schtum.

Its been how many years?? 15 or so?? But you've finally posted something that makes sense :) ;-)
You’re going to have to wait a few more years for my post that makes sense I’m afraid!

The Prince was the best thing since sliced bread when he was giving Wilder millions to spend in the transfer market. Now all of a sudden he’s a terrible owner that wants too much control.

The Prince isn’t the ideal owner, but he’s done something no owner has done before and that’s back the manager. I’m sure previous United managers must’ve looked at our transfer dealings with envy. Just look at Bassett’s reign, little money to spend and his best players sold.

The Prince just doesn’t have the money to own a football club unfortunately, but I don’t doubt his passion for United, football and sport in general. So until a better option is presented to us, he’s the best we’ve got.

Exactly, Wilder spends the best part of 100million and he still has a starting 11 that started in the Championship.

The board will have been asking Wilder, why have we spent all this money and made the team worse? It said it all the other day when Wilder doubled down on the Brewster signing, saying "we all agreed to signing him".

The more I think about the recent pressers the more he was spilling the beans about private matters between him and the board. Talking about how Brewster signing like that is 100% something that stays private and not announced to the worlds press.

I think a few on twitter need to read this ,it kind of calms you down .the more you read it the more it makes sense .
I just hope who comes in plays decent attractive football ,becsuse that's what I will miss about the wilder promotions .

Bang on

Put yourself in PA's shoes, you have given £100m plus for signings which are questionable at best, reckless as worst, would you a) do the same again hoping that eventually the person spending your money gets it right or b) bring in someone with a bit of experience to oversee things and make sure your money was being spent wisely...

No brainer if you ask me.

I feel the prince is taking a lot of maybe undeserved flak ! - I could not agree more.

I do not see why the Prince would "sack" him this weekend.

Surely, it has to be more likely than not that CW went in either with his resignation/some demands he knew were not going to be acceptable/something less blatant - who knows at the moment - but the timing from him, I am still assuming this was started by CW this weekend, is very, very strange.

Christ, we have the 6th round against Chelsea next Sunday. WTF!?

Jonboy - Woman walks into a pub and asks the barman for a double entendre? SO HE GAVE HER ONE. - Love it!!! 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Exactly, Wilder spends the best part of 100million and he still has a starting 11 that started in the Championship.

The board will have been asking Wilder, why have we spent all this money and made the team worse? It said it all the other day when Wilder doubled down on the Brewster signing, saying "we all agreed to signing him".

The more I think about the recent pressers the more he was spilling the beans about private matters between him and the board. Talking about how Brewster signing like that is 100% something that stays private and not announced to the worlds press.

That is not how things work as SUFC. We have a transfer committee. A member of the transfer committee (could be Wilder, could be many other people - the majority being non football Prince's people) recommends a player for a position which we are targeting. The committee votes on it (one man, one vote). The player with the most votes is negotiated for until we get a player. Ergo the members of the committee are responsible for the success or not of the signings. The book passing over the last view days has been interesting to see. The same guy did the same to Clough to disguise his own shortcomings.

Talking too much sense!
The Chris Wilder FC fanboys won’t like to hear it though.

I suspect they're both in part to blame tbh.

PA has wanted a DoF since he took sole ownership. It makes sense given he's not based in the UK. There's been a problem with communication for a while. There needs to be someone on the ground, as you'd have in big corporations, to run the club on a daily basis. I think Bettis was picking some of this up but not fully.

CW obviously wants full control over a lot of matters to do with the club. It's a lot easier to refuse a DoF when you're having an incredibly successful season and the football world is praising you. A lot harder when you're rock bottom.

This was always going to come to a head. I guess results may have brought that date forward. Both men must have known this.
This.
I think after last season's recruitment PA wants more of a say where the money goes.

Also in addition something for me smells about the timing.i really hope I'm wrong but I do have the feeling that CW may have instigated this after being tapped up.like I say I hope I'm wrong but we will see.

Back
Top Bottom