Max Lowe

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Eddie odd legs

Reaction score
Very surprised at the lack of mentions regarding Max Lowes form & general body language. He seems (imo) to be well out of sorts. The semi final was a good example of his lack of motivation. He gave Mahrez to much space all match? And was culpable for the start of the second goal (although this was compounded by Egan's statue imitation). Lowe is displaying all the symptoms of knowing that there is no viable replacement (at present?). Stevens isn't fit & not likely to be good enough for the Premiership. Discuss?

He has all the attributes to be a top player except motivation and desire
Whilst someone like Baldock has these in spades - despite arguably less talent than Lowe - making Georgie ten times the player Max seems to be. Or maybe Lowe just doesn't like it much at United, sadly.

I think Lowe could turn out to be very good for us.
He would benefit much more though if Clarke was beside him.
JLT would be better if he had a class seasoned LWB ie a match fit Stevens, but IMHO he and Lowe together doesn't work. Both, especially JLT. have to do last ditch heroic tackles but if you watch Clarke, his experience and class ensures he rarely has to do this because he stops problems before they start, ie it's all about anticipation. He'd also talk more to Lowe in order to ensure we'd get the best out of him.
The LHS of our defence has sadly been the weak spot in our defence since O'Connell's injury. It has not yet been sorted. RND may be the solution next season.

Not sure yesterday’s game is the best measure of where he’s currently at, tbh. But, yeah, despite starting the season (surprisingly) well, in general he’s struggled badly since coming back from injury.

He doesn’t do the basics well, and has poor awareness of what / who is around him. Not a player we really want to be in the squad next year, sadly.

A weird one because he does often look like the weak link and a player you'd say isn't good enough when you watch him.

However, behind Ndiaye, he has the most assists in the squad and this will be the second season in a row that he's been a regular starter for a promotion winning side.

He wasn't Derby's first choice when we signed him, despite being older than Bogle. He's an ok Championship LWB in the making, but he's 25 now. At Forest, he had a lot of freedom to just get forward with less emphasis to get back. And back is where he struggles because he'd make a poor Championship left back. Stands off his man far too much. Lacks confidence and coolness when pressed. He looks a lot better when Hecky has him engaging players, but that's rare.

Very surprised at the lack of mentions regarding Max Lowes form & general body language. He seems (imo) to be well out of sorts. The semi final was a good example of his lack of motivation. He gave Mahrez to much space all match? And was culpable for the start of the second goal (although this was compounded by Egan's statue imitation). Lowe is displaying all the symptoms of knowing that there is no viable replacement (at present?). Stevens isn't fit & not likely to be good enough for the Premiership. Discuss? Max lowe has struggled for a while and imo he's no where even near to prem level.

I wouldn't write him off just yet. He did ok at Forest and was one of their best players for a while after losing form with us. Interesting that they didn't buy him though when they were chucking money about. When he came back he looked good. He's not looked so solid since injury and unfortunately, like Jaden Bogle, his defensive game has lacked at times this season. I'm not worried he struggled against city due to their quality. He may come good again in his overall game. Anyway who do we have to replace him at the moment? Nobody really.

I wouldn't write him off just yet. He did ok at Forest and was one of their best players for a while after losing form with us. Interesting that they didn't buy him though when they were chucking money about. When he came back he looked good. He's not looked so solid since injury and unfortunately, like Jaden Bogle, his defensive game has lacked at times this season. I'm not worried he struggled against city due to their quality. He may come good again in his overall game. Anyway who do we have to replace him at the moment? Nobody really.
That's why he's getting game time, we have few options,aside from JLT at LWB & Clark at LCB, Max Lowe simply hasn't got what it takes, I think he knows deep down hence his poor body language,Bogle on the other hand is just out of form & lacking confidence, he'll be ok

He has all the attributes to be a top player except motivation and desire
Motivation and Desire can be achieved through earning a decent wedge as a professional footballer. So the issue lies within or not just cut out for this level, never mind the PL. Once we're confirmed promoted,.there will be difficult conversations to be had with a fair few players. I expect Hecky to lead with Bettis there for support.

I wonder if Lowe was seeing flashes of Hull away when he got badly injured.

I thought he was running back a little within himself but perhaps he also thought it wasn’t worth the risk to jeopardise another as injury by overdoing it. Not something you want, players holding back, but I do wonder if that nagged him in the back of his mind. Also not sure anyone expected Egan and Robinson to part like the Red Sea either.

A weird one because he does often look like the weak link and a player you'd say isn't good enough when you watch him.

However, behind Ndiaye, he has the most assists in the squad and this will be the second season in a row that he's been a regular starter for a promotion winning side.
I think he's decent going forward at Championship level and I think he is committed, despite what others have posted above. The downsides are a lack of defensive awareness, so he's often woefully out of position and when he's out of form, like now, his first touch can be awful.

In many ways, a less skillful version of Bogle. I suspect given everything else that needs to happen, Lowe and RND will be our options next year.

M
I think he has the Monty factor where Managers love him , but the fans think he `s lacking a bit of Steel etc
Monty lacking a bit of steel?

I think the main reason that many fans were often against Monty was the fact that he wasn't very skilful on the ball, not because of a lack of desire or effort, or 'steel' as you put it.

Assuming we get the job done this week...
Slightly OT from bashing Max Lowe (who is good going forward and has plenty of area to improve defensively) - For all those getting giddy about Baldock and RND at wing back next season. We will get relegated with them (and badly) as wing backs as they dont offer any where near enough goal threat or assists. Playing 5 at the back succesfully is reliant on getting decent output from the wing backs.
Happier with them at full back in a flatback 4 as they are both solid and the extra body in midfield helps control and create.
Think we played better against City with a 4 (we certainly created more).
Playing a flat back 4 reduces the amount of recruitment we need to do I reckon.

Agree, Lowe does have some quality. I'm also a fan of Bogle, think he is capable for fantastic quality going forward, great dribbler and pops up with a goal.
Both (especially Bogle) are more talented than Baldock.

however both could learn so much from Baldock and even Jack Robsinson.

Baldock often struggles with his crossing, lacks composure on the ball and his shooting is terrible, never hits the target.
However he's so determined with a massive will to win, prepared to run through brick walls for the club.

Jack Robinson is another one, he even makes occasional blunders but he always shows massive character, never hides, stands up to be counted.
JLT lacks talent but he also has a massive will to win and will run through brick walls for SUFC, this attitude is greatly appreciate by the fans.

Then you have Bogle and Lowe, maybe they are both naturally laid back but in many games both show a terrible body language.
Thought the Man City 2nd goal was appalling, fair enough every player makes mistakes, Lowe made a bad pass straight to Mahraz.
Man City caught us on the break, 2 attackers against our 2 defenders and what did Lowe do to rectify his blunder?

Did he see the obvious danger and commit a professional foul taking out Mahrez to receive a yellow card?
No.....amazingly he jogged behind him...showing little effort to make a tackle to help out his team mates.
How can Mahrez with the ball at his feet, slowing down to weigh up his options be quicker at sprinting than Lowe, when ML doest have the ball?
That little moment of play...showed that Lowe might have technical ability but mentally he's weak....no real effort to rectify his mistake.
He's be more suited to joining Watford, would fit in well there.

Next season we're likely to be involved in a relegation battle, so we need strong characters up for the battle.....afraid Lowe isn't up to the battle.

Back
Top Bottom