Outgoing? Max Lowe (not to Florist)

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Forest have a great chance

They're recruiting much much better than we did

Didn't know they'd got Niakhate, that's a coup and an excellent signing

Awoniyi also impressive

No problem getting up on loans if you so decisively replace them with good perm signings like this

And above all they have Cooper, who is an ideal manager to keep them up

So unfortunately, Forest are looking decent. Sorry... 😂

Really? They've got a decent keeper in Henderson and in Awoniyi and Niakhaté they've probably recruited well. However, Awoniyi will have to buck the trend of strikers coming in from the Bundesliga and struggling (Werner, Haller, Joelinton etc) and Niakhaté could go the way of Issa Diop. They have have overpaid massively for Williams, Richards and Biancone and they still haven't solved their glaring issues in central midfield.

Burnley finally getting flushed will help them but realistically they're aiming for 17th with a huge slice of luck. As it stands I'd probably back them to get to 25 points but not much more than that.
Just because they have overpaid for players doesn’t mean that they will not perform.
What do you think other forums were saying about us when we went up ? Look what happened with only a few additions of quality !!

Just because they have overpaid for players doesn’t mean that they will not perform.
What do you think other forums were saying about us when we went up ? Look what happened with only a few additions of quality !!
Everyone expected us to fail but we didn't have half a team on loan. Yes, Forest have signed Awoniyi to fill the gaping hole at centre forward but he's not going to do that on his own and they're still three central midfielders and two centre halves short. Bit of an issue.

Two CBs short? They have at least 5 decent ones from what I can see

If they get Davis to cover or partner Awoniyi that will leave them strong, but I'm hoping Davis doesn't fancy carrying on as backup for a prem club and comes here instead...

Two CBs short? They have at least 5 decent ones from what I can see

If they get Davis to cover or partner Awoniyi that will leave them strong, but I'm hoping Davis doesn't fancy carrying on as backup for a prem club and comes here instead...
I'm going to bite, who are Forest's "five decent CBs"?

Niakhaté should be good. Worrall and McKenna might be. Cook is well past his best and is nowhere near PL quality. Mbe Soh played twice in the Championship last season and isn't going to feature this season.

I make that one decent and two hopeful. Nowhere near five. And nowhere near the level of ours (Bash, Egan, O'Connell, Jags) in 2019/20.

Everyone expected us to fail but we didn't have half a team on loan. Yes, Forest have signed Awoniyi to fill the gaping hole at centre forward but he's not going to do that on his own and they're still three central midfielders and two centre halves short. Bit of an issue.
They don’t have a gaping hole up front, even with Grabban leaving. They still have probably the best striker in last year’s Championship and a good third choice.
Similarly they are not 5 other first teamers short.
They have already brought 6 new players in and the window still has 6 weeks to run.
I will be more than happy if they come back down, but let’s not be blinkered as to who they have and what they are doing as it doesn’t reflect well on us.

We value Lowe more than they do. Why would we sell him for less than we paid for him when he had a good season at Forest.

Because Utd overpaid for him or, more likely, the market has changed post Covid. As much I dislike them, fair play to Forest for sticking to their valuation of players and walking away from deals when required. I bet Lowe is delighted, although I suspect he may be a starter at Utd unless Stevens remembers where he left his form.

Him not going leaves Utd in a dilemma especially if, as some believe, funds from his anticipated departure were used to land AA. Do Utd increase the budget (with the takeover looking less likely) or does it impact other recruitment?

How does Huddersfield taking £2.5m for Toffolo now rather than nothing next summer change make our valuation of Max Lowe any less realistic?

I hate FOReST. Twats.
They just spent 8.5m on a left back whose experience is mainly Reading in the Championship topped up by 434 mins of Bundesliga sub outings.

How does that make Lowe worth a shade over 2m?

I still think Hudds have undersold but they will be afraid of nothing for Tofolo.

There’s a case to be made now then that we have the best left back in the division and along with Boro, who have Isiah Jones, the best right wing back too.

The difference being that the bloke they signed is out of contract next season
What is there not to get

In an ideal world, we would have some them Lowe and signed Toffolo.

In an ideal world, we would have some them Lowe and signed Toffolo.

Toffolo has had more clubs than I have had hot dinners. That said he has had a couple of decent seasons recently since not kicking a ball for Millwall. it does strike me as odd that he had to drop down to League 2 with Lincoln to restart his career.

Toffolo has had more clubs than I have had hot dinners. That said he has had a couple of decent seasons recently since not kicking a ball for Millwall. it does strike me as odd that he had to drop down to League 2 with Lincoln to restart his career.

Some players have to don't they? Enda dropped all the way down having made some appearances for Villa, presumably in the Prem.

Toffolo has had more clubs than I have had hot dinners.
He's only been at 4 clubs permanently. Most of his clubs were on loan when at Norwich

Randomly, he's only played League Games at 2 permanent clubs. He only played cup games for Norwich and didn't make a single appearance for Millwall

Glad we stood our ground with the valuation. Clubs with delusions of grandeur need to be put in their place and understand we don't roll over for under valuations. Suddenly Lowe is an injury risk despite the fact in 6 seasons prior to turning out for the Twigs he only has 1 season where there were injury issues. Its not our fault they mis managed his injury bringing him back too early where he broke down again.

Glad we stood our ground with the valuation. Clubs with delusions of grandeur need to be put in their place and understand we don't roll over for under valuations. Suddenly Lowe is an injury risk despite the fact in 6 seasons prior to turning out for the Twigs he only has 1 season where there were injury issues. Its not our fault they mis managed his injury bringing him back too early where he broke down again.
Given the injury that RND got (running in the heat?!) and that Stevens still seems bang out of form it was a sensible decision not to offload Lowe for a pittance to the scabs. They (scabs) have bought so many new players they want to be looking long and hard at the season Fulham had when they first got promoted under jokanovic. It's usually impossible to gel so many new players together successfully - Cooper is a top manager but even he is going to struggle to do that I reckon.

Given the injury that RND got (running in the heat?!) and that Stevens still seems bang out of form it was a sensible decision not to offload Lowe for a pittance to the scabs. They (scabs) have bought so many new players they want to be looking long and hard at the season Fulham had when they first got promoted under jokanovic. It's usually impossible to gel so many new players together successfully - Cooper is a top manager but even he is going to struggle to do that I reckon.
I think you are being over pessimistic ! These are generally good players that they are signingto go with what is left and with more to come.
We didn’t do badly with a bunch of over performing Championship players initially !

Back
Top Bottom