Outgoing? Matt Done

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Incoming: Danny Ward?
Potentially, wouldn't mind but I'd actually prefer Jon Taylor. A quick direct winger is exactly what we lack.
Ward could do the job too though given he played on the wing previously.

Not Ward, Adeyemi!!

Adeyemi isn't a Rotherham player though. Ward is.

We could value Done at 250k and give them around 750k on top for Ward, which would be good value.

That could be seen as a 'free' 250k for us considering Done seemed to be out of contract.

Adeyemi isn't a Rotherham player though. Ward is.

We could value Done at 250k and give them around 750k on top for Ward, which would be good value.

That could be seen as a 'free' 250k for us considering Done seemed to be out of contract.
I know the market is inflated, but £250k for Matt Done :eek:

Probably 50k tops.

Thought Done had a year left on his contract

I know the market is inflated, but £250k for Matt Done :eek:

Probably 50k tops.

Well, we (panic) bought him for 600k+!

Being under contract I'd expect us to value him at at least 150-200k if trying to negotiate a swap deal.

Done + Money for Ward would be an excellent move for both sides to be honest.

I believe Done needs a fresh challenge, his all round game is decent and his record says he will score in League one. Was only last year which wasn't his year.

They would have some money to go and sign Adeyemi which they seem to be desperate to sign etc.

Is Ward all that?
Is he that much better than what we already have?
Clarke is better than he is, surely?

I've not seen him play so I cannot tell.
Going on reputation alone plus the snippets you get on Channel 5 I'd be tempted to swerve this one.

Ive always been a fan of Jon Taylor so if we can swing him that would be fantastic, not fussed about ward

I certainly think Ward's worth a punt for under £1m. Especially when you consider we could spend more on Gregory.

I rated him when at Huddersfield and you've got to remember that he's been in a hopeless team this season. In a better team under a better manager, he could maintain the form he showed in the first half of the season. If he did that he'd be worth £3m+.

I believe Done needs a fresh challenge, his all round game is decent and his record says he will score in League one. Was only last year which wasn't his year.

1. His all round game is mediocre.

2. Apart from one flash-in-the pan season, he has scored 13 goals in eleven seasons, average just over one goal per season. His total in his 13 year career is 34.

Apart from that you are spot on.

IMG_2850.JPG

2. Apart from one flash-in-the pan season, he has scored 13 goals in eleven seasons, average just over one goal per season. His total in his 13 year career is 34.

View attachment 26834

Apart from that good season at Rochdale and his first few months with us he's not been prolific at scoring I'll grant you, but with regard to the career average I think that he was played as a defender until around 2013/14 when Keith Hill decided to try him up front.

He has a lot of energy and a good attitude, but has been low on confidence, doesn't seem to have a great footballing brain (got caught offside quite stupidly a lot of times this season) and he has an awful first touch sometimes. He has definitely played his part in this season's success though and I do wish him well.

Apart from that good season at Rochdale and his first few months with us he's not been prolific at scoring I'll grant you, but with regard to the career average I think that he was played as a defender until around 2013/14 when Keith Hill decided to try him up front.

He has a lot of energy and a good attitude, but has been low on confidence, doesn't seem to have a great footballing brain (got caught offside quite stupidly a lot of times this season) and he has an awful first touch sometimes. He has definitely played his part in this season's success though and I do wish him well.

So do I. Elsewhere. I was just astonished (no, not really) to read 'his record says he will score in League One' when it shouts precisely the opposite.

Potentially, wouldn't mind but I'd actually prefer Jon Taylor. A quick direct winger is exactly what we lack.
Ward could do the job too though given he played on the wing previously.
He did very little for Rotherham tho, maybe it's coz he had a shit squad but still for an impact Player to make very little impact doesn't look promising .

Rotherham will be looking for about 2 to 2.5m in my opinion. I think they turned down almost 2m in Jan.

Can't see us valuing him that high.

Rotherham will be looking for about 2 to 2.5m in my opinion. I think they turned down almost 2m in Jan.

I do hope not. Surely we'd want someone significantly better for that sort of dosh? Am I missing something here, like I did with Stuart Beavon and Nick Blackman?

You don't go down with a whimper into league one and still get 2.5m for a player.
If he wants to leave, and he wants to stay in the championship, most clubs will get him for around 1m.

For the record, I don't particularly want to even spend that.

So do I. Elsewhere. I was just astonished (no, not really) to read 'his record says he will score in League One' when it shouts precisely the opposite.

Might do if he goes back to Rochdale, seems to do well with Keith Hill.

Ward scored the same amount of goals as Sam Gallagher in a poorer team.

Out scored Sam Baldock, same return as Nelson Oliveria who cost I think it was £7million.

If we could get anywhere near him I'd snap him up in a minute.

View attachment 26834
Stats about his goal scoring record across his career are moot considering he's played the vast majority of it as a defender or midfielder.

Since becoming a striker he's had 1 very good goal scoring season and 1 very poor one. I can certainly see why League One managers would still be interested in acquiring his services, despite his struggles to bag last season.

Back
Top Bottom