Match of the Day

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Why bother with MoTD. We've got Bladesman and Cappy for all our Blades highlights and coverage. More than enough for me. Our very own BbC (almost).

To be fair, we got some decent coverage and praise in wilders first season in the premiership , for good reason though! I don’t think our first couple of matches were much to shout about were they? I get the complaints, especially after the Everton match coverage. It’s all about the big teams . However I don’t think we have hardly set the premiership alight have we!
neither have everton but all the focus was on them obviously because their a big club and motd dont want them dropping out of the premier league it was disgraceful the way they bleeted about beto who didnt score and cameron archer another debutant who did score no excuses for that just blatant favouritism

Agree, I don't think there is any sort of "agenda" as such against us, we're just not a big tv draw for most people outside Sheffield.

However, I also agree with some comments calling MOTD out for their mini-feature on Beto. Yes, he was a handful, but he's a striker, on PL debut, who didn't score. By contrast, we had a striker, on PL debut, who DID score (realistically twice, even though one goes down as an OG). It wouldn't have been too much of a stretch for them to at least have a "compare and contrast" feature of Beto vs Archer, highlighting the good things that they BOTH did in the game, with a little more overt praise for Archer for what was, all round, a superb PL debut.
Well put. They don’t have a lot of time to come up with a story, and went for Pickford (England keeper a lot don’t like), rather than the more complicated compare and contrast, which would have been a more complex one. My impression is that Beto was very impressive, but didn’t score; Archer didn’t do a lot, but in effect scored 2 brilliant goals. That would have made for an interesting discussion, but would have taken longer
A word about Pickford, if I may. I always enjoy watching keepers (behind the goal on the Kop). His 2nd half performance was excellent, and I loved the fact that his enthusiasm extends to interacting with opposition fans: he arrived after half-time time with a pained expression, knowing he was getting stick for the own goal, and then allowed himself a cheeky grin after his double save. And followed a warm embrace with McBurnie. Football should be entertainment, relating with the audience. I compare this with Bryn Gunn for Norwich, celebrating his deliberate cheating in order to win at all costs.

As I said , and you have just repeated , I can see the criticism after the Everton game. The first 2 games, not so much!

Just heard on Talksport Andy Jacobs when another presenter discussed who Spurs will have up front against us “you’d probably score against that lot”
Don’t know why I bother listening to them. Absolute 80’s for my trip to work from now on.
I usually like the H&J show, as it is thankfully devoid of the usual array of dreary ex footballers. But Andy Jacobs has always been a bit of a Victor Meldrew tribute act.

I usually like the H&J show, as it is thankfully devoid of the usual array of dreary ex footballers. But Andy Jacobs has always been a bit of a Victor Meldrew tribute act.
I heard that, maybe the **** needs reminding that Burnley, Luton, Everton, Bournemouth, Wolves and even Fulham and Villa have conceded more than us?

Good. I'm glad they're not purring over our striker, and all think we're going to go down.

Let us go under the radar, and have em write us off.

Exactly where we want them.

Twats.

Think it's the way society is these days.

The mainstream media have so much power and are incredibly London biased, followed by Liverpool and Manchester biased.
Then they notice that much of the general public and world wide following are only attracted by the biggest names and biggest clubs.
When there's a limited time slot then the focus will always be on the perceived biggest players and biggest clubs.
So those players and clubs receive even more publicity making them even bigger.

So the big get bigger and the small get smaller.

The only way to break that trend is for Sheff United to appoint a massive name as owner, manager or player.

For example if we had Leornado Di Capper at owner, with Ronaldo brought in as player/ manager.
Then all the media attention would be on us, with other
Frank Lampards Sheff United 😱😱😱😱

In fairness to them going on about Beto, his all round game got Everton going and he was a driving force for their attacks. Could we say the same about Archer? Other than the two goals, did he contribute and do as much for us prior to going off as Beto did for Everton? Honestly? No.

If they'd put together an analytical piece on Archer similar to Beto it wouldn't have lasted long. But that's why, it's analysis, not a highlight reel. There was no Everton biase, Beto was one of, if not THE stand out player for the entire match and they were highlighting why based on everything positive that he did.

Our players lack the consistency over a whole game to get singled out like this. That said we got high praise last week for our defending and pressing against City.

I do agree about the Burnley love in. If Kompany wasn't the manager then they wouldn't care about them. I do like Shearer and Richards more than anyone else, as they're less biased and give credit when it's due.

Well put. They don’t have a lot of time to come up with a story, and went for Pickford (England keeper a lot don’t like), rather than the more complicated compare and contrast, which would have been a more complex one. My impression is that Beto was very impressive, but didn’t score; Archer didn’t do a lot, but in effect scored 2 brilliant goals. That would have made for an interesting discussion, but would have taken longer
A word about Pickford, if I may. I always enjoy watching keepers (behind the goal on the Kop). His 2nd half performance was excellent, and I loved the fact that his enthusiasm extends to interacting with opposition fans: he arrived after half-time time with a pained expression, knowing he was getting stick for the own goal, and then allowed himself a cheeky grin after his double save. And followed a warm embrace with McBurnie. Football should be entertainment, relating with the audience. I compare this with Bryn Gunn for Norwich, celebrating his deliberate cheating in order to win at all costs.
I thought the moment with McBurnie and Pickford at the end was great. Such a dramatic moment in a high stakes game in the biggest league in the world and they can shake hands and have a laugh about it.

I enjoy MOTD and I’ve no problem with the pundits having their allegiances on display. Better than oddballs like Don Goodman or Lee Hendrie. Nice to leave them cunts behind for a bit.

That said they only have a couple of minutes to give an overview so wasn’t expecting much insight but was surprised non of our players got a mention.

Garth is up to his usual uninformed tricks again, why is he getting a wage at the bbc,

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230905_111207_X.jpg
    Screenshot_20230905_111207_X.jpg
    474.7 KB · Views: 39

Back
Top Bottom