Match Day Thread: The Mighty Blades v Leeds United

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

We were OK generally, then dropped a bollock when it looked like a certain nil-nil. We're just a bit short against the better teams, as you'd expect, but what worries me is that our performance consistently drops after half-time.
As well as against Wednesday and fucking Rotherham.

I fully await someone to say it's all Henderson that's cost us a point, when a worse keeper that just smacks it into touch also doesn't get us a point at Rotherham

I blame McGoldrick more than Henderson.

He should have buried that chance in the second half.

Let me guess, we were brilliant today and deserved to win again because we completed more passes and had more possession yadda yadda yadda.

:rolleyes:

No, we weren't brilliant. We weren't garbage either. You are overreacting.

We were OK generally, then dropped a bollock when it looked like a certain nil-nil. We're just a bit short against the better teams, as you'd expect, but what worries me is that our performance consistently drops after half-time.

Totally agree.

I wonder if age is catching up with one or two. Some don't seem able to string a few games together without looking slow and tired.

Like you say our performance dip noticeably second half too often.

Henderson did make the save of the season in the first half, off of a deflected effort in close.

It was good game for neutral to be expected with 2 of the of most offensive managers in division. It was going to be tough as if guardiola calls you the best manager in the world. Bielsa must be good. But To lose a tight Yorkshire derby, where we more than matched them in that manner. Is deeply frustrating but Was never Henderson fault yes in hindsight shouldve let it go for corner but It was the terrible hospital back pass from egan. Shouldve never been forced into the situation. through the game i wasnt keen on passing back to GK as alioski pressing nearly caught us out 1st half & 90% was hoofed. Turning into a 50/50 between our forwards & their physical defence

I thought at times we were brilliant. Dominated a good Leeds team. Had alot of chances. Espically 1st half when we were willing to have a go take a chance Mcgoldrick shouldve buried that chance in the 1st half. But as the 2nd half went on our quality in the final third did decrease. January we do need reinforcements. More for creativity

Last season we had too many performances that were good/adequate but saw no result and now this has continued for coming up to year now people find out how to stifle us outwide and dominate the game in the number of chances created and I’m not sure what we do to avoid this issue. Any ideas other than buying some clinical forwards?

McGoldrick had a fantastic opportunity that was squandered, but had otherwise had a steady game – McGoldrick had much more influence when he moved into Duffy’s role than Duffy had had, and it was a change I think needed to be made earlier. Shame Clarke was unavailable, as I’m sure he’d have been on, but His Excellency again had a decent impact.

Probably controversially, for the other sub I’d have probably brought Lundstram on for Fleck, who I thought was really disappointing today on and off the ball. Stevens had a decent game I thought. Baldock looked very short of match-practice, and I thought we lost a lot going forward that we normally get out of Freeman there. His defending (apparently his strength when comparing the two) looked a bit dodgy at times.

Norwood seemed to suffer from Fleck and Duffy offering little, and too often resorted to diagonal punts. Thought the 3 in defence were fine. Thought Sharp had a disappointing one tbh. Aside from the miss (exactly the type of chance he relishes) he engaged in a physical battle with their defence that he frankly lost – yes the ref may have let some fouls on him go, but we made plenty that weren’t called.

A draw would have been a fair result – sadly we gifted them all three needlessly. Henderson can’t be held totally accountable for the result, because had others done their jobs properly then that would have been an error to hand Leeds a point, rather than all 3. His save first half was superb.

Back
Top Bottom